Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SuperHero MMO, Valiance Online Heading to Steam Soon

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I'll probably be buying into this one (and the other superhero MMORPGs in development), if for no other reason than a chance to flex my creative muscles and recreate my old CoH ideas as well as come up with a few new ones!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Nice! I need to clear my backlog first though. I'll play at release though :) 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• CKPlayGameCKPlayGame Member UncommonPosts: 33
    3 pet archtypes? I am so playing this
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    CrazKanuk said:
    We should start an MMORPG.com supergroup to group test these new superhero entries as they become available!

At the very least, we'll all have folks to argue with in game chat about how awesome/awful the game is in real-time WHILE we play the awesome/awful game! ;)
    pantaro

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    CrazKanuk said:
    We should start an MMORPG.com supergroup to group test these new superhero entries as they become available!

At the very least, we'll all have folks to argue with in game chat about how awesome/awful the game is in real-time WHILE we play the awesome/awful game! ;)

I'll get on that as soon as I finish creating an MMORPG where people play my steam backlog for me :)

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I've been in the alpha, but it is obviously PRE-alpha.  It is an interesting concept, and I will give it a try.  I am anticipating City of Titans and (especially) Heroes & Villains more, but it looks like VO will be in a playable state first.  So I guess I will be giving it a try soon!

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    I didn't even really know about the game, but it seems pretty cool.  

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    It's good news to see that this is almost hitting Steam here soon. Been looking for another superhero MMO other than DCUO/Champions. As much of a Marvel fan that I am I just couldn't get behind Marvel Heroes.. As said above it is in pre-alpha still.
  • thedood123thedood123 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    This looks pretty amazing, I was  a big CoV/CoH/City of Rogues player and loved the mastermind archetype it was the best class in any MMO to date so I will definitely be buying a founder pack on steam for this.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If it manages to capture the whole Superhero theme that COH/COV did, then that would be great, will definitely be checking back on this game once its finished. B)
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Looks interesting.  I never got a chance to play CoH, but I did play DCUO and enjoyed it.  So, I'm sure i'll give this game a go.  Once it launches, I don't do KS and early access. 
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Looks interesting.  I never got a chance to play CoH, but I did play DCUO and enjoyed it.  So, I'm sure i'll give this game a go.  Once it launches, I don't do KS and early access. 
    This game has had several kickstarters and it has a couple of investors.  It also has at least one dev from CoH on the team.  I am patiently waiting to see this game in a truly playable state, with combat and such.  I've only gotten the alpha to play properly when there were no bad guys to fight, and the HUD was hardly working.  I would really like to see what this game has to offer...

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    vaporware
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    The team has still been posting on the forums. They made a couple of posts in the last few days, but nothing of any real significance. 

Release date is "when it's done". Same for Alpha launch.
    Will update soon as the team feels we're ready.
    This is an indie project with limited staff and funding so we're not giving firm dates for now.
    Because, Murphy and his damn law. B
    Though to be fair, some of the top studios in the industry (Blizzard, id, Epic, etc.) say the same thing so we're in good company!

and

When we have news we will post it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

A few new vids from them

Thoughts anyone?

needs some work in my honest opinion.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    its pre-alpha so yeah it needs tons of work
  • BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    I would love to remake my necro/dark mastermind ;D.  I really miss City of Heroes ;(.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Very cool. Their pledges also don't seem outrageous. No 5k or 10k dollar tiers to get super exclusive shit or the like. I just might do it at some point...

@Beyorn gawd, yes. I miss my MMs so much too! And they seem to have several fun takes on the class! :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

edited February 2017
    The combat and overall visuals in this video looks better, maybe it is the hardware they are playing it on.
    27:04 mark

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    This looks just as good as Pathfinder Online.
    Nilden
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    This looks just as good as Pathfinder Online.
    Soo... pretty terrible then?
    Nilden

This is their alpha which is troubling. I understand the process but this is the same alpha they claim will be on Steam. maybe not the "same" alpha as presented in the four videos but their alpha will be on Steam per their official announcements.

I don't know guys, seems troubling if you are a fan.