Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multiplayer games you spent or will be spending $ in 2016?

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
edited July 2016 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
The only multiplayer game that I know is coming for sure in 2016 with the biggest chance of spending $ is WOW: Legion, but since the CAD $ is very weak vs the USD $ I'm trying really hard to re-examine my other gaming options through August before I commit myself to it at least until early 2017. I'm looking at $125+ USD to enjoy WOW until January 2017 which is almost $160 CAD for a single game and without doubt very expensive compared to all of my other options.

The next multiplayer game with biggest chance to spend $ on will be Star Citizen and this is mainly from the budget I know is invested in developing the product, which will be over 125+ mil before release. Money is not a barrier for me in accessing any product and I can easily afford it but it sure is a decisive factor and the sub based games are the most expensive especially if I can find F2P/B2P products that can keep me entertained long term.

Beside the thread title, have you also found any other B2P/F2P products that does a good job in keeping you entertained this year?

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Oh look. Another Kopogero money thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    League of Legends and WoW are the only two I know for sure I'll be spending money on. 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Currently subbed for 1 month of WoW, and will get another month after Legion launches. That's all i can think of at the moment.

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Battlefield 1
    Gears of War 4

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• SavageoneSavageone Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Mine is $0.00 , there isn't anything currently or to be released that interests me. The last MMO I played, the community burnt me out on in game chat and the rampant exploiting in PPV.

I have Mafia 3 out in Oct. and the latest Tomb Raider game to keep me busy. Besides I have a play through or two left in Fallout 4 and all the DLC from Dragon Age: Inquisition to work through.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    There's No Man's Sky, I'll wait for reviews after launch on that one.  I'll stick with the ones I'm playing, may give Demon Hunter a go but if I do will only be for a month or two.  Mostly looking towards a few RPGs and waiting for others to go on sale.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Not a single game. I'm not interested in anything out there at the moment, and we have much more important things to spend money on like the medical bills for my major upcoming surgery. Games can wait. 
  • SavageoneSavageone Member UncommonPosts: 80
    edited July 2016
    Moirae said:
    Not a single game. I'm not interested in anything out there at the moment, and we have much more important things to spend money on like the medical bills for my major upcoming surgery. Games can wait.

Hope all goes well and to a speedy recovery.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Bless (If it's out in 2016).
    Lineage Eternal (If it's out in 2016)
    Lost Ark (If it's out in 2016
    Battlefield 1
    Titanfall 2
    Call of Duty
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Well I'd say EVE but I paid annually so no more spending on that.

I am considering purchasing Wasteland 2 the Director's cut, for those times when I'm station camped.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    I forgot to add that I did spend $1 to register my nick on Counter Strike 1.6 server, so players don't reset my exp when using my name. When I saw afterwards the conversion through paypal $1.36 CAD o.O made me even more uncertain I'll be buying WOW: Legion.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Kyleran said:
    Well I'd say EVE but I paid annually so no more spending on that.

I am considering purchasing Wasteland 2 the Director's cut, for those times when I'm station camped.
    I love that game. The Director's Cut is a welcome amount of changes. It feels like an old school Fallout game.
    Great fun.
    Is the only way to play the Director's cut on Steam?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited August 2016

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Savageone said:
    Moirae said:

Hope all goes well and to a speedy recovery.
    Thank you. It is appreciated.