Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are you Rift players liking the xpac?

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
Just curious how you guys are liking Starfall Prophecy. And why would you play Rift over WoW and FFXIV?

I always think those three games are in a similar category because of tab targeting, end-game focus on repeating instances for gear, etc.  What makes Rift better for you than the other two?

Comments

• WockyCCWockyCC Member UncommonPosts: 26
    d_20 said:
    Just curious how you guys are liking Starfall Prophecy. And why would you play Rift over WoW and FFXIV?

I always think those three games are in a similar category because of tab targeting, end-game focus on repeating instances for gear, etc.  What makes Rift better for you than the other two?
    You wouldn't choose Rift over FF14 or WoW right now. Absolutely no comparison.

twitter @WockyCC | you-tube: WockyCC

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    WockyCC said:
    d_20 said:

Your vid was the first one I saw a few days ago when i was looking for some gameplay vids of the new content. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHiu5MYCLCM
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited November 2016
    @WockyCC  and @Forgrimm

Thanks for making the vid Wocky and thanks for posting the link Forgrimm. 

Edit: Aside from the Wocky's video, I haven't been able to find any other non-sponsored videos on youtube.
    Post edited by d_20 on

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I would include LOTRO in that group and it is my choice. 
  • jeatacjeatac Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I really am enjoying the expansion for one, am not enjoying how Trion is handling the bugs and the content release though. Trion should really put more focus on their flagship MMO since it is actually a very fun and engaging MMO and less on porting existing Asian games to the West. 
  • jeatacjeatac Member UncommonPosts: 28
    WockyCC said:
    d_20 said:

I did, I don't play Asian MMO's but I did delete WOW from my PC.
    edited December 2016
    I did pick it up a couple days ago and boosted my mage to 65. I started playing today after messing around with abilities a bit yesterday.  It's fun and I'm playing it casually. I've almost made it to 66. I found a the first zone mobs are pretty easy but I've heard it gets a lot tougher. I have no idea yet. I'm having fun messing around with different souls. The Harbinger seems to work pretty well in the first zone. But I usually like to make a Deathlord type of character, so I will play with that a bit.

Game looks good on my pc, too. I've always found it relaxing to play Rift. I usually solo, but there are lots of things to do when I feel like casual grouping. 

So far, I haven't experienced any problems with bugs except for the first time I logged in a couple of days ago (fell through the world). Today the game ran perfectly fine. 

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    edited December 2016
    I enjoyed it up to cap when I suddenly ran out of solo content.  Hitting cap in WoW's latest expack threw a heap ton of content at me where as here, I hit cap and suddenly all I had left was dailies and dungeon running and at the time the dungeon I needed was "closed for repairs" which totally took the breath out of me.  So...the game needs a ton more endgame content that is non dungeon/raid related to really bring me back in.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    WockyCC said:
    I watched your video about a week ago and found it very good and at that time about the only honest view on SFP and on the game in total.
    I even thought about posting the link in some of the Rift discussions here, as a counterpoint to the unconditional praise the expansion receives here from the official side.

Your video also made me wonder why nobody on this site mentioned the many disabled features...but then, mmorpg.com and Trion....you know.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    DMKano said:
    i am not much of a Rift player anymore, but i did get the xpac.
    Did you buy it?

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    It has the usual time sinks until they add more content. But right now its basically grinding planar IAs (when they arent shut down which they have been half the time), doing dailies for rep and a little cash, leveling up crafting, harvesting all the crap you can and selling it on the AH before the prices really crater (they already have on some things but a few still offer a lot of free plat)

What I really like is they brought back the old invasion type dailies where you protect a spot. With all the AOE builds now those are pretty fun especially during zone events where you can get 40 or 50 invasions coming in  a very short time. So with the free healing and buffs you get against planar invasion it gives you a chance to feel pretty OP. Of course there are times you get overwhelmed but its Rift and dying (as a patron) doesnt have any repercussions.

They also added the end of the story line instances where if you follow the story lines to completion you get your usual achieves and minion card and now you get to repeat the final 'boss' fight as a daily. It has a double reward so even after you get maxed rep it could be worth doing for the plat and currencies (depending on how easy they make the new to get, right now its pretty limited). But basically you get 3 dailies per zone (same as other expansion) one invasion one boss instance and a rotating open world one. If you dont do the story quest then you only have 2 options.

Sadly no button pressing daily that can be picked up in every zone and done concurrently together. That is a change from the last two expansions with Manugo and collecting orbs.

Its OK as long as you dont burn yourself out with more than a couple alts mirroring the dailies over and over again.
    elocke said:
    I enjoyed it up to cap when I suddenly ran out of solo content.  Hitting cap in WoW's latest expack threw a heap ton of content at me where as here, I hit cap and suddenly all I had left was dailies and dungeon running and at the time the dungeon I needed was "closed for repairs" which totally took the breath out of me.  So...the game needs a ton more endgame content that is non dungeon/raid related to really bring me back in.
    Yeah, I'm having fun with it for an hour or two each session. If I get bored I can go to WoW and finish leveling my druid. Or hopefully they will fix warlocks so I can have fun with my old main again. I like the warlock storyline and characters in WoW a lot. Class mechanics for locks in this iteration not so much.

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Volgore said:
    DMKano said:
    i am not much of a Rift player anymore, but i did get the xpac.
    Did you buy it?
    I'd screw around with the expansion too, if it were still F2P
    edited December 2016
    I came across my first bug last night. I'm surprised this type of glitch still exists this long after launch. I've completed a long quest line in the first zone (Scatherran Forest) outside of the starting area and I can't turn it in because the NPC won't spawn. I've tried moving to another shard, re-logging, etc. I'm not going to abandon and re-do the quest. Other people have had this problem and said it didn't work and frankly the quest was a pain.

Customer service said they are aware of the problem and working on a fix. It's a little disappointing and unpolished, as others have observed. 

I can move on to the next zones and continue leveling, but it kind of takes the wind out of my sails a bit. Otherwise, the xpac has been fun in offering more of what Rift has to offer.

• CeryshenCeryshen Member UncommonPosts: 73
    I just started playing again. I used to play WoW a lot, but Legion left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Rift's class/soul tree design is really awesome. I love being able to switch the trees around and mix up different abilities.

So far seems fun, but I haven't tried crafting yet. Hopefully they don't require you to do dungeons just to get normal recipes like WoW did with Legion.

Being able to change souls is probably the best part of Rift for me. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Legion. Some things I like, but I don't like what happened to my old main warlock. I felt kind of forced to play a druid.