Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stream 1: Your First Steps in Conan's World - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageStream 1: Your First Steps in Conan's World - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

In case you missed last week's first-ever Conan Exiles live stream event, the good folks at Funcom have uploaded it for your viewing pleasure. The event took place on Friday, December 2nd and showed off a demo of Conan Exiles in action.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    edited December 2016
    WTF is that bracelet that explodes when you go in wrong direction ? it that game feature not to explore those far away not actually existing places on the horizon or it's temporarily quest related wtf.... DUMP ..... MMORPG played hate dumb way restrictions to not go that way because there is nothing just like SWOTR did in some sand planets . You see there are things on the horizon but if you try to reach them you will die .... Thanks for Open World .... Keep the game in development instead of pooping out another failure ....
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 417
    As a former Norwegian company, i've always rooted for Funcoms success. But they've gone in "all the wrong directions" after starting development on Age of Conan, and this last ditch attempt is nothing more. It's a game that cant decide what kind of game it wants to be. And it's so friggin annoying to "mix in conan" in it just because they have almost gone bankrupt from getting access to that trademark. Age of conan should've been named Hyboria (or "awesome the first 20 levels, then crappy" rpg). This will sadly be the end of funcom
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Eldrach said:
    As a former Norwegian company, i've always rooted for Funcoms success. But they've gone in "all the wrong directions" after starting development on Age of Conan, and this last ditch attempt is nothing more. It's a game that cant decide what kind of game it wants to be. And it's so friggin annoying to "mix in conan" in it just because they have almost gone bankrupt from getting access to that trademark. Age of conan should've been named Hyboria (or "awesome the first 20 levels, then crappy" rpg). This will sadly be the end of funcom
    This isn't age of conan.....

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Looks like a Rust Clone.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Ask on the forums when " Bar Room Brawling will be added " but be ready for ban hammer, I received a perma one a few years back. Not a funcom fan sense.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    I played AoC for about 18 months or so. I actually enjoyed the game.

TSW kept me interested and playing for about a year. I thought overall it was a well done game.

I know funcom has had its issues but overall I have enjoyed their games starting back in AO.

Hopefully they can get this one right, looks like it could be fun.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    looks like bad clone of ark.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    No longer are games called pre-alpha. Pre-Early access is the new thing.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Nothing seen which could makes me excited tbh. Only another ARK/RUST/whatever Clone.
    And honestly, not having the tec ready aka Sounds is.....not rly professional in my eyes. May it be earlyalphapreearlyaccesswhatever. I would rather not see more of "that". Please get your stuff done before rushing things "just to show things".
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Ilaya said:
    Nothing seen which could makes me excited tbh. Only another ARK/RUST/whatever Clone.

Well, I've never wanted to play Ark and I certainly never wanted to play Rust.

But I do want to play this. I think setting is a huge factor when it comes to games.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    edited December 2016
    This game would be better as an MMO, with more players per server.

I've never been a fan of player run servers in games like this. They work well in FPS where you don't have persistence tied to the map, but if I am going to spend significant time building a settlement, I think the server should be maintained by the developers.
    Post edited by Wellspring on
    --------------------------------------------
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Sovrath said:
    Ilaya said:

But I do want to play this. I think setting is a huge factor when it comes to games.

My thoughts exactly, personally Hyboria is probably my favorite Fantasy setting. Whereas neither ARK nor Rust had any appeal to me, which was directly related to their setting. I do enjoy Life is Feudal's setting as well. This looks to be a bit better (on the technical front), which would make it a better option.. (it doesn't seem to be such of a resource hog, probably because it's not an amateur endeavor).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Do you people even read up on anything, all of you commenting on it being an ARK or RUST clone, well DUH it is a Hybrid Survival MMO.

FunCom received the most ridiculous hazing at launch of AoC, I mean, I had never seen the community out for blood as bad, and it is sad, because I too enjoyed AoC, it's combat was very progressive, and as far as I am concerned, it should have been a model from which other Developers took note for 'True Action Combat" mechanics.

I have to agree with WellSpring here, there is room for the most EPIC of griefing, you piss off an admin of a server, and boom he resets it and your crap is gone, or whatever....

