Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warframe is a money leech :D (be warned!)

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
edited November 2016 in Warframe
WoW what a greedy money leeching game ,

Its F2P for a few hours then suddenly it turns into P2W because rich players can invest $200 and have it all while the rest would have to farm months for the same gear.

Everything can be bought with $$$$ €€€€ if you try to farm and grind for the items you have to quit your job and everything that counts .

what a greedy game system !  Either pay or wait hours or days for your crafting results.

Its nice for some days then the $$$$ money leeching effect on your VISA card starts to happen.

Good i am old enough to resist and know this game targets on human weakness like impatience and addiction.

Orokin Catalysator > 20p only !!    
Orokin reactor > 20p
Orolkin Cell > 10p
Argon > 20p

Crafting a Warframe > 3days wait or pay 50p 
Crafting a Sentinel > 1 day wait or pay 
Crafting a Forma (which you need alot) > 1 day
etc etc etc
Mission reward >> 25% discount on a weapon !! LOL

375plat > $20 hard earned Dollars and you dont get much out of it at all

You need at least 1000 platinum to fully enjoy this game without endless stupid boring grinding.

BE WARNED >>  Pay or Wait !!   

(p.s yes i know for the fanbois appearing here soon ,  Alerts, Invasions etc etc sometimes have rare rewards......)

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2016
    What are you talking about? Ive been playing since closed beta (did take some breaks too). I only buy platinum when i get 75% off discount from login reward, sometimes when i get 50% off.

Do you have to spend money on it? NO, why? you can get every single item from the cash shop by selling mods and prime parts to other players for platinum. That is how me and my friends make platinum in game. When i buy plats with real money is to support Digital Extremes because they have shown they are one of the best F2P companies out there for years.

Sure the game is a grindfest, but it only feels like a grind when you give in to the repetition. RNG here is a lot better now compared to when it launched in closed beta.

My friend just sold Valkyr prime for 500 platinum, and i sold Nekros for 200 a couple days ago. You don't need to pay real dollars for anything in game other than to support the company if you choose to. I do, when i get login discount.
    m1tchk

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    edited November 2016
    What are you talking about? Ive been playing since closed beta (did take some breaks too). I only buy platinum when i get 75% off discount from login reward, sometimes when i get 50% off.

Do you have to spend money on it? NO, why? you can get every single item from the cash shop by selling mods and prime parts to other players for platinum. That is how me and my friends make platinum in game. When i buy plats with real money is to support Digital Extremes because they have shown they are one of the best F2P companies out there for years.

Sure the game is a grindfest, but it only feels like a grind when you give in to the repetition. RNG here is a lot better now compared to when it launched in closed beta.

My friend just sold Valkyr prime for 500 platinum, and i sold Nekros for 200 a couple days ago. You don't need to pay real dollars for anything in game other than to support the company if you choose to. I do, when i get login discount.
    theres the 1st of these guys with to much time :D 

you know , i found all Oberon parts and hes in the works in the foundry since 3 days.

Theres a little button called "RUSH" with 50p at start and still at 40p now ad 1day left....

DE does everything to milk the last cent of players in my opinion.

WHAT AN IMPUDENCE !!! :D   
    DMKano said:
    OP - "pay or wait" is the core principle of many cash shop based "f2p" games.

The idea is simple - if you don't want to spend time in game - you can pay to speed up progress and get to "end game" faster

OR

if you don't want to spend money - you can obtain same stuff without paying but it will take a lot of time.

So both of those who pay and who play (and any combination of either) - end up at the same "end game" point - the difference is time and money spent - that's it.

and here the 2nd that explains me that waiting 3 days for a Warframe to build is cool and ok....

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

Sounds like a personal problem. 

Either wait and get what you want by playing, or spend money.  Your choice.  They are upfront about it also.   If you are so impatient that you can't stand it, well, that's your issue.  They have to pay their developers somehow.

Now I have quit playing; but it's because on two recent instances, I didn't get the rewards from missions, and Warframe support says they have no records of them.  Despite screen shots on the second one.  Not being able to track your rewards is a big issue to me, and who knows how much else has gone missing.   Not fun to have to excessively track your goodies because their system is glitching.

So I deleted it for the time being, will play games that aren't screwing up.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

got a 75% coupon ......  me ... lol

others seem to wait since months for one....... and i get it lol
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    edited December 2016
    OP you do realize that you can trade your drops for plat from other paying customers right? 

I've shamelessly sold useless mods for hundreds of plat. Especially some Prime junk I do not and will never need.

I've also bought mods from other players for platinum. I managed to buy recipes and parts for Rhino Prime before they removed him from the game, so I'm one of the few having this insane warframe. 
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    edited December 2016
    Making platinum in game is entirely viable.  Useful event mods that are not available year round tend to sell well.  Also vault run corrupted mods are easy to obtain and can be quite valuable.  Some are highly useful and you will want in most frames and weapons  depending on what build are using.

When weapons and frames are soon to be placed in the vault (made unobtainable in game) you should farm them as they also sell well.

There are many easy to obtain weapons and frames that are extremely effective e.g. atomos tonkor hek and valkyr, mirage is also very good and components for that are also obtained from vault runs.  Mostly don't spend platinum on weapons or frames. 

You can't buy prime variants from shop and not worth investing platinum in weapons and frames you will be using temporarily.

I suggest spending on weapon and frame slots and only reactors and catalysts on weapons and frames after you decide you like them and will be using frequently..
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    An user with trouble of paying game he's playing, sounds familiar guys?

A hint: "I haven't spend a dime in 5 to 6 years and counting!"

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Only 3 days wait?  Pffft, my last skill in EVE took 27 days to train.  Three damn days wouldn't even make me blink an eye.

That being said, a lot of people I know love this game and play it every week.  Personally, I looked into it and the aesthetics are hideous.  I don't like a single Warframe in the game.  Not one.  Usually I can find something in a game that looks cool to me, but not this game.  The art style is way too fuckin weird.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited December 2016
    Goromhir said:
    DMKano said:

The idea is simple - if you don't want to spend time in game - you can pay to speed up progress and get to "end game" faster

OR

if you don't want to spend money - you can obtain same stuff without paying but it will take a lot of time.

So both of those who pay and who play (and any combination of either) - end up at the same "end game" point - the difference is time and money spent - that's it.

and here the 2nd that explains me that waiting 3 days for a Warframe to build is cool and ok....

uh yea, games which wont allow you to play endgame instantly are totaly f2p...

NOT.

seriously. if you can't wait 3 days, i suggest you don't play warframe, bc that won't be the last time you wait and actually DO SOME FUCKING QUESTS MEANWHILE....

shush... now they complain they have to actually play games... hf with that discussion.

thought he'd actually cry about the warframe limit that has to be increased by buying it or weapons or whatnot... but about THAT?

some people just love crying as it seems

if you only love games where you can use everything instantly... then again... play something else, you are playing the wrong game.

warframe DOES feature a progression system ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    edited December 2016
    I've played Warframe for a month and a half and i only paid 10 euros. I could have paid nothing but i just wanted a cat without grinding for it.

I got 4 warframes that i liked and used, 5 guns that i liked and used and used forma on all of them the way builds on youtube suggested. I managed to do all that by selling spare mods and actually playing the game.
     Warframe is not for me because i don't like repetition but it's a great game with cool combat animations and story surprisingly. You don't have to pay for anything.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited December 2016
    H0urg1ass said:
    Only 3 days wait?  Pffft, my last skill in EVE took 27 days to train.  Three damn days wouldn't even make me blink an eye.

That being said, a lot of people I know love this game and play it every week.  Personally, I looked into it and the aesthetics are hideous.  I don't like a single Warframe in the game.  Not one.  Usually I can find something in a game that looks cool to me, but not this game.  The art style is way too fuckin weird.
    Yeah, EVE teaches patience. I've got skills in queue where to go from level 4 to 5 is 58 days.

Total time in skill queue? 548 days.

:p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2016
    Goromhir said:

theres the 1st of these guys with to much time :D 

you know , i found all Oberon parts and hes in the works in the foundry since 3 days.

Theres a little button called "RUSH" with 50p at start and still at 40p now ad 1day left....

DE does everything to milk the last cent of players in my opinion.

WHAT AN IMPUDENCE !!! :D   
    I don't have too much time like you say. While something is being crafted, i do other things or play other games then come back. I never rush anything and i only buy platinum currency when i get 75% off at login screen and some times 50%off. Yes Plats are expensive, but you dont need to pay real money. Just farm prime parts and good mods and sell them for plats. It would be seen as a massive cash grab if you could only get plats with real money. I don't spend countless hours farming either.

Cant say the same for many F2P mmorpgs out there that are all about real money cash shop.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I haven't played since launch. Now I know that you can buy warframes, but this must be one of the least intrusive F2P games out there since it is consistently one of the most played games on steam and has been since it launched. My guess is that it's doing around 60-70 million annually at most and probably making $10 million profit. Back in 2014, DE sold the majority stake (61%) of the company, they sold it for $73 million. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind that sale, but I would highly doubt they sold it because it was making a metric fuck-ton of money. 

That being said, that's all just external observation. As I mentioned I haven't played this since it originally launched. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Goromhir said:
    DMKano said:

OR

DMKano didn't say it's fun. He just said that some just pay for it while other would play for it. If you have enough time (holiday, without work or whatever reason), you can play and take your time. If you don't want to wait, grab that creditcard and speed up.

DMKano also explains that Warframe is far from P2W. You do not get an advantage over an other by paying for items that can only be obtained through playing the game. All you do is pay for is to speed up (parts of) the game.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Kyleran said:
    H0urg1ass said:

Yeah, EVE teaches patience. I've got skills in queue where to go from level 4 to 5 is 58 days.

Total time in skill queue? 548 days.

:p
    Bottom line: If you wanna play Warframe without disappointment, play EVE first!

(yeah right :expressionless:)

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    OP, I love you but if you think Warframe is P2W, you are going to hate all the other multiplayer online games.  I think Warframe is one of the least P2W games on the market right now.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD