Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Story-Driven, TSW Inspired Sim Game Announced

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited October 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Story-Driven, TSW Inspired Sim Game Announced

The Secret World News - Alice & Smith have announced a new story-driven military hacking simulation game based on The Secret World. Called NITE Team 4, the game is based on both strategy and RPG elements with an emphasis and base on NSA top secret documents in the real world. A Kickstarter project has started and is already fully funded.

Read the full story here

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I didn't appreciate getting an email from FUncom about some kickstarter from another company, at all.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I didn't appreciate getting an email from FUncom about some kickstarter from another company, at all.

Did you actually read the email?

It is a collaboration between Alice&Smith and Funcom, with unique hacking missions and gear being added to The Secret World.
  • AnashelAnashel Member UncommonPosts: 200
    If you have any questions about the project, feel free to ask! There is also a small ARG going right now if you want to test your skills! :)
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    I will not play anything with a Funcom lable and partner.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Ok I have a question, has Funcom ever put " Bar-room Brawling in Conan that I got a lifetime ban for asking on forums. just asking ?
                                            MAGA
  • OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

Elsabolts said:

I will not play anything with a Funcom lable and partner.

Geez, Mrs. Grumpy McGrumperson. You make it sound like Funcom came to your house and killed your dog. If you cleared out that sand from your who-ha you'll live longer.

Though I haven't played it in a while, I love TSW and look forward to this new collaboration.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Elsabolts said:
    Ok I have a question, has Funcom ever put " Bar-room Brawling in Conan that I got a lifetime ban for asking on forums. just asking ?
    You don't see the possibilities here? It's an ARG, you can go into any bar you see, and start a brawl if you want... the ultimate pvp experience :lol:
    Anashel said:
    If you have any questions about the project, feel free to ask! There is also a small ARG going right now if you want to test your skills! :)
    A question, since there's a hoodie giveaway on mmorpg.com anyways: when and how will we put our greedy hands on the free NT4 cosmetic? ( :wink:  just kidding, and welcome back Anashel)

An another, when will the Watchpoint launches?
    JeroKane said:

It is a collaboration between Alice&Smith and Funcom, with unique hacking missions and gear being added to The Secret World.
    Doesn't matter, its from FUncom, it's a kickstarter from someone I've never heard of. All of which I don't appreciate.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I don't appreciate people disagreeing with me. So stop
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    JeroKane said:

Doesn't matter, its from FUncom, it's a kickstarter from someone I've never heard of. All of which I don't appreciate.
    It's not like they got your email from the hacked Yahoo database. You obviously subscribed to some Funcom newsletter, you got a mail and now complain here....

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    So funcom releases something really unique

And all there is are crybabies because funcom didn't put in brawling in AoC or whatever funcom did to them. Which amounts to nearly nothing. Can't think of much negative that funcom actually did. Which NCsoft/EA games and many others are vastly worse. NCsoft especially is by far the worst MMO company in existence. 

Funcom is at least innovative and tries to enhance the MMO genre. Not like the 1000 cash shop clones that people seem always pumped up about around here (archeage and black desert online being the biggest)

this thread is the ultimate of comedy on this forum :D

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    edited October 2016
    Can't think of much negative that funcom actually did. 
    I'm sure when you close your eyes and put fingers into your ears then you miss out on Failcom escapades.
     The latest was selling an expensive lifetime subscription for the Lego MMO 2 years ago.. Apparently a lifetime is short because the game was closed some weeks ago.

And that's only the latest thing of stuff Funcom does and I only mention it here because it's not "long long ago" but happened just now.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • MujonaMujona Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Krynt0k said:
    I don't appreciate people disagreeing with me. So stop
    'K Axehllt
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Elsabolts said:
    I'm sure you didn't get a lifetime ban for just asking a question. Maybe it was how you asked it and other content in your post.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    Elsabolts said:
    I'm sure you didn't get a lifetime ban for just asking a question. Maybe it was how you asked it and other content in your post.

No believe it or not its a true story, and the reason I blast Funcom every chance I get.
                                            MAGA
  • GaeluianGaeluian Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Just from looking at the trailer, it doesn't look fun, at all. Best of luck to your game though.
    Elsabolts said:
    Sovrath said:
    Elsabolts said:

No believe it or not its a true story, and the reason I blast Funcom every chance I get.
    That is what they all say when someone gets a perma ban "but I'm innocent!" "I didit do nothin'". 

Btw, if I got a perma ban in a game years ago, I wouldn't go around still being pissed months or years later. I have a much better life than that than hold a grudge over something so frivolous. 

Dakeru said:
    Can't think of much negative that funcom actually did. 
    I'm sure when you close your eyes and put fingers into your ears then you miss out on Failcom escapades.
     The latest was selling an expensive lifetime subscription for the Lego MMO 2 years ago.. Apparently a lifetime is short because the game was closed some weeks ago.

And that's only the latest thing of stuff Funcom does and I only mention it here because it's not "long long ago" but happened just now.
    Well, the Lego MMO was pretty dead as far as population goes. I doubt they thought "well lets do lifetime subscriptions and close the game right after". Most companies (except like NCsoft, they'll close an MMO no matter how good its doing or outright sabotage it to close it down) want an MMO to live as long as possible. But I played the lego MMO, it was a lot of fun. Kinda one of my favorite casual MMOs. Was better than free realms anyway. Which free realms from SOE had life time subscription and it didn't last that long either.

But it was pretty dead in population. Free realms had more people, but free realms had a lot less people paying. So both lego MMO and free realms were kinda in the same rut.

Not to say everything Funcom did was good. In AOC they focused way too many resources on the PvPers that were never happy (like usual, PvPers are very rarely ever happy in MMOs lol). When they SHOULD have focused all on PVE. Or at very least, focused ONLY one PvP from the very beginning. But a lot of MMOs have that issue, focusing on both, making both not as great.

That and I admit, the bar brawls seems kinda like an inside joke with AOC fans...but gets a lot of hate when its mentioned. No idea why, but kinda weird and lame.

They wouldn't perma ban over a simple question, cause I actually asked about bar brawls and only got a warning. At very least, it be a temporary ban...which would still be stupid over a question. So more likely, that person saying she/he got perma banned is how she/he worded the post or how he/she talked. Maybe in a rude, troll-like manner. Which would actually be about how that person is typing and saying in this thread lol.

• AnashelAnashel Member UncommonPosts: 200

A question, since there's a hoodie giveaway on mmorpg.com anyways: when and how will we put our greedy hands on the free NT4 cosmetic? ( :wink:  just kidding, and welcome back Anashel)

An another, when will the Watchpoint launches?

Hi Po_GG!

The rewards, including the cross-universe quest, will be available when NT4 launch. As for Watchpoint stay tuned for Stage 3! (Good job, how long did you take?)

JeroKane said:

It's not like they got your email from the hacked Yahoo database. You obviously subscribed to some Funcom newsletter, you got a mail and now complain here....

It IS ironic you bring up hacked databases when the last email I got from FUncom was about their own data breach.

Now I get a newsletter about some game that's a kickstarer for an unfinished game about hacks, that's not really from FUncom but sorta kinda is.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If a developer slights you or in some way rips you off,you SHOULD feel animosity towards them,some of you people seem to think people should change their stance and welcome them with open arms?I got ripped off real money by both SOE and Frogster,you can bet your bottom dollar i feel anger towards them.

As for the game,this site doesn't care about the game,it is only an advert,a money grab from TSW/Funcom.
    Take a look at your Liberators and revelation adverts,this is what this site does,it delivers ADVERTISING,kiss ass reviews ratings to lure more advertising.

if you want true meaningful reviews or discussion it will only happen with true blue gamer's who do NOT have an invested interest on what they say.If i say something ,i mean it,i am not being paid or trying to coerce anyone to pay me money.

I should mention that for me personally ,i had no problem with Funcom nor TSW.I thought both games were rather weak to bad but on a personal basis,i have no problem with either.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited October 2016

JeroKane said:

It IS ironic you bring up hacked databases when the last email I got from FUncom was about their own data breach.

Now I get a newsletter about some game that's a kickstarer for an unfinished game about hacks, that's not really from FUncom but sorta kinda is.

It was the vBulletin software that got hacked and all sites using vBulletin were at risk / were hacked during that time until vBulletin patched the exploit.
    A lot of forums running vBulletin were hacked.

Funcom's own account system wasn't hacked.
    JeroKane said:

Alice&Smith were involved together with Funcom on the ARG campaigns before and around The Secret World, like the End of Days ARG.
    JeroKane said:
    JeroKane said:

Alice&Smith were involved together with Funcom on the ARG campaigns before and around The Secret World, like the End of Days ARG.
    Cool.

I still didn't appreciate the email from FUncom about a kickstarter from a company I never heard of.

I would have prefered an email about how they're going to improve The Secret World (without donations).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Anashel said:
    The rewards, including the cross-universe quest, will be available when NT4 launch. As for Watchpoint stay tuned for Stage 3! (Good job, how long did you take?)
    Actually... I cheated at one point :wink:  I'm fairly good at algorithms and decrypting, but never could put my finger on other parts - shame or not I still used to look for help at a couple investigations in TSW as well (playing back music for example).

Torval said:
    This is the sort of Funcom game I won't buy into. I got screwed with their Lego games and I don't trust them at all for any game that has hosted servers other than their major IPs.
    Minifigs were fun (even if not my cup of bricks), too bad it never really "took off" I think. (Have Lego-addict buddies who just stared at me clueless when I told them there's an online game for it... Yep, marketing is not a strong side of Funcom)
    Also, my guess is the close wasn't entirely their decision, just look at AO, they don't close off games if there's enough money for covering the maintenance... :wink:

Anyways, this is not a Funcom game. Not even by publishing, like BLC was. It's a standalone game / ARG, with the only connection to Funcom that the setting is using TSW's world and lore, so Funcom is also spreading the word, because hey, it's free marketing for TSW.
    Plus, there will be cosmetics in TSW. Just as mmorpg.com gives hoodies, yet nobody says "the sort of Funcom site I won't visit anymore" :wink: