Bless Online AMA with Senior Product Lead at Aeria

MikotoMisakaMikotoMisaka Beaverton, ORMember UncommonPosts: 29
Didn't see this posted anywhere so thought I'd throw out the link for anyone that is interested

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bless/comments/4fiebs/my_name_is_chris_i_am_a_senior_product_lead_and/

Question answering starts at 10AM CEST
Tagged:

Comments

  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 7,861
    edited April 2016
    Finally, a game with open world grouping.  =)


    Post edited by Mikeha on
  • cheyanecheyane EarthMember EpicPosts: 4,918
    edited April 2016
    Is that dragon following them around a pet... it's so cute. As they say in Korean Daebak!
    Post edited by cheyane on
    image
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 7,861
    cheyane said:
    Is that dragon following them around a pet... it's so cute. As they say in Korean Daebak!

    Yea, its a pet. The game is supposed to have a taming system to where you can tame almost anything and make it your pet or mount. 

    Maybe somebody who plays the Korean version can give more input on this. 
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,223
    Recore said:
    Finally, a game with open world grouping.  =)


    ?

    Tera has open world grouping and so does Black Desert.



  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 7,861
    edited April 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    Finally, a game with open world grouping.  =)


    ?

    Tera has open world grouping and so does Black Desert.


    You can group in every game but I am talking about a game like Lineage 2 to where that is how people play the game. There are tough mobs in the open world where you need Tank, Healer, DPS.

    TERA and Black Desert?

    I have played alot of both and those are mostly solo games with very easy pve. 
    Post edited by Mikeha on
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,387
    Hi, and it's an honest question:
    There's been a few (to say the least) Eastern games arrive here. Is there a defining difference in this one to separate it from the others?
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,223
    edited April 2016
    Recore said:
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    Finally, a game with open world grouping.  =)


    ?

    Tera has open world grouping and so does Black Desert.


    You can group in every game but I am talking about a game like Lineage 2 to where that is how people play the game. There are tough mobs in the open world where you need Tank, Healer, DPS.

    TERA and Black Desert?

    I have played alot of both and those are mostly solo games with very easy pve. 
    You can go to harder places (reds) with groups. I've grouped more in Black Desert than I have in years.
    Post edited by Sovrath on



  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 7,861
    edited April 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    Finally, a game with open world grouping.  =)


    ?

    Tera has open world grouping and so does Black Desert.


    You can group in every game but I am talking about a game like Lineage 2 to where that is how people play the game. There are tough mobs in the open world where you need Tank, Healer, DPS.

    TERA and Black Desert?

    I have played alot of both and those are mostly solo games with very easy pve. 
    You can go to harder places with groups. I've grouped more in Black Desert than I have in years.


    Now I am curious. My Valk is only level 30 and not once have I needed a group for anything. 

    Where in Black Desert's open world are mobs that you need a group for? 


    Post edited by Mikeha on
  • NeviKeshNeviKesh Crystal, MNMember UncommonPosts: 1
    In Black Desert, got my ranger to 50 and didn't even need a group to kill purple mobs. That could have been due to how mobile the class is. Even on some of the other classes I've played, I can't fathom why you would need a group to kill red mobs... purple maybe. Reds no. I could even kill 2 cyclops at a time if I was careful enough with positioning. To me, that game feels more anti-group than pro-group. And the end game is boring, especially on my server.  Everyone is AFK fishing and training. I often find myself logging in at night to just stare at the screen, ask myself why I'm even trying, then logging out to read more about Bless or go out into the scary world.

    Bless, to me, just feels like it has more to offer the player than BDO.

    You have me on Tera. That was a fun as heck game. The community killed it though.  
  • Delfy2Delfy2 EUMember UncommonPosts: 4
    edited April 2016
    Engineer and designer of Bless come from L2.
    I think it will be very great and maybe we will go in a true PVP world as L2 at beginning.
    Maybe better.
    I have all my hope in this one actually.

    But the true question is Aeria Games.
    They spoke about making effort for all gamers and not PtW.
    But I'm so mush afraid they fuck up... :(
    Post edited by Delfy2 on
  • narg1narg1 BigMember UncommonPosts: 22
    edited November 2016
    NeviKesh said:
    In Black Desert, got my ranger to 50 and didn't even need a group to kill purple mobs. That could have been due to how mobile the class is. Even on some of the other classes I've played, I can't fathom why you would need a group to kill red mobs... purple maybe. Reds no. I could even kill 2 cyclops at a time if I was careful enough with positioning. To me, that game feels more anti-group than pro-group. And the end game is boring, especially on my server.  Everyone is AFK fishing and training. I often find myself logging in at night to just stare at the screen, ask myself why I'm even trying, then logging out to read more about Bless or go out into the scary world.

    Bless, to me, just feels like it has more to offer the player than BDO.

