Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Das Taal Latest Alpha

Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
So got an invite to the latest rounds of alpha of this game, the few that i have played have been great fun..

https://maitreapp.co/s/straj

Is a referral link to try and get in on the next round of alphas that start on the 18th and run for 2 weeks.

If you guys are after open pvp , sandbox, rule creation etc then this is the game for you

http://www.das-tal-game.com for more information about the game from this small indi developer if you haven't already heard

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    DMKano said:
    Can't get over the tactics they used to get attention - as in slinging poo at ArcheAge and XLgames/Trion to get more attention to their indie kickstarter (which failed anyway).

The game is actually not bad - but the again the tactics used by the devs in the past were deplorable. Hopefully they learned their lesson - as a game developer - it's best just to let your own game speak for itself, than talking shit about other  developers and their games.

Just my 2c.

I fully agree, i would like to think they have learnt their lesson, what i will say is it has worked 'to a point' in that it got them a little more known, however, like children , companies and developers grow up, and i would like to think as their game has grown so have they.
    Last time i played in the closed Alpha it looked very close, still some issues, but to be expected, and in all honesty ive seen far worse come out from 'one of the big boys'
    But like everything you can only hope they learn from their childish ways....and just focus on what they do (seemingly ) well 

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• fishgeektedfishgeekted Member UncommonPosts: 3
    @Quazal.A 
    Been playing this weekend with alpha key. Great potential in this gem of a game! They still need to tweak stuff and a zerg of over geared players will make it tough on new players. Lots of fun and I happily backed it with some hard earned money. 
  • Kuroi_TaigaKuroi_Taiga Member UncommonPosts: 29
    this game is great, i'm playing solo atm to understand mechanics and i love it, can't wait till summer alpha test for more people to join

if any of you got already the game, there will be a clan vs clan test in 2 weeks, check the forums
  • YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Not for me I'm afraid. Don't see the point in selecting friendly then getting attacked...by another friendly! I know it's PVP but to get ganked as soon as from spawning from the tutorial doesn't fill me with excitement...but at least I've tried it. 
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    DMKano said:
    Can't get over the tactics they used to get attention - as in slinging poo at ArcheAge and XLgames/Trion to get more attention to their indie kickstarter (which failed anyway).

The game is actually not bad - but the again the tactics used by the devs in the past were deplorable. Hopefully they learned their lesson - as a game developer - it's best just to let your own game speak for itself, than talking shit about other  developers and their games.

Just my 2c.

I agree with you most of the times but not on this one. I read all the "poo slinging" and it seems like some solid criticism which I happen to agree with on most points. It is about as malicious as Trions own "We're not in Azaroth anymore" slogan. Trion suggested they did better then WoW with Rift (which they obviously didn't) and the Das Tal developers are suggesting they are doing better then Archeage (which we don't know yet).

Same tactics, different developers. One just used a slogan, the other talked about lots of game specific points, i prefer the last as it actually gives some insight.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103
    This game has some potential to be great.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I want to like games that have so many public betas like this.

But then they started comparing their game to ArcheAge.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • CeironxCeironx Member UncommonPosts: 88
    It looks like a solid game with a good payment model. The only thing they need is popularity.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:

Just my 2c.

LMao , now this , this is the Pot calling the Kettle Black ...

Because we all know that XLgames and Trion would never do anything like that ...

They slung Poo as you put it all over there own community more than once, and is the reason they have fallen out of grace with so many people ...

Just my 2c
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:

Just my 2c.

LMao , now this , this is the Pot calling the Kettle Black ...

Because we all know that XLgames and Trion would never do anything like that ...

They slung Poo as you put it all over there own community more than once, and is the reason they have fallen out of grace with so many people ...

Just my 2c

do you even realize you are quoting a 9 month old thread here?

Das Tal changes their name too in all this time.

heh
    doesnt change a dam thing with the context of your post or mine  , do you ever tire of the semantics you reach for everyday
  • CyrinCyrin Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Tried it.  It's terrible.
  • lashlashlashlash Member UncommonPosts: 32
    In Season 2 (March 23 onwards), they have deployed a second patch (following Early Access beginning a month ago), completely eliminating lag for me, adding gameplay elements and more bug fixes. The start of this season didn’t have the burst of players in the beginner zones which caused a nasty experience for new players by being overwhelmed by the game (along with the lag). This time, there are less players in the beginner zones, so they can learn the game at a slower pace instead of constantly being ganked (which was fun in it’s own way, but not for everyone).

I played this game last season and had fun with it, we had members in our clan coordinating and logging on regularly. The EU server was fun because there was a language barrier between the Russian speakers and the English speakers, so this naturally caused different competing clans, and we competed on the leaderboards and within the game. The combat and conflict is the fun part, so having this was important.

It is more familar to MOBA players than typical MMORPG players, given the isometric combat and punishing (i.e winners and losers) loot mechanics, along with the fact that you have "winners" each season (much like upcoming Crowfall campaigns).

Still a lot of work to do, but looks like good first steps following Early Access release a month ago. 7 day free trial and 500 MB download, so you can make up your own mind on the game if it sounds appealing. The game is much better with a group. Joining or starting a clan is easy, and the game is made to be competitive and cooperative, and the fun is in the combat. I didn't know anyone when I started, but made some friends :)