Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I guess this Fresh new Youtube explains the P2W

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited August 2016 in Black Desert Online

Here it is:

This guy really hammers them !

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Black Desert is not pay to win. :p
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    It s the epitome of P2W but of course Recore says it isn t.
  • BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Recore said:
    Will be soon if they continue with the new patch.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited August 2016
    It's not a direct P2W method.  It's indirect.  Even so, it's not going to be a widespread epidemic either, due to the high costs of cash shop items.  I've seen this same hysteria happen in many F2P games, and it's very inconsequential, since the majority of players will not be buying P2W items.

edit: okay, i watched the video, and it's true to it's title.  It's just a rant and provides no details on how it's P2W.  He just declares that it is.  Yeah, okay.
    Post edited by observer on
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Business models change.  If a game does something that crosses the line for me, I'm gone.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Arcane4176Arcane4176 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Why i only play sub games , which only leaves me 2 true ones. But it's better than this shit.
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Good thing that i couldn't buy this game due to IP block for my country  B)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Even the EU/NA version has always been heavily pay for advantage (I don't use P2W because that has become almost meaningless through wrong use) with ghillie suits, looting pets, useful + stats on cosmetic gear, etc... it's just more so now.

I think most gamers have some level of tolerance for P2A but their tolerance has limits. This latest change will trigger some who had no intention of quitting to do so and some who were ready to go anyway will use this as their excuse... some will stay.

Me? I got bored with it a couple of months back and left quietly for no particular reason other than that.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    If this isn't p2w, I guess archeage isn't either....right?
  • SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Ok, so  for whatever reasons folks were leaving cause lack of siege stuff, what not.....you state you were bailing on them way before now it is just a more hardcore community, which leads to them having to make some tough choices....the way this guy comes off is well we bailed, so they arent generating enough revenue to make good on these features, so on, but I no longer play but OMG f them for wanting to stay open.  ROFL....he had left by then ..... cry foul?!  'You fuckin wot mate?!" 
  • GunMetalGasmGunMetalGasm Member UncommonPosts: 15

Here it is:

This guy really hammers them !

ThelazyPeon. One of rare youtubers that I actually watch. The game just got boring for me. Quit a few months ago. Was just a grindf est in the end.
  • GunMetalGasmGunMetalGasm Member UncommonPosts: 15
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited August 2016
    Recore said:
    It can be. There is a grey line here. Sure there is not items that make you god like only on the cash shop. But you can use this new system to earn tons of in game money to buy yourself a spot in guild events to get geared. I have seen in many MMOs guild sell raid gear this way. So I can see where some are coming from but its not the standard P2W cash shop. Would not turn me away. 
    Post edited by Nanfoodle on
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I have come to the realization that a great many hardcore gamers have severe psychological problems. They seem to be oblivious to P2W systems. I'm not trying to put them down either, because I do consider myself in that boat too. Maybe were dealing with a new digital disease that affects people in much the same way other diseases do. Denial is one of the most hardest things to understand. Denial is also a defense mechanism. Rationalization becomes a sport for people like us.

Just a thought I was having....

Peace

Is it true in other regions this game is F2P?
  • p89989p89989 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Nanfoodle said:
    yeah, only NA and EU are buy 2 play
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    p89989 said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Yup for this whole cash shop addiction the game just better go F2P as their business model is already adapted to sustain the game. If the F2P works on the other version and for EU/US they need the same cash shop with over what's already the B2P seems... O.o
    p89989 said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Funny when I said that fact, a member of this community made fun of me and told me to get my facts straight. Thought I remembered wrong, guess not. lol
    Nanfoodle said:
    p89989 said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Funny when I said that fact, a member of this community made fun of me and told me to get my facts straight. Thought I remembered wrong, guess not. lol
    O.o was quite public, it was done differently on EU/NA as the community highly asked them to avoid the same cash shop model so the B2P it was. However it still happened! :silenced:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    p89989 said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    O.o was quite public, it was done differently on EU/NA as the community highly asked them to avoid the same cash shop model so the B2P it was. However it still happened! :silenced:
    To top it off you get to buy the box. Warm fuzzy feeling, ty!!!!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I have come to the realization that a great many hardcore gamers have severe psychological problems. They seem to be oblivious to P2W systems. I'm not trying to put them down either, because I do consider myself in that boat too. Maybe were dealing with a new digital disease that affects people in much the same way other diseases do. Denial is one of the most hardest things to understand. Denial is also a defense mechanism. Rationalization becomes a sport for people like us.

Just a thought I was having....

Peace
    A bigger issue is from people failing to understand simple words like "win" and the constant attempt to twist clearly understood long accepted concepts and definitions thinking their opinion some how validates this.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    My god who would have thought Guild Wars 2 is also P2W, fancy that.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I really hope by the time Age of Wushu 2 makes its way to the west, they have learned just how unpopular this form of monetization is with us.

Maurgrim said:
    My god who would have thought Guild Wars 2 is also P2W, fancy that.
    Well it's not because while the same elements are present. The grind bar makes it easily enough to reach what you want by playing the game. On a different note is the less amount of grind required.

I'd say on GW2 once you are on the end-game you can grind/farm around 10$ of cash store value in 2 days.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Great video, It sounds like it was a big scam from the start. But i just have to say it. Its an Asian mmo. They always go p2w done the road. No one should be surprised by this. So for six months they got as much money as they could out of people and now its back to normal Asian mmo practice with p2w.