Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.0 Changes and Fresh Start -Return and populate Archeage, for it is awesome now

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Dragnelus said:
    Got a dc, now im n400, damn
    If you aren't patron there is no need to even log into a fresh start server.  See how sneaky they are.  They disconnected all existing accounts so the only way to become a patron on the fresh start was to actually pay 15$.  Then they spin it so you think they are doing a good thing.  And BAM the cash shop is open on day 1 and people have to spend money because the game doesn't have any gold yet.  Sneaky sneaky....
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    filmoret said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Got a dc, now im n400, damn
    If you aren't patron there is no need to even log into a fresh start server.  See how sneaky they are.  They disconnected all existing accounts so the only way to become a patron on the fresh start was to actually pay 15$.  Then they spin it so you think they are doing a good thing.  And BAM the cash shop is open on day 1 and people have to spend money because the game doesn't have any gold yet.  Sneaky sneaky....
    I got a sub :open_mouth: thought lets give it  try for a month.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2016
    I'm still wondering what company just straight up "calls it a night" on business when stuff is down for more than a day? Its cheaper to pay people overtime and get it fixed versus letting something stay down for a day+. Especially with how money hungry Trino is with this thing, doesn't make sense.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Zer0K said:
    I kinda wonder...  So, 6-9 months later on, on the fresh start servers, how will a new player coming into that server at that time, let's say 9 months later, have a balanced experience?
    I mean PvP is one thing, but if you get most of the players all geared up on the high seas, and you're a lowly noob that's only 40 levels in with basic gear, how do you compete?

So, that's when they bring in all the items that you'll need to buy on the cash shop to help accelerate and fill the gap in order to compete?  1-2 years down the road, the server is in the same place as legacy servers anyways? (basically).

In a way, I like what GW2 did with their PvP WvW.  However, I'm not sure that's the answer for this type of game.
    How about help scale lower-level players to have at least more of a fighting chance compared to a decked out player/whale?
    Maybe have negative points or something if you kill someone over a certain percentage lower than you.  Objective is to amass kill points that help raise your total which helps give you perks towards kewl game items.  If you kill lower level players that aren't within the 'scale range', then you'll get hit with penatlies that reduce your points.  So much so, that players won't want to go after lower level players due to the loss of points.  The stuff you can get with your points is more enticing.

Like GW2, maybe you can TAKE DOWN your opponent and incapacitate them for a while (if they're lower level), but if you put on a killing blow, that's where you lose your PvP points with a major penalty.
    yes ofc this won't change the experience players will have if they join in 6 months.
    this is ONLY meant for RIGHT NOW. only fix happening is AT THE MOMENT.

and GW2, the game without "item grind"? yea, right, their plan went awol some time ago....
    in a game that is focused on item gain, you simply can NOT keep player balanced.

those 2 ideas don't work together, quite simple

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    No thank you, I'm not a fan of second chances. 

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Make America's servers great again already...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Unstable servers and long queue times are absolutely unacceptable in a game with a land rush mechanic.

There were players who planned to forgo sleeping or going to work for extended periods of time in order to get ahead and this just crushes their plans.

Sure its great for those who do manage to get in, perhaps through luck or patron status, but pretty much sucks for everyone else and they are likely to again stay away in droves.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Unstable servers and long queue times are absolutely unacceptable in a game with a land rush mechanic.

There were players who planned to forgo sleeping or going to work for extended periods of time in order to get ahead and this just crushes their plans.

Sure its great for those who do manage to get in, perhaps through luck or patron status, but pretty much sucks for everyone else and they are likely to again stay away in droves.
    Its pretty funny cause someone on the official forums was like "Dang, even logging in has RNG."
    edited December 2016
    time007 said:
    umm one day or two of a not smooth launch is fine. i guess you haven't worked around IT in real life.  its hardcore.  so cut ppl some slack.  otherwise every IT person on earth would be fired and out of their job in their first 3 months.  
    I work in IT, my company would fire everyone if we had a day or two of offline servers.

If this was a new company and a first launch, some slack might be in order.

This is not Trions first rodeo and they should definitely be held to a higher standard.
    Post edited by Kyleran on

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    This "fresh start" will become P2W, just like the rest of their servers in due time. Burn in hell Trion.
    rawfox

Joined - July 2004

• IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I was watching a streamer play ArcheAge last night. I 100% agree on what he had to say about P2W. He said if you're not someone that needs to be the top player, if all you want is to play and have fun, then why do you care about P2W?

