DON'T TRUST NCSOFT

DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 120
After playing Aion from the first closed beta up to last year I thought I had seen everything. I decided to give it a shot one more time but  when I login on either of my account I get an error "Something went wrong on our side. Try again in a few minutes" 

Like any normal person I waited 30 minutes, tried again, same problem, waited an hour.... same problem.

I contacted support and after waiting two days for them to respond to the ticket they wouldn't even talk to me without the ip address the account was created from, and the original serial code. Come on guys that was 2009. I've moved several times since. 

So all that work, all those characters leveled and NCOIN bought (roughly $4k worth) gone.

GG NCSoft
-One Unhappy Shugo

Comments

  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished USA #1, ILMember UncommonPosts: 178
    you didn't explain the problem. you didn't go into detail. I don't understand you.

    Did you get hacked or did you get banned?
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn belleville, ILMember RarePosts: 3,068
    How does this speak to 'Trust?'  I could see an argument for 'Customer Service,' but even then, you're not giving much info.  Just because you're a long time player doesn't mean they have you at the top of their system for 'Kiss his Ass list.'

    Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Sugar Grove, VAMember RarePosts: 2,232
    Maybe I am wrong but it seems like they wouldnt even talk to him because his previous IP address he accessed the game from is different from the one he has now or because he couldnt tell them? Which is strange because most people have dynamic IPs that change pretty often rather than static.

    image

  • sayuusayuu glendale, AZMember RarePosts: 575
    you didn't explain the problem. you didn't go into detail. I don't understand you.

    Did you get hacked or did you get banned?
    first hacked

    then banned, probably for gold site spam.


    It happened to me once on another NCSoft title, lucky thing I saved my Product key in my email.


    what the OP is experiencing is NCSoft dealing with an account that has been compromised they need proof that the OP is the original owner of the account.



  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 6,260
    Customer service is not what it use to be.  Hope you get it sorted out.  Sometimes it's a matter of calling until you find someone willing to work with you.  

    "Change is the only constant."


  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 3,716
    I won't speak on this particular issue, but I will say that each game at NCSoft does have different levels of CS. I had an issue with Wildstar which took them a week to even get back to the ticket I submitted and 3 weeks to resolve from that. Blade and Soul on the other hand handled an issue I had regarding a refund in the same day. One could say that they just look at issues differently and respond to them as such, but that only makes them look bad imo.
  • filmoretfilmoret Palm Bay, FLMember EpicPosts: 4,906
    I never had any problems with NCsoft.  Sorry I know sometimes companies have major issues.  The reason my battlenet account is under a 3rd email addy because the first 2 somehow blizzard claims are broken or something.  Then I couldn't create an account for ff11.  So yea i've been through a few really stupid things from major companies before as well.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • REd-WindREd-Wind Member UncommonPosts: 49
    NCSOFT said they got new servers I got the info 2 months late they deleted my l2 account and my aion account, aion account wasn't a big deal because I had like 1 lvl 50 or so ranger. I'm about to quit this game I got back into it and realized they desighned free to play off the bat because I remember the floating buf giving thing inside of dungeons that didn't do anything back then until it went to free to play and players purchase prestige pack.


    So you didn't miss much, right now I'm just pissed because they include the stupid running scrolls its like you have to keep clicking every 5 minutes you know ull click it late sometimes, its just a hook to get you to buy stuf from the shop so you can have auto pet do it for you or buy 1 hour running scrolls tbh you don't even need running scrolls in this game you have mounts, I played Paragon for a while and I had so much with the pvp , in Aion it seems like you have to get to like 70+ with good gear to be able to compete in pvp, so far Ive had only 2 pvp kills back in 2010 I had like 100 kills and my character wasn't even maxed out
    .
        Even though I like the style of the game and the impactfulness Ncsoft makes in their game with the sounds and the feel of charcaters and look, it just isn't much fun it catches up to you and like the 3rd month for me its like I'm telling myself to stop playing asap, entire game is setup for you to suffer and go to cash shop,  wayyy too extreme for me , I miss those days where you paid 15 a month and didn't have to worrie about anything else and just played the game,  I think ill take a break and wait for bless online, Bless online isn't ging to make it cash shop heavy for non Asia markets suposodly that's what I heard, and ffxiv so I can play the new storyline with storm blood and break from that again too.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 3,716
    REd-Wind said:
    NCSOFT said they got new servers I got the info 2 months late they deleted my l2 account and my aion account, aion account wasn't a big deal because I had like 1 lvl 50 or so ranger. I'm about to quit this game I got back into it and realized they desighned free to play off the bat because I remember the floating buf giving thing inside of dungeons that didn't do anything back then until it went to free to play and players purchase prestige pack.


