Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Development Updates

Comments

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    jcrg99 said:

SC has accomplished the largest, by a fucking landslide, crowd funding campaign ever seen.
    In fact, that is not true. You can't compare the SC funding campaign which persisted after the usual 1 month of campaign that others made, with those who just shown their numbers related to that period.
    I mean, you can do whatever you want, but its just inaccurate, incorrect, unfair.

Without walls of text, personal attacks, arguments about something else or any other deviation....

Name the crowd funded game that tops the $117,000,000 plus raised by SC. 

Just a name. 
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    jcrg99 said:

SC has accomplished the largest, by a fucking landslide, crowd funding campaign ever seen.
    In fact, that is not true. You can't compare the SC funding campaign which persisted after the usual 1 month of campaign that others made, with those who just shown their numbers related to that period.
    I mean, you can do whatever you want, but its just inaccurate, incorrect, unfair.

It's questionable that the attitude of the marketing team of CIG is healthy for the project too. Or genious. Others do not sell their in-game assets and do not push too hard to encourage personal investiment too high, because they seem more interested to keep the level of hype better managed and are willing to deliver value to their customer and fulfill to the levels of hype created. Take David Braben as an example. Since he refused to sell in-game items for expensive prices, when he actually could. And that attitude came from a man who survived for decades as a indie developer with good reputation. I wonder why.

CIG approach of selling expensive JPGE's and expensive in-game items, or mechanics that they have no idea of the feasibility of ever releasing that, is not commonly followed.

What I am trying to say is that. If all the devs were so irresponsible with the future of their projects/venture/reputation like CR, many would bring to their project so much money as SC have been gathering... Or at least, would bring a lot more money that they got... but in the end of the day, they would suffer and would ruin their project/company and reputation for good, just as has been the case of Star Citizen and it's becoming worst as the time passes, since they have no way, in any form or shape, in any acceptable time frame, to accomplish with all or even the majority of the promises and fulfill the level of hype that they created, challenges that they made against the game industry, etc., and, in fact, as more ridiculous that sound, CR even cashing more than 100m is putting at risk even, the possibility to be able to release the basic mechanics of this game (working and well received by the majority of the backers).

All that basically a reflex of an irresponsible marketing strategy. Focused on easy money, without caring with reputation, trust, or anything. So, these "credits" that you give them are exaggerated credits or not worthy.

It's like to give credits to any scammer which made more money than others more interested to make legit business. Do not deserve credits. Deserve to be used as an example of what you shouldn't make if you want to keep a healthy company/business, with good reputation and growing with more and more satisfied customers, in the long term. Something that obviously, scammers or incompetent CEOs are never interested, and that's why their companies usually die sooner rather than later.

Actually they can. The fact they make those crowd funding numbers public and nobody else does isn't irrelevant. Plenty of companies continue crowd funding outside kickstarter. Guinness recognizes them as the largest crowd funding campaign in history...... So you're opinion, while welcome, is irrelevant. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    edited July 2016
    CrazKanuk said:

Actually they can. The fact they make those crowd funding numbers public and nobody else does isn't irrelevant. Plenty of companies continue crowd funding outside kickstarter. Guinness recognizes them as the largest crowd funding campaign in history...... So you're opinion, while welcome, is irrelevant. 
    Seriously man. Its a simple math here.

One month < Many years. Please. You don't need Guinness or someone else saying whatever to you understand that its totally unfair and wrong.

They can proclaim that they achieved more money doing crowdfunding, but you can't compare their crowdfunding with any other. Their proclamation is irrelevant actually. My opinion continues to be valid.
    jcrg99 said:
    CrazKanuk said:

They can proclaim that they achieved more money doing crowdfunding, but you can't compare their crowdfunding with any other. 
    Faulty logic 101!
    edited July 2016
    jcrg99 said:

Without walls of text, personal attacks, arguments about something else or any other deviation....

Just a name. 
    Name the crowd funded game that kept doing crowdfunding and revealing to the public how much they are earning (in case they continued).

Just a name. Maybe you can find some, but if you want to play "SC is the champion" card, you have to play a fair game, and you can't compare a crowdfunding campaign going on for years with the majority of the others crowdfunding campaigns of just 1 month. If did not pass, stayed side-by-side (and with ED not needing to sell ships).

And if you match Star Citizen following the standard 1 month and considering what they claimed to gather through their self-controlled website, they won't be so ahead of other crowdfunded campaigns that appeared. In fact, I think that there are one or two that were superior to the SC campaign. Besides, to what have a third party truly verifying the data shared, because have such interest, and I mean, Kickstarter, even ED Kickstarter was superior of the SC Kickstarter in the standard period that crowdfunding campaigns happen.

