Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm playing Archeage.. despite all the hate.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Forgrimm said:
    raystantz said:
    Forgrimm said:
    raystantz said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    Now you're just being a fool. You're assuming the build is sub par when you clearly know about as much about playing a healer in PvP as I do playing a tank in PvE. Which is almost nothing.

Like I said. I personally found it stronger than a templar it's just a bit harder to play because it's busier (You have to be able to heal and CC at the same time while a templar only has to worry about healing and surviving.) Maybe a sub-optimal build for someone of average skill which is why it hasn't caught on but if you have it mapped out right it's better in small group open-world PvP, better on boats, better in 3v3s and can even win 1v1s because of your witchcraft pet. Pretty much the only thing it isn't better at is sitting in the back lines and managing healthbars in mass fights like Halcyona. 
    Builds generally don't catch on when they're sub-optimal. There's a limited number of ways to build a specific class. There aren't any secret builds at this point, everything has been tried. The high performing builds become popular, while the sub-optimal ones fall by the wayside. Shadowbane is all about cc'ing opponents, mana draining, using defense to survive the wombo-combo of darkrunners/shadowblades, and tossing out some heals. Those are its strengths. Without songcraft or auramancy I would never consider it as a primary healer. I mained a Paladin, it was tough as nails as a combat/off-healer and great in 1v1's but I would never run it as a primary healer, especially in group pvp.

Anyway, I didn't come into this thread to get into a pissing match about classes and builds. I gave the OP legit advice about the type of shit he can expect if he decides to play on a legacy server with whales and people who are geared to the teeth from playing for so long. If he decides to play, his absolute best bet to have a good experience is to play on the fresh start server when it releases.
    So you don't think that people will be leaving the legacy servers in droves to create brand new accounts?
    They very well may be, but they will be starting over from scratch, they can't take any of their stuff with them.
    They are taking a ton of experience and knowledge of the game... I mean, look at you guys fighting over who knows more about the game! I'm going to play BDO and mess around in AA until the new servers open. I wanted to play something now, and not 9 days from now lol.. because I have time off right now.
    They can't take their gear, or gold, or 30 plots of land and 40 housing/farm designs, etc. though.  But if you're just looking to kill some time right now, there's a million better options available.
    They'll bring over their knowledge and experience, by far the most valuable commodity.

In 6 months most of the same folks kicking everyone's arses on the legacy servers will be doing the same on the new ones.

But there will be a short window where things will seem to be more on par.

But they are not.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited December 2016
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:

You don't know how to play a Shadowbane. I do. You're speculating based on what you've heard. I'm detailing what I've actually done.

Builds don't generally catch on unless they are easy to play. If you are aren't a scrub it opens up a whole array of really cool builds that may be better for you. Shadowbane's a more strategic build but it's only sub-optimal if you are a sub-optimal player.

I've played Shadowbane , along with many other classes, which is why I know its strengths. There's nothing strategic about it. Defense/Witchcraft/X and Defense/Vitalism/X are some of the lowest skillcap builds in the game. That's why when balanced arenas came out, everyone and their mother was running Defense/Witchcraft. The build you linked has the same cookie cutter skills that everyone running those skillsets used.
    Cool. So then you're a class hopper who played it for 5 minutes and think you know everything. It certainly takes more skill to be a healer and CCer at the same time than a straight healer like cleric or templar or a straight CCer. To say anything else is just being stupid.

Edit: I'd also like to throw out I saw somewhere in the range of 3 other Shadowbanes in my entire time playing one. If we are going to say Shadowbane is a "cookie cutter" class then allow me to throw out some other "cookie cutter" classes.

Melle DPS:

Darkrunner
    Blighter - (Half tank but mainly DPS)

Melle Tank:

Abolisher
    Paladin

Ranged DPS:

Primeval
    Stone Arrow

Ranged Tank:

Bastion

Magic DPS:

Daggerspell
    Enigmatist
    Revenant

Magic Tank:

Cabalist

Healer:

Cleric

Tank Healers:

Templar
    Shadowbane

Other Builds At Least as Popular as Shadowbane:

Skullknight
    Poxbane
    Dreambreaker
    Oracle
    Argent
    Hexwarden
    Bladedancer

Etc. I'm sure I missed quite a few

There are 120 classes in ArcheAge and I just came up with over 20 that can be "cookie cutter" according to your standards off the top of my head. That's more classes than you'll even find in most games.