    You have me on Tera. That was a fun as heck game. The community killed it though.  
    idea behind group farming in BDO is that, if you have group of 5 ppl, you KILL FASTER, and ou GAIN XP faster, thats all (in PVE), and coz you have more "kill power" you can attack monsters with a lot higher lvl then you have alone, afk fishing is pure for money making or crafting food for pet (and/or sale pet food), but there are more way how get gold and buy everything, i dont afk anything for months now

    btw lvl 50 is nothing, for awakening you need lvl 56, and i am sure, this 6 lvl will need more then few day to level up..
    ------------------
    but you are right about Blesing or Revelation online, i am waiting for them too, we will see, how good it will be
    Post edited by narg1 on
  • narg1narg1 BigMember UncommonPosts: 22
    edited November 2016
    Delfy2 said:
    But the true question is Aeria Games.
    They spoke about making effort for all gamers and not PtW.
    But I'm so mush afraid they fuck up... :(
    I have this same feeling about Revelation online too, my.com is extremely focused to milking everything, and videos from last beta was not so much promising
    Post edited by narg1 on
  • DztBlkDztBlk CAMember UncommonPosts: 126
    NeviKesh said:
    In Black Desert, got my ranger to 50 and didn't even need a group to kill purple mobs. That could have been due to how mobile the class is. Even on some of the other classes I've played, I can't fathom why you would need a group to kill red mobs... purple maybe. Reds no. I could even kill 2 cyclops at a time if I was careful enough with positioning. To me, that game feels more anti-group than pro-group. And the end game is boring, especially on my server.  Everyone is AFK fishing and training. I often find myself logging in at night to just stare at the screen, ask myself why I'm even trying, then logging out to read more about Bless or go out into the scary world.

    Bless, to me, just feels like it has more to offer the player than BDO.

    You have me on Tera. That was a fun as heck game. The community killed it though.  
    I know what you mean.  I just re-downloaded the game.  I ran around for a few minutes and was quickly bored.  Those people who say you can team have a different interpretation of it.  I have never teamed in BDO and rarely did I ever need to.  I ran into some nasty purples a couple of times but otherwise any one can play solo on their toon.  I'll admit there is more to explore, but you just ask yourself "Why?".  It's still a very pretty game, but...
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,223
    Recore said:
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    Finally, a game with open world grouping.  =)


    ?

    Tera has open world grouping and so does Black Desert.


    You can group in every game but I am talking about a game like Lineage 2 to where that is how people play the game. There are tough mobs in the open world where you need Tank, Healer, DPS.

    TERA and Black Desert?

    I have played alot of both and those are mostly solo games with very easy pve. 
    You can go to harder places with groups. I've grouped more in Black Desert than I have in years.


    Now I am curious. My Valk is only level 30 and not once have I needed a group for anything. 

    Where in Black Desert's open world are mobs that you need a group for? 


    oops just saw this.

    It depends on the level of the area the the nature of the area. If you go to an area with many respawns and dense respawns and the mobs are red then a group helps.

    I do remember being in an area with some sort of giants (by a cave with a node manager inside) that was tricky and our group of 4 had great experience as they constantly spawned but being red hit hard.

    There's a place called Hasrah cave (I think I have that right it's by "Hasrah Cliff" though it doesn't appear on the map, where if you are 54 or so you will find it challenging.

    I like the place as it's fun for me, so at 57 I solo greens and white there (because I like the constant killing/action and the respawn is quick) and I have no problems soloing there. However, I helped two level 56's (don't know their gear) and they actually had trouble and I had to constantly run to their aid.



  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 15,055
    I don't think the contrived grouping is going to work well in their favor. One of the reasons Lineage is magnitudes more popular than Lineage 2 is because of this. You can solo, duo, group, but it's your choice. In L2 not as much at all.

    People like freedom of choice. Sometimes you want all the loot for yourself so you try and solo/duo it. Sometimes you want faster and safer. People eventually tire of having that decision made for them.

    Doesn't matter though. Aeria, along with R2, is a publisher I won't play or pay for anymore. They suck.
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,223
    Torval said:
    I don't think the contrived grouping is going to work well in their favor. One of the reasons Lineage is magnitudes more popular than Lineage 2 is because of this. You can solo, duo, group, but it's your choice. In L2 not as much at all.

    People like freedom of choice. Sometimes you want all the loot for yourself so you try and solo/duo it. Sometimes you want faster and safer. People eventually tire of having that decision made for them.

    Doesn't matter though. Aeria, along with R2, is a publisher I won't play or pay for anymore. They suck.
    There was a time when you could solo, duo, larger group,etc in Lineage 2.

    I did most of my leveling in Lineage 2 solo with some duo and some grouping.



  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 15,055
    Sovrath said:
    Torval said:
    I don't think the contrived grouping is going to work well in their favor. One of the reasons Lineage is magnitudes more popular than Lineage 2 is because of this. You can solo, duo, group, but it's your choice. In L2 not as much at all.

    People like freedom of choice. Sometimes you want all the loot for yourself so you try and solo/duo it. Sometimes you want faster and safer. People eventually tire of having that decision made for them.

    Doesn't matter though. Aeria, along with R2, is a publisher I won't play or pay for anymore. They suck.
    There was a time when you could solo, duo, larger group,etc in Lineage 2.

    I did most of my leveling in Lineage 2 solo with some duo and some grouping.
    Yeah, early on it was a lot more like Lineage in 3D with more robust class building. When I look at the NCSoft financials I wonder why the huge disparity between L1 and L2 even though the latter is global. Part of it could be the inertia Lineage has from such a large playerbase, much like WoW. on the other hand I think it's also due in part because the core of Lineage hasn't changed a ton since its launch nearly 20 years ago, while L2 has gone through some weird and bumpy core changes.

    I mostly played L1 duo because of the xp penalty and gear loss. I still played solo in between. For tougher bosses or zones then I would go with a couple more.
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,223
    Torval said:
     while L2 has gone through some weird and bumpy core changes.


    Pretty much this, I want to slap the developers.



  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 3,716
    Lets remember, its still Aeria associated with this project.
Sign In or Register to comment.