Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dominating the PC Charts in May, OW Generates $269M

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageDominating the PC Charts in May, OW Generates $269M

Overwatch is dominating the PC gaming revenue market for the month of May by generating $269M on both PC and console. SuperData Research found that Overwatch's astronomical success has left prime competitor "Battleborn in the dust".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    edited June 2016
    Wait Suzie I see them coming! hurry close the doors! Haters are coming!!! run for the back pages!!! oh my gawrddddd!!!!
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I recall when I was 13 I used to care about what songs where on the top 20.

I dont anymore

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Predictions in this thread.

1) debuff SuperData

2) Troll Blizzard/OW

3) Rejoice fanboys

4) 2 regular posters go back and forth on page 2 that takes OP thread off rails

Have a missed anything?

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    The funny part is f2p games with optional subs dominate and the supposed successful moorpg, ffxiv isnt even in the top 5. No wonder its going p2w with update 4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Predictions in this thread.

1) debuff SuperData

2) Troll Blizzard/OW

3) Rejoice fanboys

4) 2 regular posters go back and forth on page 2 that takes OP thread off rails

Have a missed anything?

can you please stop derailing the conversation?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• giberelinagiberelina Member UncommonPosts: 59
    I don't play any of these games lol
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    That moment when you realize that Black Ops 3 is 2nd on consoles...My PS4 is completely useless I guess now :(
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Instead of it saying Overwatch News for a non MMO and non RPG game it could have said:

World of Warcraft News: WOW dominates P2P MMOs. You know, because this is MMORPG.com

Just a thought.
    Overwatch is the Game du Jour. It's a better headline. ;)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    edited June 2016
    SBFord said:
    Instead of it saying Overwatch News for a non MMO and non RPG game it could have said:

World of Warcraft News: WOW dominates P2P MMOs. You know, because this is MMORPG.com

Just a thought.
    I think many of us disagree. We have OW headlines everyday and sometimes because of that MMO news gets pushed aside. Like EQ2 having their 48 hour  Moonlight Enchantments event which was not reported.
    Or ESO launching in Japan yesterday, which was not reported. Or WOW's Midsummer Fire Festival. Which is not reported. Or the MMOs listed on Steams Summer sale which is going on right now.
    I get the need for clicks for your site but it should still cater to the fanbase of the site as well.  

If you have news tips for the site staff, send them to [email protected]. Suzie and I are TWO people. Suzie posts just about EVERYTHING on this site, and what you don't see is how much work that is. While she's also helping massage content on the new site.

We'd love to cater to our community, but our community can help us as much as we can help them. That includes you, who are very present and vocal. Instead of using your power for evil, you might try good.

Now stop nitpicking about how YOU would title the article. That's neither here nor there.

EDIT: Oh, and sure we missed ESO Japan, but we DID have an exclusive interview with the game's director, which I think more than trumps a region of the game opening halfway around the world. Our bad for missing the Japan thing though. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    how can be Monster Strike more popular then COC and Clash of Royale ?
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    SBFord said:

Just a thought.
    I think many of us disagree. We have OW headlines everyday and sometimes because of that MMO news gets pushed aside. Like EQ2 having their 48 hour  Moonlight Enchantments event which was not reported.
    Or ESO launching in Japan yesterday, which was not reported. Or WOW's Midsummer Fire Festival. Which is not reported. Or the MMOs listed on Steams Summer sale which is going on right now.
    I get the need for clicks for your site but it should still cater to the fanbase of the site as well.  

If you have news tips for the site staff, send them to [email protected]. Suzie and I are TWO people. Suzie posts just about EVERYTHING on this site, and what you don't see is how much work that is. While she's also helping massage content on the new site.

We'd love to cater to our community, but our community can help us as much as we can help them. That includes you, who are very present and vocal. Instead of using your power for evil, you might try good.

Now stop nitpicking about how YOU would title the article. That's neither here nor there.
    Might have helped to tell us shooters would be part of that growth you eluded to months ago :P.. We were pretty much assured it was just going to be RPG's... Just a thought :)..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Headline could have done with the words: "Superdata guess that"
    SBFord said:

Just a thought.

EDIT: Oh, and sure we missed ESO Japan, but we DID have an exclusive interview with the game's director, which I think more than trumps a region of the game opening halfway around the world. Our bad for missing the Japan thing though. 
    fair enough thanks for that it changes some assumptions I had.

when I get some news I want others to know i will send them

Distopia said:

Might have helped to tell us shooters would be part of that growth you eluded to months ago :P.. We were pretty much assured it was just going to be RPG's... Just a thought :)..
    We've actually had online shooters on the list for YEARS. Loads of imports from before the "Dawn of Team Shooter". Ergo, when these started coming out, like MOBAs, we made the conscious decision to cover them. If people didn't click and read them, we'd not cover them. Similar to how we've pulled back on mobile MMO coverage. 

You're noticing it now, likely because they're far more present in the mainstream.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• eyeqdkeyeqdk Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited June 2016
    So, how much did blizz pay you for this "news" to be postet on an MMORPG sigt... Its not even af MMO or RPG. its TF2 in new skin.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited June 2016
    I rejoice with Batlleborn's fail. Serves Gearbox right. Instead of giving us a new Borderlands game they jumped on the bandwagon and produced a mediocre multiplayer FPS.
    Trolls are very much part of the RPG Experience and they're are trolls in every single genre.
    Shodanas said:
    I rejoice with Batlleborn's fail. Serves Gearbox right. Instead of giving us a new Borderlands game they jumped on the bandwagon and produced a mediocre multiplayer FPS.
    I really hope for BL3 to be a redeemer, personally. And maybe become something like Destiny and more MMO-ish.

My Review Manifesto

Distopia said:

We've actually had online shooters on the list for YEARS. Loads of imports from before the "Dawn of Team Shooter". Ergo, when these started coming out, like MOBAs, we made the conscious decision to cover them. If people didn't click and read them, we'd not cover them. Similar to how we've pulled back on mobile MMO coverage. 

You're noticing it now, likely because they're far more present in the mainstream.
    I'm aware they've been in the game lists, their coverage though in terms of articles hasn't exactly seemed as any type of priority. I can't think of another shooter that has had back to back articles reporting every single piece of news about it, before OW (not even planetside 2 which was an MMO). 

edited June 2016

That was a bit harsh and a little personally charged. Remove your emotion. Be a professional.
    You guys get paid to report news and articles about MMOs and RPGs. We as the readers do not. It should not fall on our heads to report MMO news when it is readily available to find by those that get paid to report it.
     I have provided many a news story thank you very much and you know that.
    That was not an evil post it was an honest one. at least 3 news stories in 2 days about Overwatch seems a bit much. If that level of candor is not accepted by you and your staff I think perhaps you need more than a change to the website. Now carry on. 
    Actually, Blue, it seems you got a little more personally charged than me. I'm defending my staff, and my friend, for the work she does tirelessly and thanklessly for the thousands that come here. You're complaining about having to read a headline you didn't personally like. 

We are a family here at MMORPG. Both staff, and users, so I'm sorry if what I said roiled your emotions. But I'm not sorry for defending Suzie's exemplary work.

My Review Manifesto

eyeqdk said:
    So, how much did blizz pay you for this "news" to be postet on an MMORPG sigt... Its not even af MMO or RPG. its TF2 in new skin.
    I don't think it's about money, I think a certain staff member is simply a huge fan...

This discussion has been closed.