Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Development Updates

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited July 2016
    Babuinix said:
    ED is dying.
    I would not call it dying.

http://steamcharts.com/app/359320

Elite:Dangerous Steam stats. Keep in mind that many also play E:D from the Frontier launcher (not Steam).

Compare this with the recent SC Alpha numbers ... 300k backers clocked 1.5 million Alpha gameplay testing hours since December 2015. (link -  see my other thread).

Have fun 

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Ed is indeed dying, if you take statistics you get the large number possible and compare it troughout the years, that's how they showcase politics popularity.  Their all time peak was almost 19k, they are now down to 5k. That's a  huge decrease. Check horizons, NOBODY that bought it in team plays it, it sits at 0 players for months now. And this is without any competition whatsoever, imagine when NMS, Star Citizen and the other space games go into play? Not looking good.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Erillion said:
    Babuinix said:
    ED is dying.

Elite:Dangerous Steam stats. Keep in mind that many also play E:D from the Frontier launcher (not Steam).

Compare this with the recent SC Alpha numbers ... 300k backers clocked 1.5 million Alpha gameplay testing hours since December 2015. (link -  see my other thread).

Have fun 

1.5 million hours seems like a lot.

But if a game has 5.000 concurrent users (all day long) for 6 months, it generates 21 million hours.
    Not making any statements, just interesting to put it in perspective.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Babuinix said:
    ED is dying.

Have fun 

Anyone else find it funny Erillion trying to reason with a super fan of SC? 
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited July 2016
    Babuinix said:
    Ed is indeed dying, if you take statistics you get the large number possible and compare it troughout the years, that's how they showcase politics popularity.  Their all time peak was almost 19k, they are now down to 5k. That's a  huge decrease. Check horizons, NOBODY that bought it in team plays it, it sits at 0 players for months now. And this is without any competition whatsoever, imagine when NMS, Star Citizen and the other space games go into play? Not looking good.

Clearly you don't realise that atleast half of Elite's playerbase bought through Frontier's store and therefore won't be tracked by Steam and that was before the game even appeared on XBox which also wouldn't be tracked by Steam.

The concurrency has definitely dropped but that is typical with online games. Hell, most MMOs talk about losing 70% after the first month iirc.
    Horizons stats are obviously merged to the main game, best to not lie about things here and lose the minimal remaining credibility you have.

Steamspy says ~750,000 sales via steam with ~75,000 unique players in the last 2 weeks and a peak steam concurrency of 4500 so far today. Perhaps numbers are down slightly due to it being an important holiday weekend in the US as well..

Compare that to EVE Online, 315,000 sales, 13,000 unique players last 2 weeks and a concurrency of 1200 players so far today.

I'd say Elite is doing ok for itself.
    Kefo said:
    We are exchanging ... you know .. FACTS.   Verifyable facts.

Makes for a nice change in this subforum for once, does it not ?

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    We are exchanging ... you know .. FACTS.   Verifyable facts.

Makes for a nice change in this subforum for once, does it not ?

Have fun
    It is nice but the person you are telling the facts to is just putting forth their opinion with a very clear bias
    edited July 2016
    Kefo said:
    It is nice but the person you are telling the facts to is just putting forth their opinion with a very clear bias
    That is why I am linking some facts about E:D.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    That is why I am linking some facts about E:D.

Have fun
    I feel like this convo is about to enter a circular line of thinking
    Kefo said:
    I feel like this convo is about to enter a circular line of thinking
    I often feel like that in this subforum for the last 2 years.

Have fun
    Yeah boy!

• gir243gir243 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Babuinix said:
    Yeah boy!

Man this dude is on a roll today.  Are you sure you hit every SC thread yet?  Maybe you missed one.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    gir243 said:
    Babuinix said:
    Yeah boy!

Man this dude is on a roll today.  Are you sure you hit every SC thread yet?  Maybe you missed one.
    He's also putting up false bull.

It's doing fine.
    It's not fake: http://steamcharts.com/app/419270

1 million units sold , 3k average players. Steam's 81th Place on most played games.
    edited July 2016
    That might be relevant if steam was the primary vendor. 
    It's just one way of analysing (a big chunk) of numbers, retention is low. No denying in that. Also, after the biggest update numbers stalled and went under. The trend of a dying game, if it wasn't for it's P2P system it would have gone Free2Play by now.
    It looks like retention is steady to me and actually had a recent uptick. However, I really don't care about ED numbers at all. Your posting of April at zero was just stupid, so I pointed that out.
    I found it funny and insightful to the general discussion.
    edited July 2016
    Babuinix said:

So telling lies and using false information is insightful to the general discussion?
    Come on man, get your head out of your arse.

You do realise that when you have to lie and attempt to tear down other games to make your own look good you have lost your argument, it only reeks of desperation.

Have fun
    What lies mate? It's right there in the web site. Follow the link.
    Lies because that is tracking the old product layout which was discontinued months ago.

Everything is now sold via one main page on Steam rather than separate pages for each expansion. You can verify this by searching for Elite in Steam's search box. there is just the one result and doing a search for Horizons doesn't return any results.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Babuinix said:
    I don't know if SC will be successful or will fail horribly. You idiotic defenders don't know and the people badmouthing the game don't know either.

HOWEVER, if this game turns out to be vapor ware or a horrible flop I want a photo of your reaction, it can not be anything else then a total meltdown or emo girl crying party, a photo or little movie of you crying your heart out. Because really, this game seems to be your life and your posts and reactions don't convince people to buy the game or believe the hype, they do the exact opposite.

Me? I want the game to succeed because the genre can use a game like this. I would like all the white knighting idiots to stay away though, those making the game look bad because of their zealous behavior while tearing down everything else. Grow up.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Babuinix
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    That might be relevant if steam was the primary vendor. 
    1) steam is the primary vendor

2) you linked steamcharts as well, commenting "it's doing fine". Did you not ? I presume an average of 3.7K players per month since January qualifies as "fine" with you.

3) before you accuse me as being negative biased i'll inform you that i was a backer with a hefty sum and still an active player.
    edited July 2016
    There is no proof that Steam is the primary vendor. The game had sold almost 600,000 copies via Frontier's store before it even appeared on Steam (April 2015).

Which means to surpass the amount sold on Steam (781,000) all they would need to sell via their store in the last year is 181,000 copies.
    You don't need a primary vendor to analyse a big chunk of data. There's a big chunk of data in steam that provides enough data to access the decline of the game based on those numbers.