Kind of shoots your whole argument that there are only a few viable classes to hell.

Post edited by Eldurian on
    Kyleran said:
    Forgrimm said:
    raystantz said:
    Forgrimm said:
    raystantz said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    Now you're just being a fool. You're assuming the build is sub par when you clearly know about as much about playing a healer in PvP as I do playing a tank in PvE. Which is almost nothing.

Like I said. I personally found it stronger than a templar it's just a bit harder to play because it's busier (You have to be able to heal and CC at the same time while a templar only has to worry about healing and surviving.) Maybe a sub-optimal build for someone of average skill which is why it hasn't caught on but if you have it mapped out right it's better in small group open-world PvP, better on boats, better in 3v3s and can even win 1v1s because of your witchcraft pet. Pretty much the only thing it isn't better at is sitting in the back lines and managing healthbars in mass fights like Halcyona. 
    Builds generally don't catch on when they're sub-optimal. There's a limited number of ways to build a specific class. There aren't any secret builds at this point, everything has been tried. The high performing builds become popular, while the sub-optimal ones fall by the wayside. Shadowbane is all about cc'ing opponents, mana draining, using defense to survive the wombo-combo of darkrunners/shadowblades, and tossing out some heals. Those are its strengths. Without songcraft or auramancy I would never consider it as a primary healer. I mained a Paladin, it was tough as nails as a combat/off-healer and great in 1v1's but I would never run it as a primary healer, especially in group pvp.

Anyway, I didn't come into this thread to get into a pissing match about classes and builds. I gave the OP legit advice about the type of shit he can expect if he decides to play on a legacy server with whales and people who are geared to the teeth from playing for so long. If he decides to play, his absolute best bet to have a good experience is to play on the fresh start server when it releases.
    So you don't think that people will be leaving the legacy servers in droves to create brand new accounts?
    They very well may be, but they will be starting over from scratch, they can't take any of their stuff with them.
    They are taking a ton of experience and knowledge of the game... I mean, look at you guys fighting over who knows more about the game! I'm going to play BDO and mess around in AA until the new servers open. I wanted to play something now, and not 9 days from now lol.. because I have time off right now.
    They can't take their gear, or gold, or 30 plots of land and 40 housing/farm designs, etc. though.  But if you're just looking to kill some time right now, there's a million better options available.
    They'll bring over their knowledge and experience, by far the most valuable commodity.

In 6 months most of the same folks kicking everyone's arses on the legacy servers will be doing the same on the new ones.

But there will be a short window where things will seem to be more on par.

But they are not.
    There are a lot of skilled players who are suffering because they have lives and aren't swipers.

Those are the people who will get an edge over where they previously stood if they get in on day on of the fresh start.
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

So while you are out running around you like the ability to run into a solo enemy or an entire group of enemies.  Yea you can see that in both WOW,Rift if you know where to go.  The same with Archeage.  Except in Archeage you have more to worry from your own faction then the enemy most of the time.

ESO,GW2 you are wrong about both of those games.  There is no queue.  Theres 300-500 players on the map.  The map is huge so its like an entire zone not just some small instance.  They aren't really instances because they only reset once a week.  And there are a lot of people in ESO wvw that are trying to quest and avoid pvp.

Again your reasons are really flawed when comparing vanilla WOW.  I mean if you want to join a massive fight it doesn't matter if its in open world or some instance.  You want to see the massive fight then go to where it is.  How is that different then joining an instance?  Instead of walking to some area where all the fighting is happening.  They teleport you to an instance.  
    It's different. I don't know to prove to you why it's different, but for me.. it's different. And yes, while I am out running around as you stated in your first sentence. I know that it "exists" in those games. I've played both, and most recently WoW and it does not exist in the same way that it used to, and I stated already I've played that game to literal death. I've played it for 6-7+ years at this point. It's time to move on, it's not fun anymore.

The key word here is "random", nothing happens at random if I choose for it to happen.