It boggles my mind that you people can't see the difference.
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:

Just a name. 
    Name the crowd funded game that kept doing crowdfunding and revealing to the public how much they are earning (in case they continued).

Just a name. Maybe you can find some, but if you want to play "SC is the champion" card, you have to play a fair game, and you can't compare a crowdfunding campaign going on for years with the majority of the others crowdfunding campaigns of just 1 month.

SC has accomplished the largest, by a fucking landslide, crowd funding campaign ever seen. 

Disprove that statement by providing the name of the game that has a larger crowdfunded campaign. 

You can't hence the avoidance to do so (which I predicted).
    edited July 2016
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:

Just a name. 

Just a name. Maybe you can find some, but if you want to play "SC is the champion" card, you have to play a fair game, and you can't compare a crowdfunding campaign going on for years with the majority of the others crowdfunding campaigns of just 1 month.

SC has accomplished the largest, by a fucking landslide, crowd funding campaign ever seen. 

Disprove that statement by providing the name of the game that has a larger crowdfunded campaign. 

I already disproved the statement.

You are comparing the sale results of many years with the sale results of 1 month. Don't you see how idiotic is that?

Let's play another analogy. Oh look. Poor guy, he earns 10 thousand dollars of salary (but I am considerign the monthly salary). But I earn 50 thousands (but I am considering the annual salary). 
    I am richer by a fucking landslide!
    LOL
    edited July 2016
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:

Just a name. 

You are comparing the sale results of many years with the sale results of 1 month. Don't you see how idiotic is that?

Let's play another analogy. Oh look. Poor guy, he earns 10 thousand dollars of salary (but I am considerign the month salary). But I earn 50 thousands (but I am considering the year salary).  I am richer!
    LOL

Edit - OK NO idea where my comment went.

The discussion is about CROWDFUNDING not just Kickstarter.

As usual though you are miles away from the actual discussion. 
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:

Just a name. 

Let's play another analogy. Oh look. Poor guy, he earns 10 thousand dollars of salary (but I am considerign the monthly salary). But I earn 50 thousands (but I am considering the annual salary). 
    LOL
    You are confusing the kickstarter campaign with crowdfunding in general, SC crowdfunding didnt end after the one month KS campaign.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

edited July 2016
    Elite Dangerous, accomplished without resorting to Ship Sales, or deceiving people with a fake gameplay to pretend that was more advanced that it was, and even coming after the Star Citizen campaign, more funds through Kickstarter (A legit and verifiable source that can be relied more than a blog of a company used for marketing purposed) than Star Citizen, or at least, considering conversion, almost the same.

And once again, without selling ships for the same backers, again, and again, during that period.

Credits were credits are due and well deserved. Healthy marketing, not abusing of the passion of individuals and putting at risk the future of the game through huge in-game advantages.

Also... credits were credits are due and well deserved to all those companies that using Kickstarter (once again, a legit source, not interested to promote fake numbers) gathered more funds during the 1 month of standard count than Star Citizen.

Any count to evaluate crowdfunding successes that did not include the period of the campaign and/or of the counter is verifiable by a legit source, will be wrong, misleading, idiotic, unfair and can be taken so seriously as if I compare my annual sales figures with the monthly sales figures of the competition.
    edited July 2016
    Daikuru said:

You are confusing the kickstarter campaign with crowdfunding in general, SC crowdfunding didnt end after the one month KS campaign.
    No. I am not confusing. Kickstarter campaign follows the standard of a crowdfunding campaign. They always take 1 month. Nobody or most of the crowdfunders does not keep counting what they earn after this 1 month campaign. CIG just publicizes their numbers for the sake of motivate the public to give them more. To raise the trust that they are a healthy business. It's worthless and idiotic to compare the sales figures of 1 month with the sales figure of many years, don't you think?

Regardless Kickstarter, or Indiegoo or whatever. Its just idiotic and misleading.

