Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    edited September 2016
    We'll be looking into all this today.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    MikeB said:
    We'll be looking into all this today.
    Looks like everything is slowly being fixed, so that is great news. 

Thanks so much @MikeB
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Seems to be normalized far i've been browsing indeed.
  • anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200
    MikeB said:
    Whats with the game sub-forums? i.e. http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussions/tagged/league-of-angels-ii

The only click-able thing there that works is "report bug/issue" which leads to here. I encountered that with other games a few months back but at that time the new forums where kind of really new so I waved it off.

Is the "no forums for less popular games" a thing now or just still in works?

You don't see a New Discussion button in blue?

Thanks for fixing that. IIRC first time ever that I made a first post in a forum (and no, it was not "first" ;) ).
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Not quite sure why, but today Avast antivirus seems to hate your site. Had 8 or so blocked infections on the homepage, then 3 more when I clicked on forums link. 

Probably just Avast being a bit awkward, but screenshot of one of the warnings:

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Not quite sure why, but today Avast antivirus seems to hate your site. Had 8 or so blocked infections on the homepage, then 3 more when I clicked on forums link. 

Probably just Avast being a bit awkward, but screenshot of one of the warnings:

Having the same problem, this morning Avast is going nuts blocking and flagging everything on the main web page, only difference is i am using Firefox.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited December 2016
    Recent discussions are not showing up for me on the front page. "current forum activity".

And for some reason the "edit" button is also invisible though, if I mouse over the area, I can access it.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    Recent discussions are not showing up for me on the front page. "current forum activity".

And for some reason the "edit" button is also invisible though, if I mouse over the area, I can access it.
    I've seen this as well. I've alerted @Meddle to it.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    MikeB said:
    Sovrath said:

Yeah I thought it was my browser but I'm getting it with Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Thanks for looking into it.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    MikeB said:
    Sovrath said:

Yeah I thought it was my browser but I'm getting it with Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Are you still experiencing this?
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    edited December 2016
    MikeB said:
    Sovrath said:
    MikeB said:
    Sovrath said:

Right now I'm on my iPad and the current forum discussions are missing from the front page.

Edit to add: just tested and edit button is invisible (but works if you find it)

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

MikeB said:
    Sovrath said:
    MikeB said:
    Sovrath said:

Right now I'm on my iPad and the current forum discussions are missing from the front page.

Edit to add: just tested and edit button is invisible (but works if you find it)
    The mobile mmorpg.com or forums.mmorpg.com?
    I'll check next time I'm on it.  Now I'm on my desktop and same issue:

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Also the edit button is invisible

MikeB said:
    MikeB said:
    Sovrath said:
    MikeB said:
    Sovrath said:

The mobile mmorpg.com or forums.mmorpg.com?
    Forums.mmorpg.com. On now with my tablet.  Front page has blank disussions and this one has hidden edit button.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    edited December 2016
    I'll check next time I'm on it.  Now I'm on my desktop and same issue:

Forum mmorpg no current forum activity for me since late last night and all day today.

Since that big white arcehage add or screen whatever it is. 
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    getting really bad popups / autoroutes to dodgty websites on this site over last few days, the only site i notice is popcash and then it autoroutes to really dodgy sites

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• progamer2017progamer2017 Member CommonPosts: 7
    H0urg1ass said:
    I don't know if it's intentional or not, but I'm not seeing any Staff entries such as reviews, columns or other posts in the "recent discussion" section of the forums.  

This section is pretty much where I spend most of my time on this site and I'd hate to have to hunt down posts of that nature.
    pretty cool 
  • manyamanbeki22manyamanbeki22 Member CommonPosts: 1
  • dswag22dswag22 Member CommonPosts: 19
    Anyone know of any GTA V bugs??
    bartoni33
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2017
    Android mobile UI for the forums is all sorts of crippled right now. Very difficult to get to recent forums (Home does not show an option for it) and functionality is reduced from what we had previously or what is presented in full view on my IPad.

Also, when you log into the site using mmorpg.com you get a nice colorful graphic page which presents no navigation options.  You just get to scroll endlessly down from one story to the next.

TLDR version: this suxs

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited May 2017
    With the recent 11-12 May changes my avatar/profile image is broken or missing. I only recall seeing one other member with a missing avatar.  In both instances the image is replaced with a broken image link icon. The other member account is http://forums.mmorpg.com/profile/baphamet.

In my account preferences it shows both images I've uploaded to be broken. I will wait a week or 2 before replacing my avatar file.

Edit:  my avatar is present on the main page but it isn't available in the forums.
    Post edited by Grunty on
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • giffy689giffy689 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    How do i delete a posted comment of mine?
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    I've been having this issue for a few weeks actually but it looks like here is just a good as place as any to post about it:

I can't keep signed in to this site anymore, even with the remember me box ticked. When I click on the "Username" box this pops up in it: "This connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised." After I do log in it will keep me logged in until I close my browser. Then I have to re log in again with the same warning. I am using Firefox.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    giffy689 said:
    How do i delete a posted comment of mine?
    In the upper right hand corner of your post is a symbol that looks like a gear. Click it to edit.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.