Vanilla WoW for example.. let's say I'm running through Ashenvale forest. I'm level whatever.. I get ganked by a high level player, randomly.. I let my guild know.. "hey, I just got ganked by <insert guild> anyone want to help?" A few minutes later, more high levels show up, and before you know you have a huge donnybrook in the middle of a quest zone.. not an instance, not a HUGE map that you can't go to unless you're PVPing.. just any old quest zone where other players might happen to run by, etc. It's heart pumping, and it's fun because it isn't what I planned to do, I didn't go to an instance with the thought of "I think I might like to PVP right now, let me go to this one area in the game where it's allowed... and there might be others doing it too.." Part of the fun for me is being surprised and kept on my toes because I can be attacked and attack anywhere, not just in a zone designated specifically for that. There may be no queue for GW2, but it's still instanced and it's still locked down to one specific area in the game. There def. is a queue for ESO because I've played that one. You can't just walk in the instance that I'm aware of. 

In fact:

The fastest way to enter Cyrodiil is to use your Character menu. Choose Alliance War tab and you will see a list of campaigns. To find out more about Campaigns read this guide: Campaigns in ESO. Each Campaign is an independent instance of Cyrodiil where limited number of players is fighting. You can enter either your home campaign or guest campaign.

Choose the campaign you want to enter and you will be allowed to take place in a queue. After your time to enter has come you will receive a notification telling you that you may enter a campaign. If you acknowledge you will be teleported to Cyrodiil right from the place where you are standing. The notification is active for limited time and if you miss it you will have to repeat all actions once again.

There is most definitely a queue for ESO at least.. and that's what I'm telling you I don't want. I want to PVP in the same world that I'm questing and farming in. Not an area that is designed for me to PVP in that just also happens to have quests in it too..  Archeage has this. 

The bottom line is that I do not want instanced of zoned PVP of any kind. I want to PVP in the game world at large, where the majority of the rest of the game takes place. Not a zone, not an instance. I don't care if the zone is the same size as the rest of the game world if it's not "IN" the game world that everyone else is playing in, then I'm not interested. It's an immersion thing I guess. 

I mean, yes.. I'll still do the battlegrounds and instanced/zoned PVP but it's literally my least favorite kind. I would still be playing ESO if it was more like Skyrim and you could kill other players while questing... but nope.. it's all locked into that one zone, that yes... you have to queue for.. breaks all immersion for me.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    ESO's wvw should be large enough to suit you.  You didn't like it because there was too many people who were there for the pve aspect.  In the open world isn't there a majority who are there for the pve purposes?  Even in Archeage you have a buttload of people who don't want the pvp but they put up with it because there is no choice.  If you want that open world pvp stuff then Archeage,BDO,Mortal Online,Lineage,  are the choices.

I would like to warn you that most every mmorpg has places where players congregate.  So you can literally run around for hours without seeing any action because you don't know where it is happening.  Even in Archeage which started out fairly well had wartimes on zones.  That only helped in Halsa because everyone wanted to farm the weapons.  Now that Hasla is obselete I don't think there is a real reason to enter any of the warzones unless you just want to hunt the farmers.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2016
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:

You don't know how to play a Shadowbane. I do. You're speculating based on what you've heard. I'm detailing what I've actually done.

Builds don't generally catch on unless they are easy to play. If you are aren't a scrub it opens up a whole array of really cool builds that may be better for you. Shadowbane's a more strategic build but it's only sub-optimal if you are a sub-optimal player.

I've played Shadowbane , along with many other classes, which is why I know its strengths. There's nothing strategic about it. Defense/Witchcraft/X and Defense/Vitalism/X are some of the lowest skillcap builds in the game. That's why when balanced arenas came out, everyone and their mother was running Defense/Witchcraft. The build you linked has the same cookie cutter skills that everyone running those skillsets used.
    Cool. So then you're a class hopper who played it for 5 minutes and think you know everything. It certainly takes more skill to be a healer and CCer at the same time than a straight healer like cleric or templar or a straight CCer. To say anything else is just being stupid.

Edit: I'd also like to throw out I saw somewhere in the range of 3 other Shadowbanes in my entire time playing one. If we are going to say Shadowbane is a "cookie cutter" class then allow me to throw out some other "cookie cutter" classes.

