Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nvidia's monstrous new Titan X graphics card stomps onto the scene, powered by Pascal

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    My first thought was they're writing drivers in Pascal now?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    I got 11 teraflops for single-precision too. I never pee on the floor or toilet set.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Here's the benchmarks.

http://videocardz.com/62766/first-gaming-benchmarks-of-nvidia-titan-x-are-here

Notice you can get 2 AMD R9's and beat the poop out of the titan x.  And save 1000$.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BlotieBlotie Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Grunty said:
    Sadly, same here.  That is the only reason I clicked on the thread.  Guess we are old... 
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Blotie said:
    Grunty said:
    Sadly, same here.  That is the only reason I clicked on the thread.  Guess we are old... 
    Nah, if you were old we'd be talkin FORTRAN

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    filmoret said:
    Here's the benchmarks.

Notice you can get 2 AMD R9's and beat the poop out of the titan x.  And save 1000$.
    You know as much about the reality of GPUs and Crossfire as you do about Star Citizen it seems ;)
    DKLond said:
    filmoret said:
    Here's the benchmarks.

You know as much about the reality of GPUs and Crossfire as you do about Star Citizen it seems ;)
    Crossfire is gone bro.  Where you been?
    If you need a link I can give you one.  Unlike the Star Citizen fans who cannot give links to their ideas.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

filmoret said:
    DKLond said:
    filmoret said:
    Here's the benchmarks.

Crossfire is gone bro.  Where you been?
    You're making my point for me ;)
    Ok I guess I will link it because you don't believe me.  Yes crossfire is being used on the 480's.  But anything newer it is gone and not coming back.  Why you think nvidia is shitting themselves trying to stop what AMD is about to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_CrossFireX

"PCI Express 3.0 lanes provide to up to 17.5 times higher bandwidth (15.754 GB/s for a ×16 slot) when compared to current external bridges (900 MB/s), rendering the use of a CrossFire bridge unnecessary. "
    I do want to say this.  The 480 isnt even a top end card.  Its an entry level card.  Which is why AMD is sitting back smiling and nvidia is running around acting crazy right now.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

filmoret said:
    Ok I guess I will link it because you don't believe me.  Yes crossfire is being used on the 480's.  But anything newer it is gone and not coming back.  Why you think nvidia is shitting themselves trying to stop what AMD is about to do.

"PCI Express 3.0 lanes provide to up to 17.5 times higher bandwidth (15.754 GB/s for a ×16 slot) when compared to current external bridges (900 MB/s), rendering the use of a CrossFire bridge unnecessary. "
    Also that is not what that is saying. It is not saying Crossfire is no longer a thing it is saying the need to use a Crossfire BRIDGE is not necessary with PCI 3.0
    They returned to a bridge-less era for multi-GPU functionality with their R9 290X
    The BRIDGE is not being used anymore as it is not required. Crossfire is and will be used.

What you think crossfire is?  Its the bridge.  Oh yes its probably the name of software they use for the connection and might remain the name of the updated software name.  But the actual crossfire bridge is now obsolete.  Not to mention that windows 10 is suppose to do the connecting now and the crossfire software shouldn't be necessary.  Not sure how close that is to fruition but its coming.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    filmoret said:

Crossfire as in multi-GPU technology from AMD isn't at all the same thing as the Crossfire bridge.

Yes, AMD did away with the bridge a long time ago. 

No, AMD has not killed multi-GPU technology. In fact, they seem to be pushing it even harder than they have in the past since they don't have a top-tier card to compete with right now, and it's got potential to make a big leap forward with tech like DX12 Explicit Multi-Adapter.

nVidia is silently killing 3x and 4x multi-GPU, because it was used by hardly anyone - both consumers and developers. And they are killing SLI in their lower end cards - not because of any tech-related reason, but just because they want the people who are SLIing to buy more expensive cards.

But there's been no indication that either vendor is interested in killing off multi-GPU entirely.
    edited August 2016

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited August 2016
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:

Also that is not what that is saying. It is not saying Crossfire is no longer a thing it is saying the need to use a Crossfire BRIDGE is not necessary with PCI 3.0
    They returned to a bridge-less era for multi-GPU functionality with their R9 290X
    The BRIDGE is not being used anymore as it is not required. Crossfire is and will be used.

What you think crossfire is?  Its the bridge.  Oh yes its probably the name of software they use for the connection and might remain the name of the updated software name.  But the actual crossfire bridge is now obsolete.  Not to mention that windows 10 is suppose to do the connecting now and the crossfire software shouldn't be necessary.  Not sure how close that is to fruition but its coming.
    AMD is still calling it Crossfire. That is just the marketing name for their Multi GPU usage.
    We have all known about the piece of hardware not being required since the 290X yet it is still called Crossfire.
    This is all that Wiki link was talking about. It is still Crossfire it just does not need that stupid piece anymore. 

It was named crossfire because of the bridge.  Now the bridge is gone but they kept the name because of popularity.  So when people are talking about crossfire its the new version and completely different then the old stuff.  BTW that old stuff is only 6 months old.  Since AMD only has 2 cards out right now that isn't using the crossfire bridge.  This entire discussion was started because someone claimed knowledge of crossfire.  

Fact is the new crossfire without using the bridge is 100% faster unlike the oldschool which was lucky to see a 50% increase.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• vvvemmavvvvvvemmavvv Member UncommonPosts: 51
    so 480 or 1060 for the 3rd world gamers like me

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• dalewjdalewj Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Hrimnir said:
    Blotie said:
    Grunty said:
    Nah, if you were old we'd be talkin FORTRAN

Nah JML is old

HomePage/Gaming Blog - http://dalewj.com . MMORPGer - Current game: http://AfterWorld.ru .
    Author of Diaries of Afterworld- http://www.jconsult.com/afterworld and the Outside Sci-Fi series- http://www.jconsult.com/outside

edited August 2016
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:

AMD is still calling it Crossfire. That is just the marketing name for their Multi GPU usage.
    We have all known about the piece of hardware not being required since the 290X yet it is still called Crossfire.
    This is all that Wiki link was talking about. It is still Crossfire it just does not need that stupid piece anymore. 

It was named crossfire because of the bridge.  Now the bridge is gone but they kept the name because of popularity.  So when people are talking about crossfire its the new version and completely different then the old stuff.  BTW that old stuff is only 6 months old.  Since AMD only has 2 cards out right now that isn't using the crossfire bridge.  This entire discussion was started because someone claimed knowledge of crossfire.  

Fact is the new crossfire without using the bridge is 100% faster unlike the oldschool which was lucky to see a 50% increase.
    Yes, you were very much wrong about Crossfire being gone - and you're delusional if you think 2xR9 is remotely close to Titan X Pascal in reality. They might get close under ideal conditions where XF actually works, and in 4K resolution - but that's not the reality gamers are facing.

The discussion started because you claimed you could outperform Titan X Pascal with XF and save 1000$. I wonder what card would actually get you that kind of performance at 1000$ less than a Titan X Pascal.

What cards did you have in mind?

If you're really informed, which I think we all know you're not - then you're simply a liar.

Take your pick.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2016
    Torval said:
    It's a hybrid and low end entry into compute so a good review should cover that.
    Erm no, it is not. Video cards for quite a few years do not provide sufficient performance and efficiency for computation.

For that, there are dedicated, specialized devices that do it much better, quite a reason why Nvidia over the years ditched computation support.

Now when I think about it, could it be that you mistake GeForce(Titan) with Tesla...?
    Post edited by Gdemami on