He went on the say how so many people see "P2W" and they allow it to impact their game. I have never allowed that to happen.

Over the years I have played many MMORPGs that people screamed were P2W. I never felt that way cause I was playing to have fun, to enjoy it. I never once had to pay for one thing unless I wanted that new mount or that neat looking costume.

So people really needs to stop allowing P2W to mess with their fun. If all you want to do is kill stuff, do quests, etc then don't worry about P2W.
    EqualsM said:
    I was watching a streamer play ArcheAge last night. I 100% agree on what he had to say about P2W. He said if you're not someone that needs to be the top player, if all you want is to play and have fun, then why do you care about P2W?

He went on the say how so many people see "P2W" and they allow it to impact their game. I have never allowed that to happen.

Over the years I have played many MMORPGs that people screamed were P2W. I never felt that way cause I was playing to have fun, to enjoy it. I never once had to pay for one thing unless I wanted that new mount or that neat looking costume.

So people really needs to stop allowing P2W to mess with their fun. If all you want to do is kill stuff, do quests, etc then don't worry about P2W.
    The game is designed for a p2w cash shop.  You will see...  There is a difference when you place a p2w cash shop into a game.  When the game is actually designed for a p2w cash shop it hits you a lot harder then you realize.
    Albatroes said:
    Kyleran said:

Its pretty funny cause someone on the official forums was like "Dang, even logging in has RNG."
    Some might argue P2W as well as patrons were supposed to get priority queue status 

They might not be wrong.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited December 2016
    The game being a f2p is just a big farce since you are locked from certain features without patron.

Let's not go down the same old debate that you can buy it with ingame money from other people. Someone bought that patron. It might not have been you, but someone did. If those people stopped selling them what would you do? Either fork the money, be hindered and unable to get a house of your own or stop playing.

Kyleran said:
    time007 said:
    umm one day or two of a not smooth launch is fine. i guess you haven't worked around IT in real life.  its hardcore.  so cut ppl some slack.  otherwise every IT person on earth would be fired and out of their job in their first 3 months.  
    I work in IT, my company would fire everyone if we had a day or two of offline servers.

If this was a new company and a first launch, some slack might be in order.

This is not Trions first rodeo and they should definitely be held to a higher standard.
    Trion probably doesn't fire anyone, just pays people with cash shop stuff and those that want actual money probably just quit.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Bloodaxes said:
    The game being a f2p is just a big farce since you are locked from certain features without patron.

Let's not go down the same old debate that you can buy it with ingame money from other people. Someone bought that patron. It might not have been you, but someone did. If those people stopped selling them what would you do? Either fork the money, be hindered and unable to get a house of your own or stop playing.
    f2p as in YOU didn't pay to enable the said features. For YOU the game is free to play.
    As long as there are people who for them the game is free then the game can be labeled as 'free to play'.

Many peeps just sub for patron at first and then they stop paying for the sub.

Its possible that way, its not mystery.

I treat the game like a sub game and pay for my sub, others didn't pay a dime ever and some invest much.
    Its very flexible that way and fits a lot of peoples schedules, habbits and preferences.

Your sub only favorite has the big disadvantage of you never will compete to no-lifers who have 24/7 time on their hands.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    EqualsM said:

When you have a P2W shop the game is fucked.  Nothing you can do.  So stop trying to feed people a line of bullshit because that is what you are doing.  This game should have been P2P from the start, if it had some cash shop stuff like gliders and cosmetic things or bag space in the cash shop then fine.  You cannot have a P2W Cashshop an expect the game to do well period. 
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    farbege said:

Your sub only favorite has the big disadvantage of you never will compete to no-lifers who have 24/7 time on their hands.

Your skill as a player can over come no-lifers any day of the week.  This is the line of bullshit you people keep feeding the masses to have a cash shop.  When I played SWG I did play 20 to 30 hours a week, I had the best rocket launchers in my server and I didnt craft 20 to 30 hour a week.  I had a network of a few hundred people who knew the best spots for the minerals I needed and would give me the information in exchange for what I knew.   I killed the no-lifers everyday of the week because my SOCIAL Skills,  I also killed no-lifers in PVP because my skills as a player and my team's skills.  

So the no-lifer bullshit is just that a line of bullshit. The real reason for the cash shop is to make money off dumb ass people who do not know how to control their own money and will make the cash shop in such a way that if you dont pay you will suck ass.  