Melle DPS:

Darkrunner
    Blighter - (Half tank but mainly DPS)

Melle Tank:

Abolisher
    Paladin

Ranged DPS:

Primeval
    Stone Arrow

Ranged Tank:

Bastion

Magic DPS:

Daggerspell
    Enigmatist
    Revenant

Magic Tank:

Cabalist

Healer:

Cleric

Tank Healers:

Templar
    Shadowbane

Other Builds At Least as Popular as Shadowbane:

Skullknight
    Poxbane
    Dreambreaker
    Oracle
    Argent
    Hexwarden
    Bladedancer

Etc. I'm sure I missed quite a few

There are 120 classes in ArcheAge and I just came up with over 20 that can be "cookie cutter" according to your standards off the top of my head. That's more classes than you'll even find in most games.

Kind of shoots your whole argument that there are only a few viable classes to hell.

Valid point, not to mention that not everyone puts the same amount of points into each one since most people use those classes situationally. Since AA is mostly a pvp game, people aren't going to care about your class as much as compared to running certain pve content.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    edited December 2016
    can't wait for 3.0, got my build figured out I think, although its really hard to find concrete build discussions, since I have a really hard time using Reddit

I went, Sorcery, Aura (those 2 are absolute musts for me) and trying to decide on final, I have dabbled with Occult, Vit and Song, like Song, but I don't know if it does well, or what my role is later in game, right now I am just farming
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:

5 minutes? Not quite there kiddo. I played the game for a solid year and a half. Had 2 capped characters on 2 accounts with almost all skillsets maxed at 55. When you've played for that long, you end up experimenting with a lot of different classes and builds. I also played on a high pop server with ForestCrow when they were at their prime and later on Disaster when they were at their prime. The amount of whales on that server made it so things weren't easy.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Don't be all snarky to people who may have been apart of Archeage since beta, because you're just now going through the honeymoon phase. It's so ignorantly blissful and corny. 

"Hey there's a nasty piece of traffic about 50 miles down the road"
    "I don't know what you haters are talking about it's perfectly fine where I'm at"

=\

Wtf  are you you spouting on about, he  never said anything snarky in his post. Perhaps you should stop being snarky because he likes the game.
    I didn't mean for it as an attack on the OP. Nor did I chastise him/her for liking Archeage. 

Archeage is a likeable game early, but the "hate" is very much warranted.

Those fresh start servers are typically just resets for people who were getting smashed on and outgeared on other servers to have a chance to be ahead of the curve and do it to someone else.

It's a vicious cycle, of which the victim pool is getting smaller and smaller.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:

5 minutes? Not quite there kiddo. I played the game for a solid year and a half. Had 2 capped characters on 2 accounts with almost all skillsets maxed at 55. When you've played for that long, you end up experimenting with a lot of different classes and builds. I also played on a high pop server with ForestCrow when they were at their prime and later on Disaster when they were at their prime. The amount of whales on that server made it so things weren't easy.
    Kyrios aka home of the 8000 gearscore and epic buff. The dominant guild from my server tried to transfer to Kyrios and got smacked into oblivion.  =)
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited December 2016
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:

5 minutes? Not quite there kiddo. I played the game for a solid year and a half. Had 2 capped characters on 2 accounts with almost all skillsets maxed at 55. When you've played for that long, you end up experimenting with a lot of different classes and builds...
    So then... you're a class hopper who played Shadowbane for like... 5 minutes.

Obviously I'm exaggerating a bit there But I'd say I've played ArcheAge for somewhere around a year between the two times I've played it. The difference is I was not a class hopper. The only two builds I invested much time into were cleric on my first time playing, and shadowbane on the 2nd.

So I know healing, know PvP healing, and know that the Shadowbane is an exceptionally good one.

Also strongly advise people against class hopping once you've found a good build you enjoy playing. You will literally never reach full mythic-Ayanad with the best gems and everything even if you have your final build picked out at level 1, play 10 hours a day every day, and invest 100$ a month into this darn game. And gear on this game is not on a diminishing curve, it actually does the exact opposite and the differences get stronger with each tier. Picking one class and sticking with it doesn't just mean mastering it as a player. It means not wasting a ton of gold and labor on gear replacements needed to optimize each new build.

