Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Amazon Game Studios Reveal an MMO on September 29th? - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageWill Amazon Game Studios Reveal an MMO on September 29th? - MMORPG.com News

Amazon Game Studios is inviting all interested parties to attend an "unboxing" event where the long awaited news of what exactly this star studded team has been working on. Rumors have swirled about an MMO in development and much more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• molepeopomolepeopo Member UncommonPosts: 40
    prolly a moba or mobile game
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    molepeopo said:
    prolly a moba or mobile game
    I can certainly say it's not so called triple A MMORPG, cause too much risks for a first try.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    edited September 2016
    Amazon is a pretty amazing company.. at least in my eyes. Whatever they release it will not be the same old game, but that doesn't mean good either.

.. and unfortunately this is screaming social media up and down.

edit: Oh, and if can't be played on an Amazon Fire device; I doubt they would have any interest.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Will Amazon Prime members get in-game benefits? ;)
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Forgrimm said:
    Will Amazon Prime members get in-game benefits? ;)
    Expedited cash shop deliveries.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm interested, especially if I can get the game delivered by drone. :-D

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Honestly wouldn't count out an MMO seeing as Bezos goes all in with everything he's been doing recently.

WoW is the most successful game of all time in the eyes of any business man so I wouldn't be suprised if he tries to top it.

Especially in the current age of cash shops there are a lot of things you can sell in MMOs and we all know he likes to sell stuff.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    just looking at the picture, its sure to be another voxel based game.

yawn
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited September 2016
    Where in San Diego?
    Also I would not be surprised if its an MMO if it's San Diego. For US based mmo development, San Diego is one of the best cities to do it in. Faster ISPs and hundreds of veteran mmo developers. It can also be something on baseball as a few MLB games are developed here. There is also Western Style games. Red Dead Redemption and another western game were developed here. Finally it could be a military game. San Diego has the largest military presence in the world.
    Double Helix in recent years has been an outsource company. You send artwork or a game play feature you need done and Double Helix will do it for you. I think the concept they came up with was that at a Game Studio, you just have designers, producers, and PR. Then you outsource the coding, audio, and art.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    pay 2 win, or pay 2 enjoy?
  • ghettocelebghettoceleb Member UncommonPosts: 104
    A sci-fi ish mmo maybe?  With lots of micro transactions?
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    From Amazon i have a vibe it's not PC stuff, yet mobile.

They shall go where the money is, as they're certainly not making a game cause "PC MasterRace".
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it was a game called Pay to Everything where you walked around a giant mall buying things with your credit card.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Hah!

One VR Mall wouldn't be bad idea for Amazon :proud:
  • ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Kim Swift (Portal), and Clint Hocking (Far Cry 2) of Amazon Game Studios
    What is this Scorpio game behind them? Hmmm

The game is called "The Unmaking". It's a first person tower defense game. It hasn't been released yet. Amazon should also be releasing some new tablets soon. My guess is the announcement will be about this game and that it will be exclusive to their tablets.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    I wouldn't get too excited, whatever it is, it will most likely run on their Fire tablet range.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Xodic said:
    Amazon?

OK, we literally have cash shops making MMOs now...
    most likely with cash shops!

And if the in-game cash shop sells Amazon gift certificates, you can use them in the cash shop to feed the in-game cash shop!

It all makes my head spin...

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Myrdynn said:

just looking at the picture, its sure to be another voxel based game.

yawn

Voxels are the future, far better than polygons.. Just wait until voxels get smaller as tech increases.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Get back to us in 29 days.  Don't need the hype.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"