Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you are like me?

Have either recently given up on a game you have played for a long time or have been let down by one of the more recent POS games that have been released, AC2 SWG, and are now just wating and hoping that one of the near future games wont be one big pile of horse dung to throw in with the rest of your 4 year old games.

-----------------------------
HomestarRunner.net

"Its dot com!"

Comments

• HedenHeden Member Posts: 131

I am in the same boat....I must admit that I am putting alot onto Horizons.

I played Lin 2 beta, and it is the same old thing.  What the online gaming world need is a new "ultima online" and by that I mean that when UO came out, it was revolutionary (sp???).  I am hoping that HZ is that.

Heden

Heden

• SuperbeaztSuperbeazt Member Posts: 5
    I too am waiting on a new GOOD game i played many MMORPGs that sucked SWG was the biggest piece of shit i have ever player now that Horizons is coming out i have high hopes for it

2 year player of EQimage

• Yea definetly putting a lot of faith into horizons.  Hopefully it will pan out.

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    Anyone keeping an eye on Dragon Empires?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
    Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

Customer: "How fast will my COM ports go?"
    Tech Support: "How hard can you throw your computer?"

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332
    Yea I am watching it fairly close.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252
    Yes, me too.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    no....not really

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~
    http://go.everwars.com/play2.x?p=83734
    to get me gold :)

• VindvalyaVindvalya Member Posts: 115

I am in the same boat. I am also too poor to afford a new computer to play the new games coming out. 

What makes Horizons different? Sounds like the same old PvE approach which is exactly what I don't want. 

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    well i just saved my money....if u save a little everyday, you should be good

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Ya, I did the same thing... I had left EQ after 3-4 years (wow was that tough!!!) and went back to UO for the simple reason that I didnt have enough time for a time consuming game like EQ (mega-time consuming when your guild is fighting for high ranking spots and flags) But UO is just a filler they changed it more than I like. I'm waiting for EQ2 or perhaps WoW, guildwars and FFXI but since you guys mentioned Horizens I'm gonna go check that out now :)

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• odinwiseodinwise Member Posts: 79
    I started with EQ...played that for about a year then moved on to the other mmorpgs as they came out.  I stuck with DAoC most recently...still playing it...about a year now.  I tried out SWG, and although I liked it I wont play it because it costs to much to play.  Besides I like Fantasy more than sci-fi.  Horizons really has my interest at the moment.  Before it was Dragon Empires, but Horizons sounds way cooler than DE to me.  Hopefully it will be the next UO.  It's about time the MMORPG genre experienced something completely new.  The EQ-started formula is getting old.

Pune!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have given up on a game i loved for many years.Reason is the business side,the developer and suits changed it big time,turned it into what i despise from gaming and that is ANYTHING or any game design that looks like Blizzard made it or comes from KR.

As of this very minute,there is not one single developer or mmorpg game that i want to play and support,they are all selling us crap or abusing us as fans.

What i have seen of recent from Blizzard/Hearthstone tops the cake but sadly it is a popular brand business that supports esport and $$$ so no matter how corrupt how flagrant the greed,it will still thrive.

When i see a mmorpg developer doing things right,proper,with effort and passion,i will be the first to jump in and congratulate them but for now i see greedy scum trying to sell us half ass effort or simply asking for free handouts.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2016
    I'm waiting on Twin Saga to kill time till legion since I still have PTSD from garrisons. Adding a micro-management sim that makes money effortlessly is the best and worst idea Blizzard has came up with since the Diablo II expansion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Left Lineage 2 about a year ago after 10 years of playing. Have not found anything even close to that experience and do not see anything coming out in the future that can give me what I got out of that game. 

Lineage 3 where are you?  :(

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• peanutgalaxypeanutgalaxy Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I spent $35,000 on star citizen and hope it will be fun to play
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Recore said:
    Left Lineage 2 about a year ago after 10 years of playing. Have not found anything even close to that experience and do not see anything coming out in the future that can give me what I got out of that game. 

Lineage 3 where are you?  :(
    Bless just may scratch that itch. Not as involved as Lineage but the PvP is still awesome. Castle Sieges are amazing! Some even underwater. The PvE dungeons and group play is awesome as well. 

I sure hope so.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• HeriotzeHeriotze Member UncommonPosts: 1
    edited August 2016
    Never was I so disappointed than when I  gave up on The Secret World and I feel like       I've just seemingly lost Interest since then:
    Great storylines
    Great character building
    Everything that I thought that I had been looking for in an MMO. It's an age thing and Recreating those early years of WoW that followed by sub-par simulacrums burned me out.

Despite really wanting to like it enough to keep invested and to stay active in the game Investing time into another thing that wasn't a dead cert was too much of a gamble. If a dev Creates a new game with that type of early nostalgia built into it then I'd be ok with the mess Kinder words have never been said by me than while commenting on TSW
  • 45074507 Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Wow, before @blueturtle13 posted, I thought this was a modern post (was a little confused by what games they were mentioning, though). It doesn't give me a lot of faith in the genre if we're still having the same problems 13 years later.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    edited August 2016
    This must be the worst necro-posting I ever see, Wizardry. Just let sleeping dogs lie.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited August 2016
    I spent $35,000 on star citizen and hope it will be fun to play
    Every time I see this I'm shocked.  Best of luck to you.

That's a new car.  A vacation any place you want to go in the world.  Nice startup capital for your own business.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Please do not necro old posts.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.