Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cant do it

Comments

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Oh god, the ques are still that long? Even at endgame? That's part of the reason I left, I used to spend hours in ques for pvp and dungeons. As a healer. I know its not because of lack of players, the matching algorithm is just horrendously bad for some reason. I'd hope this would be fixed by now.

yeah it's terrible i've spent over 6 hours in total time waiting for this dungeon to pop so i can continue my heavensward story line... and people take the gravity of the situation into account... i cannot progress any further in the story line until i get this done. i'm lucky i own a business and i rarely ever have to actually go in and do things, so it gives me plenty of free time... but how can you say to a casual gamer, it's ok slugger just push through when i have spent over 6 hours in queue time waiting for this dungeon to pop... i just started it again when i woke up this morning, it's upto 12 minutes now... let's see how long it takes.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    i agree that some content should be "solo-able" at this point , because no1 does it anymore and if u dont do it u cant advance...

maybe u can ask the FC to help u out , if u are a tank u just need a healer , but healer/dps is more than enough if u do the content "unsync" (aka no lvl or gear sync)

still i see lots of sprouts around (newbies) and the range of lvls is huge from 10 to 30ish and some 40ish ...

oh meanwhile u can create a party finder asking for help , maybe some high lvl wouldnt mind helping u out , this trials take 2 min at most at lvl 100 :chuffed:
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited June 2016
    mbrodie said:
    Oh god, the ques are still that long? Even at endgame? That's part of the reason I left, I used to spend hours in ques for pvp and dungeons. As a healer. I know its not because of lack of players, the matching algorithm is just horrendously bad for some reason. I'd hope this would be fixed by now.

yeah it's terrible i've spent over 6 hours in total time waiting for this dungeon to pop so i can continue my heavensward story line... and people take the gravity of the situation into account... i cannot progress any further in the story line until i get this done. i'm lucky i own a business and i rarely ever have to actually go in and do things, so it gives me plenty of free time... but how can you say to a casual gamer, it's ok slugger just push through when i have spent over 6 hours in queue time waiting for this dungeon to pop... i just started it again when i woke up this morning, it's upto 12 minutes now... let's see how long it takes.

Yeah....one of the main reasons I am not going back lol

As a DPS...forget it.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited June 2016
    I get the whole not liking the gated content thing. But starting a new character / game in any MMORPG? What makes you think you will see endgame expansion content right away?
    Post edited by GeezerGamer on
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I just started this game again yesterday (after not playing since right before the expansion came out). I am kind of lost, but going to try to slog my way with my level 50 bard to at least unlock the new classes that I want to play. I just don't want to look like a fool in the dungeons since I haven't played in awhile. It is still fun though.
  • BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Just resubbed last week after a 7 month break. Having a decent time with the game this go around. I'm trying to be a lot more casual than I used to be (sever first relic/ and daily coil-savage grind). The game is currently in a spot where it feels pretty easy to catch up.

Anyway, if anyone is on Cactuar or looking for help feel free to send a pm.
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Everyone wants a game that will be playable for years, yet no one wants it to be questing, grinding or really anything but w/e their shallow minds want to play at that singular moment in time.

Get over yourself. You cant have a long lasting game with massive amounts of content.... and the bitch about it. You want some training for your little poopsy self? go play FFXI and start bitching about time it takes to get anywhere.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    ok so after 8 hours of queues, i ended up folding and joining one of the top FC's on server, they helped me clear the trial... i did about 20 minutes more of questing until i got another freaking dungeon finder quest.... this one is only a 4 man not an 8 man and this 

i don't care who you are, there is a different between gated content and unrealistically holding your characters back.

This is the latter
  • seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    They should have just taken the quests that deal with the really big parts of the story and made them much longer/more involved quests. All of the dull fetch stuff in between should be dropped. 

And content isn't bad, but content that has to be done completely linearly is bad. 

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    cheyane said:
    I don't understand. You say you love this game but you never completed the previous content and got to level 50 is it ? So that is why you have to do the content now. Why are you playing this game if you never bothered to finish the previous content. If you love Final Fantasy you should know story is everything
    No. I made it to level 50 ages ago. But Heavensward requires you to complete around 200+ quest  at 50 before you can play. I'm playing because I want to ... and because I can, dafuq? I'm fine with the story, I just hate arbitrary bullshit, which this is.
    Going through story content in a MMORPG based on a series known largely for its story... The horror.

/sarcasm

Considering how the 2.1-2.5 story builds up and leads into the setting/story for HW, it's actually quite relevant. You not wanting to go through it (presumably because you just want to "get to the end ASAP" - am I right?)  does not make it "arbitrary".

Friends and family of mine have all gone through it, casually, and finished it in about 1.5 weeks, 2 weeks, tops. I was surprised how fast they got through it.

Put another way, the time you're spending on forums complaining about it could be spent going through it, and you'd get through it faster.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545

Put another way, the time you're spending on forums complaining about it could be spent going through it, and you'd get through it faster.
    He's only able to spend time on the forums complaining about it cause in-game, he's still stuck waiting in the party queues for story dungeons so he can actually go through it.
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Tiamat64 said:

He's only able to spend time on the forums complaining about it cause in-game, he's still stuck waiting in the party queues for story dungeons so he can actually go through it.
    It's an MMORPG, make some friends!!!!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    A few weeks ago, I bought Heavensward in anticipation of patch 3.3. My guildies have grown tired of other games, so we made the migration back to our original game: FFXIV. Let me just say, I really love this game, and have for a long time. But upon coming back I discovered I have to complete ALL the story quest in order to touch the Heavensward content.

This is a complete deal breaker.

As of now I'm on quest 23*/100 before Heavensward, and at this rate I'll never touch the content before my time expires. And now, because I paid for an expansion and time card I feel obligated to slog through all these ridiculous quest. This sucks. Had I known this, I never would have spent a dime.

So for those who aren't aware, or plan on returning like I did. Just know you might have a lot of story quest to do beforehand.
    I agree 100%, did the same thing when the expansion came out and quit about the same time. 100 meaningless crap quests. They may have gotten my expansion money but they can kiss my ___ if they think they will get me to pay monthly to quest grind just to get to new content.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Ekadd said:
    Shijuki said:
    So plenty of content is bad now? Ok....
    +1. some ppl wants more content, seems some ppl do not wants :)
    You are both being intellectually dishonest to make yourselves sound clever. Either that or you lack any logic at all. There is a HUGE difference between content and run here, fetch this, kill 10 of that quest grind. If you don't get that then maybe you should stop playing MMOs and go play some mind building games.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Viper482 said:
    Ekadd said:
    Shijuki said:
    So plenty of content is bad now? Ok....
    +1. some ppl wants more content, seems some ppl do not wants :)
    You are both being intellectually dishonest to make yourselves sound clever. Either that or you lack any logic at all. There is a HUGE difference between content and run here, fetch this, kill 10 of that quest grind. If you don't get that then maybe you should stop playing MMOs and go play some mind building games.
    Uh...The only one being dishonest is you, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not content.  I can honestly say  it's not my thing either but I don't doubt one second that there are many that enjoy this type of content.  If you don't get that YOU should stop playing MMOs.  Get over yourself.  
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    The storyline quests should be more interesting to do. I have the same gripe with SWTOR. I'm excited to see how the story plays out, and then I end up doing a fetch or kill quest except they manage to make it more tedious by sending you across the world to do these boring ass quests. It's even worse when you're forced to sit in a dungeon queue for 30 minutes so you can progress. 
    mbrodie said:
    ok so after 8 hours of queues, i ended up folding and joining one of the top FC's on server, they helped me clear the trial... i did about 20 minutes more of questing until i got another freaking dungeon finder quest.... this one is only a 4 man not an 8 man and this 

i don't care who you are, there is a different between gated content and unrealistically holding your characters back.

