Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Life of the Game in a Single Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageThe Life of the Game in a Single Video

Pearl Abyss has published a new video that uncovers the life of Black Desert Online from its first days through the most recent. All of the additions to the game are shown, from new classes to new locations and more. Check it out!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KnoxiaKnoxia Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Look at all those outfits we will never have unless we pay 30 a pop
  • LoMaX21LoMaX21 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Yea $30 for an outfit is kinda crazy... Same for horse gear and other stuff.. Anything that would make your char slightly more unique in the world will cost you another $100 and it's char bound lol

Other then the horrible prices, I've enjoyed the game so far.. and ahhhh did i see a winged horse in there??
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Can I get the character creator part for free? I think it would be good for my D&D group.
  • brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    If you're going to have a game buy-to-play, keep the costs of cosmetics to a MINIMUM! Especially when you offer such little customization in the actual game. It's one of the reasons I have yet to buy the game. I just don't like it when companies make a game something you have to buy, then charge an arm and a leg for customization options. Why not do something like the other games that have gone this route, like Lord of the Rings Online, or The Secret World? They don't charge as much for an outfit as you might pay in the REAL WORLD for a costume...
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited June 2016

brihtwulf said:

If you're going to have a game buy-to-play, keep the costs of cosmetics to a MINIMUM! Especially when you offer such little customization in the actual game. It's one of the reasons I have yet to buy the game. I just don't like it when companies make a game something you have to buy, then charge an arm and a leg for customization options. Why not do something like the other games that have gone this route, like Lord of the Rings Online, or The Secret World? They don't charge as much for an outfit as you might pay in the REAL WORLD for a costume...

Both Secret World and LOTRO used to be sub games. They both charge for additional content.

For $30, you get all the current and future expansions for free. We just got a massive update for the Valencia desert for free.

There's no way around getting screwed unless it's a sub game. Those are out of style, so basically if you don't want to be screwed, don't play MMOs anymore.

I see where you're coming from, though. It is still an issue for me, but less of one since I've been playing. The outfits aren't really all that much better than regular armor.

They just had a thing where if you did a cute little tutorial online for sieges you get a free 7 day outfit. I got the full special witch outfit, and it's nice, but I like my regular Taritas armor that's dyed with loyalty dyes about as much.

Make no mistake, the outfits are where they screw you. But I'd much rather it be outfits than RNG boxes or straight up currency conversion like is found in most games.

The only thing I really think one should buy is 3 pets, but they've been having pet-giveaway events every other month or so, so if you're really frugal you can honestly get away with just the $30 price tag in a game with no real P2W.

It's honestly a great deal, possibly the best deal in MMOs when you factor in the way other MMOs screw you.
    Post edited by holdenhamlet on