So given that I could probably play a Destroyer (Sorcery/Archery/Battlerage - Literally the worst class I've seen anyone try to play.) that's less sub-optimal than whatever you were playing given an equal time/cash investment if you maxed every skill tree and tried a crap ton of different classes.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Then you should keep playing it... don't know why you care what other people thinks. It is personal preference

raystantz said:
    I'm currently level 20, and I seem to be having fun. I'm not paying attention to much, just playing at my own leisure.
    I think probably a fun game to play as a new or casual player because you know you will never own land/housing anyways, so there goes the burden of playing the game.

However from the perspective of a early starter or vet player though it is probably a terrible game because of all the money sink/grind just to remain somewhat competitive... and plus a lot of them will have negative views also because of all the bad launches an the bugs at the start that costed them the competitive edge, and they will most likely never get over it.

Eldurian said:
    So then... you're a class hopper who played Shadowbane for like... 5 minutes.

Obviously I'm exaggerating a bit there But I'd say I've played ArcheAge for somewhere around a year between the two times I've played it. The difference is I was not a class hopper. The only two builds I invested much time into were cleric on my first time playing, and shadowbane on the 2nd.

So I know healing, know PvP healing, and know that the Shadowbane is an exceptionally good one.

Also strongly advise people against class hopping once you've found a good build you enjoy playing. You will literally never reach full mythic-Ayanad with the best gems and everything even if you have your final build picked out at level 1, play 10 hours a day every day, and invest 100$ a month into this darn game. And gear on this game is not on a diminishing curve, it actually does the exact opposite and the differences get stronger with each tier. Picking one class and sticking with it doesn't just mean mastering it as a player. It means not wasting a ton of gold and labor on gear replacements needed to optimize each new build.

So given that I could probably play a Destroyer (Sorcery/Archery/Battlerage - Literally the worst class I've seen anyone try to play.) that's less sub-optimal than whatever you were playing given an equal time/cash investment if you maxed every skill tree and tried a crap ton of different classes.
    The class system was one of my favorite aspects of the game. So yes, I tried many classes. Though I mained Paladin and Abolisher for the longest times. As far as gear goes, the weapon is the highest contributing item in terms of damage/healing power/magic attack. With obsidian weapons, you can invest in 1 weapon to fill multiple roles/classes since obsidian katanas and obsidian shortspears don't have the penalty on physical damage, like club and scepter do.

I bought a divine tier 5 obsidian shortspear which I was able to use for any melee/defense/ build and any healer/defense build. Only reason I'd have to invest in a different weapon is if I decided to try a magic attack build or a 2-handed build, which I didn't have much interest in either so it didn't matter. For armor I used 4 piece epherium earth leather and 3 pieces tier 4 obsidian strength leather. Again, that gear allowed me to play multiple classes. And once balanced arenas came along, I was able to try out any class combo because you use the pre-set gear templates in there.
    No wonder you think Shadowbane is a crappy healer if you were using stam/strength gear with a spear.

I was rocking stone cloth, physical defence shield, and a club all gemmed out for healing. A Shadowbane in stone cloth is a great healer. And CCs are like the only thing in the game that aren't really gear dependent so it worked quite nicely.
    Eldurian said:
    No wonder you think Shadowbane is a crappy healer if you were using stam/strength gear with a spear.

I was rocking stone cloth, physical defence shield, and a club all gemmed out for healing. A Shadowbane in stone cloth is a great healer. And CCs are like the only thing in the game that aren't really gear dependent so it worked quite nicely.
    I didn't run shadowbane in my earth/obsidian set. I ran it with the shield-priest gear pre-set, which is club/cloth. I'd never run cloth in open world pvp though, it's too squishy when you're on a server full of melees. In my earth/obsidian set as a paladin i had over 7k physical defense and max toughness gems, and even then it was tough fighting darkrunners and shadowblades with the kind of gear scores they had on my server.
    Then you should keep playing it... don't know why you care what other people thinks. It is personal preference

raystantz said:
    I'm currently level 20, and I seem to be having fun. I'm not paying attention to much, just playing at my own leisure.
    I think probably a fun game to play as a new or casual player because you know you will never own land/housing anyways, so there goes the burden of playing the game.

However from the perspective of a early starter or vet player though it is probably a terrible game because of all the money sink/grind just to remain somewhat competitive... and plus a lot of them will have negative views also because of all the bad launches an the bugs at the start that costed them the competitive edge, and they will most likely never get over it.

