Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Galactic Command Detailed - Power at Your Fingertips

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageGalactic Command Detailed - Power at Your Fingertips

Star Wars: The Old Republic News - The Star Wars: The Old Republic site has been updated with a new developer blog that lays out the details on a forthcoming feature called "Galactic Command". According to the post, Galactic Command is a new progression system for Premium players at level 70. Essentially, everything in the game universe is collected into a single interface that can then be used to que for missions, story chapters, flashpoints, operations, PvP warzones, Galactic Strfighter complete with difficulty level.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    That's actually kind of sick. Straightforward and effective.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Sounds neat.
  • giberelinagiberelina Member UncommonPosts: 59
    edited October 2016
    All the new gear for level 70 endgame is only obtainable if you are a sub. I guess I have to thank them for giving me all these reasons to uninstall without a doubt. Was good while it lasted. Well actually just a couple of years, last ones were terrible.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

All the new gear for level 70 endgame is only obtainable if you are a sub. I guess I have to thank them for giving me all these reasons to uninstall without a doubt. Was good while it lasted. Well actually just a couple of years, last ones were terrible.

Oooo no you need to support a game you play. Shocking. Lol
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2016
    hmmm,funny i don't find this that  interesting.I guess if you really like the game at it's present form,this is like some new add-on or app but nothing much more.

As to the last comment,well it is a two way street right?I mean you can't have your cake and eat it too.If you go around waving FREE flags,guess what,you had better offer free flags.You need to also realize that a dead game loses ALL customers,so they try to lure players in to keep the servers/game looking busy.

The whole premise behind developers and misleading titles is to LURE or BAIT you in to be a potential paying customer down the road.Otherwise they SHOULD be waving a flag that says,free login but if you want to really play the game you need to PAY.
    That is why i stay away from misleading crap like a free login,i don't hang around games for the login screen.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• giberelinagiberelina Member UncommonPosts: 59
    edited October 2016

Nanfoodle said:

Except I got tired of supporting it, yes I did sub like an idiot. But they didn't deliver ONE bit. And all that money went to pay these webpages that give this horrible game a 8.7 rating. :)
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited October 2016
    Ok, kinda cool. We'll see. I'm just curious what the next expansion will have in store if we are in fact doing galactic command now..... What is next? A 2nd galaxy to command? How can the bar be raised?
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Seems like a neat little feature. It will will help to add faction "pride" and it seems all types of players from soloist, to raiders, to pvp'ers will get a chance to participate and benefit.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited October 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271

Nanfoodle said:

Except I got tired of supporting it, yes I did sub like an idiot. But they didn't deliver ONE bit. And all that money went to pay these webpages that give this horrible game a 8.7 rating. :)
    What did you expect them to deliver? 
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630
    Wow this seems pretty cool, eternal DvL? I like it!
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Find mandatory selection for light or dark just silly .... life is not black and white. I generally want to respond light, but not always. Light and Dark should remain as option when responding. All in all, loved original Swtor, put it on my no 1 list along with Wow ... every next expansion was worse, less fun. With Legion for me Wow is again undisputed king of fun, second TESO and only then I guess Swtor.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Pardon me if i come forth a bit harsh. Freeloaders in SWTOR already enjoy more content and features than they deserve.

You like the game ? You sub.

Besides, in order to play KotFE and KotET you must be a subscriber. F2P players do not have access this content and rightly so.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    I think this "endgame leveling system" is a great idea for themeparks. Essentially you complete the content you want and gain "endgame XP" which translates into constantly improving gear drops. Being able to choose your way to play while still giving a carrot to push harder content (more "endgame XP") is a good concept. As long as it is not time gated! (*cough*legion*cough*)