Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"People are angry about what's at the center of No Man's Sky's galaxy"[SPOILER]

VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
Taken from this article at pcgamesn.com:

" The screen fades and you're plonked right back on the edge of the galaxy to do it all again. "

Erm....no further comment.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/no-mans-sky/whats-at-the-center-of-no-mans-sky

Comments

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

best review on NMS
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Goromhir said:

best review on NMS
    Nothing angry joe does is the best of anything.  He's more for entertainment, usually wrong on a lot of game points, and very wrapped up in his angry persona.

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Goromhir said:

best review on NMS
    Nothing angry joe does is the best of anything.  He's more for entertainment, usually wrong on a lot of game points, and very wrapped up in his angry persona.
    Angry Jo(k)e. 

The last person I want to listen to is the exact kind of person I've spent pretty much my entire gaming life trying to avoid playing with
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    so many true in one video , usual i hate youtubers but ,....
  • patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    By usually wrong I suppose you mean "i've nitpicked a few things and now it's all wrong".
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    You could just loop the first part before he says you done fked up for hours and simulate most of the game.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    I've always gone into games with the idea that the scope is about half of what the developers and pr claim. As such I'm not exactly outraged. Gib cookie.

It would tick me off if they start selling dlc's with the new classes of ships. I would expect that, sure, but it would also make me pretty miffed. 
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Im guessing at the center of no man's sky is a free monthly sub to WoW. In essence, no man's sky is WoW-ception.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Called it. Game has almost no content. Not worth picking up.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    The Dark Tower ending. Huh, I think I might have actually suggested this in jest in an earlier thread. (or someone did anyways)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Volgore said:
    Taken from this article at pcgamesn.com:

" The screen fades and you're plonked right back on the edge of the galaxy to do it all again. "

Erm....no further comment.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/no-mans-sky/whats-at-the-center-of-no-mans-sky

Was anyone surprised about this? This was a shit show of a game from start to finish.  Overpromise and under-deliver, that's what their motto was.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    frostymug said:
    Goromhir said:

best review on NMS
    Angry Jo(k)e. 

The last person I want to listen to is the exact kind of person I've spent pretty much my entire gaming life trying to avoid playing with
    Is there a reason for attacking him like this ?

Watch his review. Everything he states is coherent documented and well established.

Where exactly is he wrong about NMS ?
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Shodanas said:

Watch his review. Everything he states is coherent documented and well established.

Not sure tbh, because he actually plays the games and uses footage of him playing the game showing the problems to back up his points. Even if he dislikes a game, he will find positives to speak about, as he does with No Mans Sky, more than you can say for people on here or other Youtubers. Yeah he does entertain, but it doesn't detract from the solid points he makes both positive and negative. Can anyone say he's lying?

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I thought AngryJoe documented and showed clearly every aspect and why he gave it the score he did. Not having played the game I got a very in depth idea of what the game was about and what it lacked and why it felt unfinished and a lie. 

I dislike people who just make blanket statements about a reviewer without watching or actually making an informed decision about a particular review. He was very clear and well documented.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I do not even think that this is the most overpromised game.

The people hyping some of the indie games that are currently in development will be in for a surprise in a few years.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I did like Joe's review. Was pretty emotional (sadness) at times which you could tell on his face and probably for many others that this game was a dream to many people. Set your expectations low people, so you can't be disappointed.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Now they can just focus on selling ships for rediculously high prices.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Dakeru said:

The people hyping some of the indie games that are currently in development will be in for a surprise in a few years.
    I know, those people watching the interviews with Sean Murray, they have only themselves to blame for believing the things he was coming out with, right ?
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited August 2016
    On the Center of the Galaxy yeah, so much hype about that and it seems the game generates a new(?) galaxy and you start over. 

Herase said:
    Not sure tbh, because he actually plays the games and uses footage of him playing the game showing the problems to back up his points. Even if he dislikes a game, he will find positives to speak about, as he does with No Mans Sky, more than you can say for people on here or other Youtubers. Yeah he does entertain, but it doesn't detract from the solid points he makes both positive and negative. Can anyone say he's lying?
    Angry Joe seems to have a weak spot on space games, he is also a backer of SC, so when i watched his review I can notice he was legitimately frustrated with the game. It's when you really want to like the game, but end up not being able to...
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Phry said:
    Dakeru said:

I know, those people watching the interviews with Sean Murray, they have only themselves to blame for believing the things he was coming out with, right ?
    Actually I made clear in the other thread that all the blatant lies aren't acceptable at all.

My point here is simply:
    There are even worse studios with even more blatant lies - they just didn't release yet.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    edited August 2016
    Shodanas said:
    frostymug said:
    Goromhir said:

best review on NMS
    Angry Jo(k)e. 

Angry Joe probably gave an MMO they hate a good score or an MMO they love a bad one.  /shrug

He is indeed better than most reviewers because he actually shows with video proof why he thinks something is good or bad about a game.  Someone might not agree with his final game rating on a particular game but at least AJ backs up what he says with actual video footage instead of just saying he likes or hates something.  Plus if you ever see him interview a Dev he will actually ask the hard questions that you won't see asked by a staff member from MMORPG.com doing an interview.  Not only that, he has also slammed game publishers/devs who have tried to buy positive reviews and let us know exactly who those game publishers/devs are.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    At the center of the galaxy is a link to where you can buy stuff from an item mall that makes the game really pay to win.  Since you have to win before you can pay.  </sarcasm>
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Goromhir said:

best review on NMS
    could  you please point to specific examples of where he has been wrong?

thanks

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    I thought it was a good review, you could tell initially he really wanted to like it, but the many missing features was what largely did him in

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    When you get to the center of the galaxy you'll see a screenshot of the developer team laughing all the way to the bank.