I would like to own land/housing. I'm fine with becoming Patron. I'm not fine with spending more than I'd spend in WoW to keep up or be remotely competitive. 

Currently playing:

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I am playing BDO, there's a whole drama of P2W surronding it but comparing to Archage... it's nothing; Archeage as I played compares as far more agressive on that aspect.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    raystantz said:

raystantz said:

I would like to own land/housing. I'm fine with becoming Patron. I'm not fine with spending more than I'd spend in WoW to keep up or be remotely competitive. 
    if thats the case you will be dissapointed ...
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:

I didn't run shadowbane in my earth/obsidian set. I ran it with the shield-priest gear pre-set, which is club/cloth. I'd never run cloth in open world pvp though, it's too squishy when you're on a server full of melees. In my earth/obsidian set as a paladin i had over 7k physical defense and max toughness gems, and even then it was tough fighting darkrunners and shadowblades with the kind of gear scores they had on my server.
    Cloth is fine if you run the shield that gives more physical defence, the obsidian flute, and gem it out with physical defence, toughness, and resistance. Stone cloth also has set bonuses for physical defence. If you're playing a primary healer and it's not either running stone cloth or the obsidian healing set (or some of the raid crap right after reaching high level I guess) then you're doing it wrong. 

Might not work against 7-8k gearscore guys but nothing works against them. I've watched plate armor wearers get 1-2 shotted by that crap.

God's whip and revenants were also pretty big around the time I played Shadowbane and cloth was super good against that while plate was pretty useless against it.
    Scorchien said:
    raystantz said:

raystantz said:

This is wrong. The people telling you this are wrong. I had houses on both Rangora and Morpheus (A really nice water house on Morpheus and a 16x16 house plus two 16x16 farms on Rangora.) after like a month of play while also working a full time job. Yes, land and houses are expensive. No you will likely not be able to afford one of those guild mansions. Yes you can afford land if you're playing fairly actively.

Plus bound tax certs are one of the fastest ways to burn labor. It's a very low value way to burn labor but if you don't have time to play to earn the money to buy tax certs... 

Basically what I'm saying is there is no excuses to not be able to pay your taxes if you're patron.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Eldurian said:
    Scorchien said:
    raystantz said:

raystantz said:

This is wrong. The people telling you this are wrong. I had houses on both Rangora and Morpheus (A really nice water house on Morpheus and a 16x16 house plus two 16x16 farms on Rangora.) after like a month of play while also working a full time job. Yes, land and houses are expensive. No you will likely not be able to afford one of those guild mansions. Yes you can afford land if you're playing fairly actively.

Plus bound tax certs are one of the fastest ways to burn labor. It's a very low value way to burn labor but if you don't have time to play to earn the money to buy tax certs... 

Basically what I'm saying is there is no excuses to not be able to pay your taxes if you're patron.
    No its not , i leveled 2 toons , to max level geared them up as best as possible with out throwing my wallet at AA , And you will not be remotely competitive , You will be 1 shot .. over and over useless cannon fodder for the swipers ......  
    MaxBacon said:
    I am playing BDO, there's a whole drama of P2W surronding it but comparing to Archage... it's nothing; Archeage as I played compares as far more agressive on that aspect.
    I was just in BDO.. is it just me or does it feel way more "boxed in" than AA does? Everything seems less expansive... maybe it's just me.

Currently playing:

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited December 2016
    raystantz said:
    MaxBacon said:
    I was just in BDO.. is it just me or does it feel way more "boxed in" than AA does? Everything seems less expansive... maybe it's just me.
    Okay well let me know how it works out in about a years time :3.... Tried it several accounts got bored fast server died lost thousands of dollars worth of property but decided to just give it to a random guild before leaving fully upgraded and all every house in the game.

I will miss it but I wont miss how Trion ruins games in many ways.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Im trying AA also (only level 21) but I find it pretty themeparkish....Still havent even found a fishing trainer and to me the game steers us towards just doing quests....I keep hearing all these people say its sandbox but Im not seeing it.
    Im trying AA also (only level 21) but I find it pretty themeparkish....Still havent even found a fishing trainer and to me the game steers us towards just doing quests....I keep hearing all these people say its sandbox but Im not seeing it.
    I think the entire idea of Sandbox is doing whatever it is you want to do. If you don't want to quest, stop doing quests.

Currently playing: