Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.0 Archeage Dilemma

Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401

Myself and prolly many other players in similar position are wondering about few things

So very few things happen in my life i simply can not decide myself and this is one of those -.-

Issue is, i have played on both EU and NA servers , Anthalon and Kyrios, and archieved solid foundations for gameplay.

BUT

Anthalon is beggining to feel empty even with those few friends i still have there. (like its generally known for EU servers in mmorpgs to have shorter life span than NA) Kyrios is +50 ping for me, which isnt that bad, but there is like 0000 free housing space there, which might change with 3.0 so theres that. BUT

I have no idea if 3.0 Nuia Land will be remotely usefull for farming(is it temperate),
edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMRSzsjsyug

aged trade packs and standard trade,
edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/4zcfqg/archeage_kr_30_trade_pack_changes/

dont want to buy patron and end up on another Karkasse..

AND

Edit: Cash Shop closed for 6 months, no ,3 months no, last word its 15 days xD ? what?

Fresh start is soon ,with few EU guilds i know rolling EU servers again (which might again last shorter than NA ones like it was before twice now) But than again i can not even begin to consider playing on fresh start or i will be considerably gimped without patron, so there is patron expense must-have & NA servers which will be overwhelmed by new players, and returnees, even veterans from old servers.

SO!

I.Continue on EU - Go full-dive and wait for server merges and when population will increase maybe

II.Continue on NA - Use what i have and get some 3.0 land there finally

III.Fresh Start on EU with Patron and play with friends again on could be short span server

IV.Fresh Start on NA with Patron full freshness ,open beta experience for me.But slow as fck.

please reccomend what could be best for me and why

i can not decide i feel entirely lost

and thank you so much!

Comments

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited November 2016
    I'd ask yourself a few questions:

1. Do you feel that you are behind the curve and most players have more equipment points than you, and that makes it hard to compete?
    2. Do you feel like you have the kind of time to devote to ArcheAge to stay with or ahead of the curve if you did join a fresh start server?
    3. Are you more attached to you current character, or does the idea of a fresh level one character on a new account really sound exciting to you?
    4. What level of population do you find ideal?

If the answers to that are:
    Yes
    Yes
    A freshs start sounds exciting
    I love high population servers

Then your answer is clearly fresh start

If the answers to that are:
    No
    No
    Attached to current character
    (A population level of an existing server)

Then you should transfer to another server that has the kind of population you want or stay where you are.

If the answers are mixed then only you can answer that question for yourself. Flip a coin and decide heads is fresh start and tails is old servers. Don't actually go by the results of the toss, go with whatever you wanted it to land on once the coin was in the air.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    edited November 2016
    Veteran player here, im content with what i've archieved on old servers, and i can compete there.
    But server im in on EU is half-empty so not much to compete against, mmo without the populus is no mmo.

Fresh start is a chore for new char, grind of some sort, new everything, patron, inventory/bank limitations, character development, vehicles, land ,designs, everything all over again
    but companions ingame can make that road whole lot smoother fun and adventurous.

So yeah, sometimes nothing matters, if you expect to have fun.

For the most part ,i think i will roll on NA Fresh Start , but i am still considering staying on old chars depending on how Trion handles cash shop and merge timers.
    If they unleash CS in 15 days and merges/transfers in 1-3 months, there really is not much to think about.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Don't waste your time bro.  Play something else.  If you want just throw money at me and I'll be happy.  That way when you are broke at least one of us is happy about it.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Got some amazing property on Europe yesterday. First 24x24 non-aqua plot I've ever had on any server. I mainly just mine on Europe and I got the plot closest to the best mining area in the game so I can log on hit my farms and go mine with like 30 seconds travel involved. Super looking forward to hit the NA server and see what I get. We're going for good places to stick tradesman manors on NA so it will likely be more hotly contested.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Eldurian said:
    Got some amazing property on Europe yesterday. First 24x24 non-aqua plot I've ever had on any server. I mainly just mine on Europe and I got the plot closest to the best mining area in the game so I can log on hit my farms and go mine with like 30 seconds travel involved. Super looking forward to hit the NA server and see what I get. We're going for good places to stick tradesman manors on NA so it will likely be more hotly contested.
    If you use campfire with log and trimmed meat combined with vocation tonic ,sleeping buff and dawns fist gear ,you should be able to deplete 5k labor while mining in about 1h or less.

I parked all my alts on hellswamp cliffs and glided down to Ahnimar while people were pvping at the entrance.
    On 3.0 release i had ahnimar 100x100+ properties and moved hundreds if not thousands of aged packs from there to gwe/solz ,on both EU AND NA , so yeah, this has been a major grind for me, but i have secured few dozen APEX, advanced housing and vehicle designs, and funds for divine + gear.

I suggest spamming Airain  > TC Stage > Cinder- Peace and Ahnimar > HS Peace >Halcy stage >Gwe/solz
    as main means of profit via trade routes on land, for sea routes you could try lilyut>freed solz>freed solz>villianele  tc>solis tradesman manors ,but you need some backbone and few friends to protect you.
    Good luck

Unfortunately i got burnout on playing the game so ill be chilling in some other games before i return to spend all i grinded for this winter ;)