On the turn around time, OMG you folks downing because of a technical issue with sound, when they stated this was their first time streaming, ever.....since this was announced, and up until this point, this is IMPRESSIVE.....so put down your pitch forks =)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

I've never have been a fan of player run servers in games like this. They work well in FPS where you don't have persistence tied to the map, but if I am going to spend significant time building a settlement, I think the server should be maintained by the developers.
    Or you can run one and problem solved?

Heck, I don't have a lot of friends who play video games but I'm going to set one of these babies up so that we can jump in and have some fun when we are up for it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

I've never have been a fan of player run servers in games like this. They work well in FPS where you don't have persistence tied to the map, but if I am going to spend significant time building a settlement, I think the server should be maintained by the developers.

actually, it workes quite well imo.

private servers have much more controle over hacks and cheats.
    you wanna play with more people "you dont know"? then advertise your server somehow ^^

i heard there is something called facebook and twitter nowadays.

for example, it worked more than just good for "long time building" in minecraft.
    and i never had a prob with cheaters and/or exploiters there =)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Sovrath said:
    Ilaya said:

Of all the survival games I play, this one has the setting that I look forward to the most. 

Rust - Plain as hell, nothing special about its setting.
    ARK - BEAUTIFUL game(especially with everything maxed out), tropical setting, I enjoy the hell out of it but I do prefer the Conan setting better.
    H1Z1 - Plain as hell as well, nothing special to it.
    H1Z1 Just Survive - Beyond plain as hell, pathetic, laughable game in its current state.  Huge waste of money.
    The Forest - Another game with beautiful graphics but the land seems rather bland and the same throughout the entire island(snow area is empty as well)

So, Conan for me personally, takes the reigns when it comes to the setting.   In terms of gameplay, well we shall see how it does.  In all honesty guys, how DIFFERENT can these games all be when it comes to the crafting/building?  It really cant because crafting/building is rather straight forward.  Where it WILL be different is the fact that it'll supposedly have a good chunk of PvE elements to it that seems unique, such as capturing slaves and using them in your base.  What other Survival game can  you say has done that? That's had you capture NPC's and use them in a base? None. It's still yet to be seen how it'll be done so all we can do is wait.  

There is 1 thing I am worried about though -  How will the avatars be summoned and how long will it take to summon them?  From the video, that avatar just swept through a base like it was nothing so that may be something that pisses some people off unless of course that might also be a driving factor for PvP and raiding bases.  To not allow people to summon an Avatar, get into a base asap to get rid of the god altar.  
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Well that was painfully unprofessional. Also, oh good another halfassed game coming out.
    edited December 2016
    LIOKI said:
    Well that was painfully unprofessional. Also, oh good another halfassed game coming out.
    Oh good, another person rushing to judgment on 1 video. 1!  

Oh and also, people showing personality on a video is not a bad thing.  Being super rigid, stone faced with little to no personality in itself is boring as shit to watch. You watch TV ever?  See how people on TV typically show personality?  Because personality is > than stone face, dead serious people on TV.  Go watch some of the videos SoE did back before they got bought out from Daybreak with EQnext videos.  Stone faced, boring as fuck to watch because of how serious they were.  I'd much rather watch people who seem to have fun rather than a deadbeat stone face on a video. 
    Eldrach said:
    Or... hopefully Funcom has learned from their mistakes with AoC and will do better by it with this product?  Who knows.  Only time will tell.  I like your title at the bottom though about the name of AoC, that is hilarious.  I was there apart of the rush in AoC. You're right, it was a ton of fun the first 20 or so lvls and than it died out, even though my guild and I all hit 80.  It was sad to see some zones launched incomplete.   HOPEFULLY they do better with this.
  • SheilaVocSheilaVoc Member UncommonPosts: 15
    It looks like a Meridan 59 clone
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    As someone who played AoC for eight years, I'll say this looks fantastic.  When I first heard about it, I was mad that these funds weren't going to continue AoC development and advertising.  However, this is something I could get into.

I'm just hoping some of the funds from this make their way to AoC if it launches well.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2016
    I almost closed the video when they jumped into the game and it was first person. I'm glad they have a nice third person perspective, my interest in this game grew significantly. I hope they make a good game. Watching the video kind of makes me want to give AoC another try. Looking forward to this game. Good luck Funcom, take all the time you need so you dont release just another survival generic walking simulator. It would be a waste of the Conan IP.

• blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129

Arskaaa said:

looks like bad clone of ark.

my thoughts as well

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon