Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DON'T TRUST NCSOFT

DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
After playing Aion from the first closed beta up to last year I thought I had seen everything. I decided to give it a shot one more time but  when I login on either of my account I get an error "Something went wrong on our side. Try again in a few minutes" 

Like any normal person I waited 30 minutes, tried again, same problem, waited an hour.... same problem.

I contacted support and after waiting two days for them to respond to the ticket they wouldn't even talk to me without the ip address the account was created from, and the original serial code. Come on guys that was 2009. I've moved several times since. 

So all that work, all those characters leveled and NCOIN bought (roughly $4k worth) gone.

GG NCSoft
-One Unhappy Shugo

Comments

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    you didn't explain the problem. you didn't go into detail. I don't understand you.

Did you get hacked or did you get banned?
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    How does this speak to 'Trust?'  I could see an argument for 'Customer Service,' but even then, you're not giving much info.  Just because you're a long time player doesn't mean they have you at the top of their system for 'Kiss his Ass list.'

I self identify as a monkey.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Maybe I am wrong but it seems like they wouldnt even talk to him because his previous IP address he accessed the game from is different from the one he has now or because he couldnt tell them? Which is strange because most people have dynamic IPs that change pretty often rather than static.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    you didn't explain the problem. you didn't go into detail. I don't understand you.

Did you get hacked or did you get banned?
    first hacked

then banned, probably for gold site spam.

It happened to me once on another NCSoft title, lucky thing I saved my Product key in my email.

what the OP is experiencing is NCSoft dealing with an account that has been compromised they need proof that the OP is the original owner of the account.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Customer service is not what it use to be.  Hope you get it sorted out.  Sometimes it's a matter of calling until you find someone willing to work with you.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I won't speak on this particular issue, but I will say that each game at NCSoft does have different levels of CS. I had an issue with Wildstar which took them a week to even get back to the ticket I submitted and 3 weeks to resolve from that. Blade and Soul on the other hand handled an issue I had regarding a refund in the same day. One could say that they just look at issues differently and respond to them as such, but that only makes them look bad imo.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I never had any problems with NCsoft.  Sorry I know sometimes companies have major issues.  The reason my battlenet account is under a 3rd email addy because the first 2 somehow blizzard claims are broken or something.  Then I couldn't create an account for ff11.  So yea i've been through a few really stupid things from major companies before as well.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    REd-Wind said:
    NCSOFT said they got new servers I got the info 2 months late they deleted my l2 account and my aion account, aion account wasn't a big deal because I had like 1 lvl 50 or so ranger. I'm about to quit this game I got back into it and realized they desighned free to play off the bat because I remember the floating buf giving thing inside of dungeons that didn't do anything back then until it went to free to play and players purchase prestige pack.

So you didn't miss much, right now I'm just pissed because they include the stupid running scrolls its like you have to keep clicking every 5 minutes you know ull click it late sometimes, its just a hook to get you to buy stuf from the shop so you can have auto pet do it for you or buy 1 hour running scrolls tbh you don't even need running scrolls in this game you have mounts, I played Paragon for a while and I had so much with the pvp , in Aion it seems like you have to get to like 70+ with good gear to be able to compete in pvp, so far Ive had only 2 pvp kills back in 2010 I had like 100 kills and my character wasn't even maxed out
        Even though I like the style of the game and the impactfulness Ncsoft makes in their game with the sounds and the feel of charcaters and look, it just isn't much fun it catches up to you and like the 3rd month for me its like I'm telling myself to stop playing asap, entire game is setup for you to suffer and go to cash shop,  wayyy too extreme for me , I miss those days where you paid 15 a month and didn't have to worrie about anything else and just played the game,  I think ill take a break and wait for bless online, Bless online isn't ging to make it cash shop heavy for non Asia markets suposodly that's what I heard, and ffxiv so I can play the new storyline with storm blood and break from that again too.
    Dont think necro has been added as a class in Aion yet.
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i will buy Lineage eternal NCsoft makes good mmo`s.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2017
    DarkHigh said:
    After playing Aion from the first closed beta up to last year I thought I had seen everything. I decided to give it a shot one more time but  when I login on either of my account I get an error "Something went wrong on our side. Try again in a few minutes" 

Like any normal person I waited 30 minutes, tried again, same problem, waited an hour.... same problem.

I contacted support and after waiting two days for them to respond to the ticket they wouldn't even talk to me without the ip address the account was created from, and the original serial code. Come on guys that was 2009. I've moved several times since. 

So all that work, all those characters leveled and NCOIN bought (roughly $4k worth) gone.

GG NCSoft
    -One Unhappy Shugo
    I would respond and tell them you don't have that information, You should have the option to provide "Real Life Identification" on your account if the account was hacked, or secret questions as well, in addition NC Soft games should use 2FA, but I am not sure they are that secure.

Be like "How do I know what IP address my account was created from that was in 2009 when I created my account, IP addresses change you know.

And I don't have my serial code anymore because X reason here.

If you need Identification is there any other forms I can provide to you because I lost my serial code / don't have it because of X reason ex. digital purchase and didn't write it down.

Generally just be honest to them, and give them the info you know you shouldn't have a problem, and unlike some game companies NCsoft is way bigger should find someone that can help you.

Also I wouldn't trust using NCSoft games or playing them anyways...

NCSoft screwed me over with Lineage 2 when my account got hacked due to their Free 2 Play exploit, they never returned my items / gear that was taken.

NCsoft ruined Aion by putitng plastic surgery tickets, housing that constantly has to be renewed and over-all can't enjoy it + Game Guard I don't play Game Guard Games anymore.

The only games I will consider playing from them excluding future games would be "Guild Wars 2" or "Blade & Soul" if they remove game guard like they have been talking about.
  • FruitsnackFruitsnack Member CommonPosts: 1
    DarkHigh said:

GG NCSoft
    -One Unhappy Shugo

It sounds more like a launcher problem IMO. Might want to try updating.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    My Chanter is level 65 Arche Daeva  and I have only used the cash shop once to buy a White Robe Outfit that I just thought looked really cool. 
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    DarkHigh said:

GG NCSoft
    -One Unhappy Shugo
    Different IP: ok. But can't they see the IP addresses you have been playing on during that timespan?

And about the serial code: never lose it. 

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    REd-Wind said:
    It all sound like they were just trying to get you to pay cash ship and play catch up and restart , I will take the advice of some of the people on here and stay away from some games.
    Why can't you supply the last 4 digits of the credit cards you used on your account?

Though, if they actually deleted your accounts then that's another thing.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Customer service is not what it use to be.  Hope you get it sorted out.  Sometimes it's a matter of calling until you find someone willing to work with you.  
    I've found that you have to be very clear about why you are contacting them.

Email Address
    Server / Faction / Character
    What type of issue is it?  (keep it short)
    Describe the issue
    Provide a screenshot if possible

And don't post issues to the forum. If you cannot log to use the Help Services, they have an email address listed on their website.

I've never had an issue with their help desk or getting a problem resolved, however I have had emails go back and forth to ask for additional information - so I can prove I am the account owner.

It's vital these emails are responded to or they will close the ticket. This is normal.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    I have my details of games I played and accounts I created from 1999. Why can't people keep a notebook by their computer and write everything down.