Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone excited for Lost Ark Online?

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Oh hell no,it looks like another Diablo clone and carrying the stereotypical Asian over sized armor and weapons and ridiculously fast animations.Terrible small laneway maps just like the POE and Diablo maps.

Worst of all combat is not action ,it is SPAM spam and more spam and not just spam overpowered spam.Even when combat it is not spam it is downright silly with some tank class being able to lasso and corral  a whole group of enemy and basically easy mode control and kill them.If you want or need easy mode combat,these games are for you,to me it looks silly and not challenging and not fun.

What else is expected from Korean games?Buildings will be nothing more than 2d back drops,they will not have any insides or working doors.

Basically everything that i don't like about my online gaming.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Lazzaro said:

Yea but it's a while away like DMkano said.

Lineage eternal is another one if your interested in lost ark and aiming for a global release I believe.

Is Lineage Eternal going to be more instanced than Lost Ark?
    Hopefully not :(
    If not, i will pass ... guess it depends on whether they are going to cater to you, or to me.

Open world in a diablo-ish kind of game ... i don't think i will like it very much. But i guess since i have an open mind, i will try it (particularly if it is f2p).
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Wizardry said:
    Oh hell no,it looks like another Diablo clone and carrying the stereotypical Asian over sized armor and weapons and ridiculously fast animations.Terrible small laneway maps just like the POE and Diablo maps.

Worst of all combat is not action ,it is SPAM spam and more spam and not just spam overpowered spam.Even when combat it is not spam it is downright silly with some tank class being able to lasso and corral  a whole group of enemy and basically easy mode control and kill them.If you want or need easy mode combat,these games are for you,to me it looks silly and not challenging and not fun.

What else is expected from Korean games?Buildings will be nothing more than 2d back drops,they will not have any insides or working doors.

Basically everything that i don't like about my online gaming.
    Any game with an isometric view is going to be called a Diablo clone. When will that die? You know, seeing as how Diablo wasn't even the first game to really do that style in the first place. Some people like the Korean style of oversized armor/weapons. Which game do you play again? Not sure on how "laneway" the maps are since the game has barely been shown. It could potentially have those maps but nobody knows.

Which game isn't spamming of skills? I'm sure you've never played a skill-based game in your life from the sounds of it.
    ManWithNoTan
  • lillo87lillo87 Member CommonPosts: 9
    sorry but im not... i put lost ark on my play list at 4 place ... watch if u want

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Lost Ark and Lineage Eternal are both on my radar but nothing more.  Korean games never fail to disappoint me and I'll wait until they are a month or so from release to actually look deeply into them
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Yes. :D
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    I'm looking forward to them both. 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The game looks pretty dope, I'm not one of these folks who has played every isometric game ever on earth so I'm not burnt out on the look, nor am I'm simple/dense enough to call it a clone of anything because of the camera angle.

What I am tired of, is Korean MMORPGs with predictable Western release patterns and the inept publishers  who release/translate the games.

A betting man knows the odds of this becoming a ruined, poorly/unfininished translated, P2Whatever, never ending power creep, gamble upgrade/box mess.

I was over it with Archeage. Never again regardless of eye candy and features.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    The game looks pretty dope, I'm not one of these folks who has played every isometric game ever on earth so I'm not burnt out on the look, nor am I'm simple/dense enough to call it a clone of anything because of the camera angle.

What I am tired of, is Korean MMORPGs with predictable Western release patterns and the inept publishers  who release/translate the games.

A betting man knows the odds of this becoming a ruined, poorly/unfininished translated, P2Whatever, never ending power creep, gamble upgrade/box mess.

I was over it with Archeage. Never again regardless of eye candy and features.
    yep.  It's all about the systems and monetization, both of which korean games mess up.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I can not wait for it. Just one of many High Quality Eastern mmos coming. 

Western mmos =  :p

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    ARPGs are one of my preferred relaxation genres (alongside Dynasty Warriors style games). Unfortunately, the quality bar for ARPGs has been very low (lower than almost any other genre, in my opinion). It is my hope that Lost Ark and Lineage Eternal will raise the bar, but my natural cynnicism keeps me from holding my breath on that one.
  • LeoTolstoyLeoTolstoy Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Yes.Yes and yes!!! Soooo hyped for this for so long. It's right up my alley. I haved played every isometric ARPG out, with 4000+ hours in Path of Exile. I am ready for an upgrade.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Oh boy another click to move iso view action role playing game, must...contain....the excitement.....

I thought devs could throw one of these together in no time.  Wonder why it's taking so long?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    huh, I'm more excited for Bless and Lineage Eternal.
    MrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Bets game I have played this year is Grim Dawn so if we get a good online ARPG I'll be all for it.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• bruevitzbruevitz Member UncommonPosts: 57
    When is it coming out?
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I was bit disappointed of the latest gameplay videos, while the graphics and aesthetics was eye-candy combat looked somewhat slow and didn't notice anything special about it.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Looks cool; what's the catch?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• RyuushimaRyuushima Member UncommonPosts: 63
    lillo87 said:
    sorry but im not... i put lost ark on my play list at 4 place ... watch if u want

I watched it but yeah....not everyone speaks turkish you know :P 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Can't wait for 2019 when this comes out xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Dibdabs said:
    Yet another rehash of Diablo.  Yawn.
    Personally from what I've seen including the music playing it appears they have an interest in making elements of mmorpg life in their game. I also noticed they actually use nets to improve fishing for example something no other MMORPG has done even with advanced fishing. I've not even seen this done in MMOSURV games!
  • viodragonviodragon Member CommonPosts: 1
    I so want this game to come out.  Love to see a mmo diablo that would work well.  hoping all goes well and this game becomes available soon enough.  Robocraft had 3 years of open beta before being released, maybe use the close beta to hash out possible issues and get this game up and running when you can.  
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708
    Is this game coming to NA? Looks interesting
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Is this game coming to NA? Looks interesting
    im excited for this game.  we still dont know when or if the game is coming or have any international version beta dates or plans.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.