This is the latter

Everyone saying "just do it", this is all that needs to be said right here.  It's stupid, and you're no better for defending this.
  • kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237
    edited June 2016
    playing ffxiv to and also doing the quest needed for heavensward i think its realy great they dont just trow away old content like most game do and you need to put in some effort . The queu showed above is indeed very long so far i did waited around 15-30 min for most things so far as a dps.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    mbrodie said:

This is the latter

Everyone saying "just do it", this is all that needs to be said right here.  It's stupid, and you're no better for defending this.
    That is one of the biggest issues of the game, no doubt.

They should give an option to scale for smaller groups or even solo for the older ones because with time it will be harder and harder to find groups as dps.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Well yoshida is considering selling jump potion/packs w/e that boost people up to a certain level and skip content, 1) cause its extra money, 2) ppl complain about what the China version is getting over the NA/EU verious (the chinese version sells these boosts, not just for content but for individual classes)
    mbrodie said:

As a DPS...forget it.
    ????????

As a DPS this is my queue

Let me guess, you queued for something dumb that nobody queues for right? Like CoB savage huh?

PvP takes less than 5 minutes as a DPS. Raids, ST, LotA, etc all take under 5 minutes.

I went back in game and could only find that if you queue for a savage raid are wait times this long and NOBODY queues for savage raid.

I kept going through everything their is do queue for and cannot find anything except CoB savage that takes 30+ minutes. 

All raids and even ex primals are used, farmed, daily for Anima items and stuff. 

Then again though, you only show a snippet of a pic and not the whole screenshot. How do we honestly know if you "photoshoped" it like i can do on photobucket and MS paint and such.

The longest I have waited on a queue on Cactuar server, as a DPS, Off time, in the past 2 years is 12:32 exact.

Exactly, I recently went through all the story content as a DPS and never had to wait more than 20 mins for anything.  Maybe 20 mins is a lot but I haven't played a single MMORPG where there wasn't a wait time to form groups.  Back in the EQ and FFXI days, you'd be lucky to get a party that quickly and that's just to go camp exp points.  People can go days without finding a party.  The exaggeration is strong in some peoples.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    edited June 2016
    Why is it so hard to get groups ? Even as a healer I used to have like 5 minute queues, but obviously that is not the case any more. Has the population gone down ?

Ahh sorry just read that it is not true but an exaggeration.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    kitarad said:
    Why is it so hard to get groups ? Even as a healer I used to have like 5 minute queues, but obviously that is not the case any more. Has the population gone down ?

Ahh sorry just read that it is not true but an exaggeration.
    Pretty sure it has to do with how the servers are spread out within their data center. You can only queue with certain servers within that data center, so population on those servers can greatly vary.
    mbrodie said:

As a DPS...forget it.
    ????????

Let me guess, you queued for something dumb that nobody queues for right? Like CoB savage huh?

PvP takes less than 5 minutes as a DPS. Raids, ST, LotA, etc all take under 5 minutes.

I went back in game and could only find that if you queue for a savage raid are wait times this long and NOBODY queues for savage raid.

I kept going through everything their is do queue for and cannot find anything except CoB savage that takes 30+ minutes. 

All raids and even ex primals are used, farmed, daily for Anima items and stuff. 

Then again though, you only show a snippet of a pic and not the whole screenshot. How do we honestly know if you "photoshoped" it like i can do on photobucket and MS paint and such.

The longest I have waited on a queue on Cactuar server, as a DPS, Off time, in the past 2 years is 12:32 exact.

Exactly, I recently went through all the story content as a DPS and never had to wait more than 20 mins for anything.  Maybe 20 mins is a lot but I haven't played a single MMORPG where there wasn't a wait time to form groups.  Back in the EQ and FFXI days, you'd be lucky to get a party that quickly and that's just to go camp exp points.  People can go days without finding a party.  The exaggeration is strong in some peoples.

Those are examples of REQUIRED story content q times.  You probably did those right when they came out....these are recent. 
    mbrodie said:

As a DPS...forget it.
    ????????

Those are examples of REQUIRED story content q times.  You probably did those right when they came out....these are recent. 
    I did say recently didn't I?