Star Citizen IS NOT the crowdfunding campaign which gathered more funds and backers during 1 month of the campaign, which is the only period that you can match Star Citizen campaign with other campaigns.
    jcrg99 said:

Any count to evaluate crowdfunding successes that did not include the period of the campaign and/or of the counter is verifiable by a legit source, will be wrong, misleading, idiotic, unfair and can be taken so seriously as if I compare my annual sales figures with the monthly sales figures of the competition.
    And your statement is ENTIRELY discounted by the Guiness book of records: -

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/2015/preview/files/assets/basic-html/page17.html

And by Wikepedia: -
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_funded_crowdfunding_projects

Unfortunately the following site agrees with you but 2 out of 3 is not bad: -
    Https://WWW.oblivioustoreality.com/Iamanutjob.html
  • ShinimasShinimas Member UncommonPosts: 67
    jcrg99 said:

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/2015/preview/files/assets/basic-html/page17.html

I didn't know the Guiness book states that it was due to release in 2015. It's actually pretty funny.
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    jcrg99 said:
    Elite Dangerous, accomplished without resorting to Ship Sales, or deceiving people with a fake gameplay to pretend that was more advanced that it was, and even coming after the Star Citizen campaign, more funds through Kickstarter (A legit and verifiable source that can be relied more than a blog of a company used for marketing purposed) than Star Citizen, or at least, considering conversion, almost the same.

And once again, without selling ships for the same backers, again, and again, during that period.

Credits were credits are due and well deserved. Healthy marketing, not abusing of the passion of individuals and putting at risk the future of the game through huge in-game advantages.

Also... credits were credits are due and well deserved to all those companies that using Kickstarter (once again, a legit source, not interested to promote fake numbers) gathered more funds during the 1 month of standard count than Star Citizen.

You take pure speculation to an all new level.

Dont cherry pick, SC IS the most crowd funded game. Did anyone say the biggest crowd funded game ever on Kickstarter? No, it doesnt matter if funding went past KS, KS doesnt matter, the fact that all of their funds came from crowd funding is what matters....and is relevant. So in the context of statement, yes they are the most crowd funded game in history.

You have little basis to call the ships being sold "jpegs" when more are constantly being added in to the PTU/Garage as actual models. So what basis do you have to call them jpegs aka implying they will never become playable ships... despite them adding them as models all the time?

You have to sit down and step back a bit, the vast vats vast majority of what you say is blatant speculation, aka not fact, aka your opinion. Yet you state it like RSI is a thieving pirate stealing from people....despite them in no way showing that that is what they are doing.

Sure they have done some shady stuff, too many stretch goals and the like really slowed down development. But it also expanded the scope and scale the game was able to accomplish. Will the game be as stated from the KS? NO. Whoever thinks a game can go from nothing to gold and remain exatcly as envisioned has 0 concept of game development... or even really reality.

Sit back, wait for the product, then make the call. If it takes them 6 years? Who cares! what are we 99 years old with no life left?

You have 0 basis to even imply that they are thieves and a rational person would know this. So if you ever wonder why people attack you sometimes, it is because you literally spout speculative, irrational stuff in almost every post.

Until RSI states the game is canceled all you really have any right to do is wait and voice your opinion on gameplay mechanics, not imply they are liars and thieves with literally no cause to do so.
    StaalBurgher
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:

Just a name. 

LOL
    Did I ever say kickstarter? Nope I distinctly said crowd funding. All of those projects could have gone the same additional funding route as SC, but they didn't. Other games with kickstarter projects also sell additional items to players, housing and such, etc. Hell Pathfinder went kickstater, additional funding, and a monthly sub. And how are those projects faring? Hmm some are already dead and others are still a long way off. Some such as ED are out but in a much lesser state than originally planned. Yet, SC is still making money hand over fist. So yes its completely fair to compare SC's crowd funding against all the others, as for some reason they seem to be kicking all the other crowd funder's asses. 

And no I don't understand why this is the case either. I'm not sure why this particular project has so much more draw than the others.

My guess would be nostalgia from when CR helped make Wing commander. He hasn't made a game in something like 20 years so at this point he is cashing in on his reputation which in my opinion is fast turning sour.
    Shinimas said:
    jcrg99 said:

I didn't know the Guiness book states that it was due to release in 2015. It's actually pretty funny.
    The funny thing is, if you look at the Wikipedia list, number 2 behind SC is for virtual money and a hacker stole $47,000,000...now that is a crowdfunded campaign to be really pissed about!
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

Just a name. 
    Bards Tale 4

Have fun
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Looks like that piece of shit Vaross is swinging his fanboi ban hammer once again.

Brb, his moms getting lonely again.
    poor jcrg99.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

He needs to grow up or seek help...or both probably.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kefo said:
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:

Just a name. 