No P2P is the ONLY way to go with a sandbox MMO
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    EqualsM said:

Just no. Half the fun is aspiring to get better while playing, and knowing I'm not able to play the game and be competitive in any way because someone else had a ton of money to drop on it just kills the game from the start. I don't need to be the best, but if I know there's not even a chance just by playing it, then it might as well not even be a game. 
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited December 2016
    danwest58 said:

***A bunch of stuff about knowing how to play the helps you overcome the disparity between no-lifers and people with lives***
    Sort of like knowing how to make money in ArcheAge makes you better than most of the swipers?

Ghavrigg said:

Just no. Half the fun is aspiring to get better while playing, and knowing I'm not able to play the game and be competitive in any way because someone else had a ton of money to drop on it just kills the game from the start. I don't need to be the best, but if I know there's not even a chance just by playing it, then it might as well not even be a game. 
    So you basically enjoy getting non-playerskill based advantages by throwing more time at getting better character stats and are super salty if someone with a productive life and well paying job can get the same advantage.

Cool. To those of us with lives, Pay to Win and Play to Win are equally offencive. ArcheAge is actually quite nice in that the labor pool limits the power of basement dwelling virgins.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Eldurian said:
    danwest58 said:

***A bunch of stuff about knowing how to play the helps you overcome the disparity between no-lifers and people with lives***
    Sort of like knowing how to make money in ArcheAge makes you better than most of the swipers?

Ghavrigg said:

So you basically enjoy getting non-playerskill based advantages by throwing more time at getting better character stats and are super salty if someone with a productive life and well paying job can get the same advantage.

Cool. To those of us with lives, Pay to Win and Play to Win are equally offencive. ArcheAge is actually quite nice in that the labor pool limits the power of basement dwelling virgins.
    With the emotional component taken out, I would say that P2W can devalue the effort of a time player if there was previously no cash equivalent in the game. It can also increase the value, if the Time Player can sell their effort for real money or something equivalent. If it s a straight up PvP issue where one guy pays and the other one uses time then it's a matter of whether or not the designers feel that level of ability should be common enough to spread it around like that.

I have played games where the difference is too great between the have's and the have nots, and in most cases people just stop participating if something is perceived as futile. The Guy with the big advantage usually ends up producing the same result, logoffs.

I'm not for giving people stuff to make them even, nor do I personally mind a cash shop, but when the best stuff in the game can be bought then it kind of takes the fun out of the game world for me. I would think a good compromise would be to allow players to hit median (or whatever is competitive) and have to work for that last 20%. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited December 2016
    Eldurian said:
    danwest58 said:

Ghavrigg said:

I like that, yes, but it's more about everyone being on a relatively equal playing field within the game itself. I don't care if someone levels faster than me and has better gear than me, as long as it's something I can aspire to, rather than something just purchased outside of the game to fuck with the players who can't or won't do the same. 

That being said, in a PvE game, I suppose it's not as big of a deal. Although it'd make for more disparity and elitism when trying to do end-game content, I'm sure. 

Good to know about the labor pool limits, and I'm going to install ArcheAge to mess around again, but for some reason, even though I haven't used Glyph at all for like a year, my account seems to be banned. Guess I got hacked.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Taking bets that the AFK kicker isn't even on this time.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    edited December 2016
    EqualsM said:

I tried, but it didnt work out. 
    I tried going to Hasla and farming tokens, got two shot'ed by a wallet warrior.
    I tried trade runs but got jacked by a group of 5 fully geared gankers
    I tried hiding a public farm to grow more tree and possibly get a TS tree but they were always looted.
    I tried fishing but got attacked by pirates
    I tried buying a plot of land from someone but as soon as he pulled his house up, someone came behind me and plopped their house down.

The only way I could have fun was to buy a bunch of charms from the cash shop and get my gear up.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Talonsin said:
    EqualsM said:

I tried, but it didnt work out. 
    I tried going to Hasla and farming tokens, got two shot'ed by a wallet warrior.
    I tried trade runs but got jacked by a group of 5 fully geared gankers
    I tried hiding a public farm to grow more tree and possibly get a TS tree but they were always looted.
    I tried fishing but got attacked by pirates
    I tried buying a plot of land from someone but as soon as he pulled his house up, someone came behind me and plopped their house down.

The only way I could have fun was to buy a bunch of charms from the cash shop and get my gear up.
    Several of many reasons and proof that whoever they got running Archeage don't have a clue how to run a pvp game.