    So you didn't miss much, right now I'm just pissed because they include the stupid running scrolls its like you have to keep clicking every 5 minutes you know ull click it late sometimes, its just a hook to get you to buy stuf from the shop so you can have auto pet do it for you or buy 1 hour running scrolls tbh you don't even need running scrolls in this game you have mounts, I played Paragon for a while and I had so much with the pvp , in Aion it seems like you have to get to like 70+ with good gear to be able to compete in pvp, so far Ive had only 2 pvp kills back in 2010 I had like 100 kills and my character wasn't even maxed out
    .
        Even though I like the style of the game and the impactfulness Ncsoft makes in their game with the sounds and the feel of charcaters and look, it just isn't much fun it catches up to you and like the 3rd month for me its like I'm telling myself to stop playing asap, entire game is setup for you to suffer and go to cash shop,  wayyy too extreme for me , I miss those days where you paid 15 a month and didn't have to worrie about anything else and just played the game,  I think ill take a break and wait for bless online, Bless online isn't ging to make it cash shop heavy for non Asia markets suposodly that's what I heard, and ffxiv so I can play the new storyline with storm blood and break from that again too.
    Dont think necro has been added as a class in Aion yet.
  • RaquisRaquis hartenbosMember UncommonPosts: 815
    i will buy Lineage eternal NCsoft makes good mmo`s.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,423
    edited April 3
    DarkHigh said:
    After playing Aion from the first closed beta up to last year I thought I had seen everything. I decided to give it a shot one more time but  when I login on either of my account I get an error "Something went wrong on our side. Try again in a few minutes" 

    Like any normal person I waited 30 minutes, tried again, same problem, waited an hour.... same problem.

    I contacted support and after waiting two days for them to respond to the ticket they wouldn't even talk to me without the ip address the account was created from, and the original serial code. Come on guys that was 2009. I've moved several times since. 

    So all that work, all those characters leveled and NCOIN bought (roughly $4k worth) gone.

    GG NCSoft
    -One Unhappy Shugo
    I would respond and tell them you don't have that information, You should have the option to provide "Real Life Identification" on your account if the account was hacked, or secret questions as well, in addition NC Soft games should use 2FA, but I am not sure they are that secure.

    Be like "How do I know what IP address my account was created from that was in 2009 when I created my account, IP addresses change you know.

    And I don't have my serial code anymore because X reason here.

    If you need Identification is there any other forms I can provide to you because I lost my serial code / don't have it because of X reason ex. digital purchase and didn't write it down.

    Generally just be honest to them, and give them the info you know you shouldn't have a problem, and unlike some game companies NCsoft is way bigger should find someone that can help you.

    Also I wouldn't trust using NCSoft games or playing them anyways...

    NCSoft screwed me over with Lineage 2 when my account got hacked due to their Free 2 Play exploit, they never returned my items / gear that was taken.

    NCsoft ruined Aion by putitng plastic surgery tickets, housing that constantly has to be renewed and over-all can't enjoy it + Game Guard I don't play Game Guard Games anymore.

    The only games I will consider playing from them excluding future games would be "Guild Wars 2" or "Blade & Soul" if they remove game guard like they have been talking about.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
  • FruitsnackFruitsnack Member CommonPosts: 1
    DarkHigh said:
    After playing Aion from the first closed beta up to last year I thought I had seen everything. I decided to give it a shot one more time but  when I login on either of my account I get an error "Something went wrong on our side. Try again in a few minutes" 

    Like any normal person I waited 30 minutes, tried again, same problem, waited an hour.... same problem.