LOL
    Did I ever say kickstarter? Nope I distinctly said crowd funding. All of those projects could have gone the same additional funding route as SC, but they didn't. Other games with kickstarter projects also sell additional items to players, housing and such, etc. Hell Pathfinder went kickstater, additional funding, and a monthly sub. And how are those projects faring? Hmm some are already dead and others are still a long way off. Some such as ED are out but in a much lesser state than originally planned. Yet, SC is still making money hand over fist. So yes its completely fair to compare SC's crowd funding against all the others, as for some reason they seem to be kicking all the other crowd funder's asses. 

And no I don't understand why this is the case either. I'm not sure why this particular project has so much more draw than the others.

My guess would be nostalgia from when CR helped make Wing commander. He hasn't made a game in something like 20 years so at this point he is cashing in on his reputation which in my opinion is fast turning sour.

Can't disagree. Perfect storm of thirty-something's with money to burn. However, if you think there won't be a game then you're crazy. First, his ego is too big for that to happen. Secondly, the lawsuits would be way too big for him to ignore. The only real question is what game we will see. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

He needs to grow up or seek help...or both probably.
     Im not him. Look at my join day genius
    I guess not. 

I mean, how on earth would you have created an account 3 days ago with the foreknowledge that 3 days of spewing shit would get you a ban.....genius!
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kefo said:
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:

Just a name. 

LOL

Can't disagree. Perfect storm of thirty-something's with money to burn. However, if you think there won't be a game then you're crazy. First, his ego is too big for that to happen. Secondly, the lawsuits would be way too big for him to ignore. The only real question is what game we will see. 
     That's the problem IMHO. He can put out the biggest POS game in history, but once it is officially released they're free from thr financial liability they put on themselves with the promised that were made. This is why people need to act now before its too late. 

Mighty #9 and Landmark ringing any bells? 
    Yeah but if that was their intention its seems they already would have a game out the door so they could get on with the partying.
    Selling ships still brings money. Besides, it will be a lot safer to leave the game in perpetual development. Even if the game is not out in 20 years but there was no official word on the game being cancelled, a lot of fanboys will still be saying that it's coming soon and it's just pre-alpha. If they just push the game out, some people may get pissed. The charade must go on.
    Shinimas said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kefo said:
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:
    jcrg99 said:

Just a name. 

LOL

That's the problem IMHO. He can put out the biggest POS game in history, but once it is officially released they're free from thr financial liability they put on themselves with the promised that were made. This is why people need to act now before its too late. 

Mighty #9 and Landmark ringing any bells? 
    Yeah but if that was their intention its seems they already would have a game out the door so they could get on with the partying.
    Selling ships still brings money. Besides, it will be a lot safer to leave the game in perpetual development. Even if the game is not out in 20 years but there was no official word on the game being cancelled, a lot of fanboys will still be saying that it's coming soon and it's just pre-alpha. If they just push the game out, some people may get pissed. The charade must go on.
    I agree but there will come a point where even the most staunch supporter will start getting impatient. And while selling ships does still bring in money, I'd be willing to bet that its no where near the money that can be made off a fully released game even if its only half of what they promised to deliver. Of course that's only my opinion, sir.
    I don't think they'd be able to sell many copies considering it's current shape, sure, they might be able to sell a thousand or two, but most have already paid for it. They'd make another 50-100k bucks and get hit with some lawsuits which may be bad for them.

And sure, the longer it takes the more antsy people will get, but it will be a slow build up. A lot of people who bought the base package will just forget about the game, the media won't care anymore etc. It's always better to drag things out instead of making any sudden moves. Why not keep enjoying a steady paycheck rather than going all-in and risking losing everything?
  • khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Squadron 42 is coming out by this year they say, that will be a nice game to play while waiting. I got SC free from another backer that was nice enough to give me his extra copy, I played the alpha and its pretty good and fun. They also produce loads of content for people on youtube, twitch and websites, daily updates and shows. I highly doubt they don't intend to complete this game.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

khameleon said:
    Squadron 42 is coming out by this year they say, that will be a nice game to play while waiting. I got SC free from another backer that was nice enough to give me his extra copy, I played the alpha and its pretty good and fun. They also produce loads of content for people on youtube, twitch and websites, daily updates and shows. I highly doubt they don't intend to complete this game.
    I'd be surprised if SQ42 comes out this year. But if it does and it's a good game, sure, it's one of the few things that may change my mind about this whole project. That will show they can deliver a real finished product. So far I think SQ42 is not even being seriously worked on, I'm not sure if it's ever coming out, especially considering the disastrous level of the core features that are supposed to be used for SQ42.