    I contacted support and after waiting two days for them to respond to the ticket they wouldn't even talk to me without the ip address the account was created from, and the original serial code. Come on guys that was 2009. I've moved several times since. 

    So all that work, all those characters leveled and NCOIN bought (roughly $4k worth) gone.

    GG NCSoft
    -One Unhappy Shugo

    It sounds more like a launcher problem IMO. Might want to try updating.
  • REd-WindREd-Wind Member UncommonPosts: 49
    It's not a launcher problem they sent out a warning if NC soft players don't re-register by a certain time their accounts will be erased, that's what happened to many of us because we didn't have the same email anymore.
  • REd-WindREd-Wind Member UncommonPosts: 49
    It all sound like they were just trying to get you to pay cash ship and play catch up and restart , I will take the advice of some of the people on here and stay away from some games.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 7,861
    My Chanter is level 65 Arche Daeva  and I have only used the cash shop once to buy a White Robe Outfit that I just thought looked really cool. 
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,610
    DarkHigh said:
    After playing Aion from the first closed beta up to last year I thought I had seen everything. I decided to give it a shot one more time but  when I login on either of my account I get an error "Something went wrong on our side. Try again in a few minutes" 

    Like any normal person I waited 30 minutes, tried again, same problem, waited an hour.... same problem.

    I contacted support and after waiting two days for them to respond to the ticket they wouldn't even talk to me without the ip address the account was created from, and the original serial code. Come on guys that was 2009. I've moved several times since. 

    So all that work, all those characters leveled and NCOIN bought (roughly $4k worth) gone.

    GG NCSoft
    -One Unhappy Shugo
    Different IP: ok. But can't they see the IP addresses you have been playing on during that timespan?

    And about the serial code: never lose it. 

    "going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,223
    REd-Wind said:
    It all sound like they were just trying to get you to pay cash ship and play catch up and restart , I will take the advice of some of the people on here and stay away from some games.
    Why can't you supply the last 4 digits of the credit cards you used on your account?

    Though, if they actually deleted your accounts then that's another thing.



  • REd-WindREd-Wind Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Sovrath said:
    REd-Wind said:
    It all sound like they were just trying to get you to pay cash ship and play catch up and restart , I will take the advice of some of the people on here and stay away from some games.
    Why can't you supply the last 4 digits of the credit cards you used on your account?

    Though, if they actually deleted your accounts then that's another thing.

     That's smart man, your right , I just want to say that I have been a member of MMORPG.com and I know you Sovrath Ive been on here even longer then you but I forgot my old password for that account and changed email,  so this is the story--------------   I just deleted my only character that was lvl 67, I bought a exp star and was getting like 200+% exp , I went to a spot finally found a decent spot was getting 4 mill exp per mob, after 28 min it said I killed about 30 mobs and only gained 2.8% exp for grinding for 30 minutes using a star you can buy on cash shop, on top of that you can get another 200% + exp if you buy berdins ticket which is basically another cash shop item $2.50 per ticket which lasts one hour.

    I have officially boycotted NCSOFT and all pay to win games, we shouldn't have to think about these things while playing mmos, from the time I started playing this game again Ive felt like crap. I had more fun playing Paragon which I'm going to start playing again on my ps4, I had more fun with ffxiv and the boss fights which are much nicer then Aions boss fights,  I will never play another pay to win game again, the only game I might play is Bless online only if they make it different here in the states no pay to win, and I don't understand the community anymore why would anyone play a game where the Dark Knight class is female only? Its almost a conspiracy theory yes I'm talking about Black Desert.

    To me pay to win is not worth it because part of mmos that make them fun is going into another world and connecting them in such a way where you constantly think of your wallet is not o.k.
  • REd-WindREd-Wind Member UncommonPosts: 49
    berdins is actualy $5
  • REd-WindREd-Wind Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Recore said:
    My Chanter is level 65 Arche Daeva  and I have only used the cash shop once to buy a White Robe Outfit that I just thought looked really cool. 
    once you hit lvl 65 to level its like 500% tougher once your arrch daeva , then it feels like every other level it increases but like another 500% or more each time.

Sign In or Register to comment.