Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I NEED City of Heroes...

MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
I literally had a dream last night about playing this game, I miss it so much but dreaming about it?? Come on NCsoft we have suffered long enough.

Mystery Bounty

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Have you tried DCUO? I know it's not CoH, but still a lot of fun.
  • TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    I feel your pain.. CoH is sorely missed..

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    This dude gets it.
  • MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Forgrimm said:
    Have you tried DCUO? I know it's not CoH, but still a lot of fun.
    Yeah I actually played DCUO for a couple months, got really good at PvP but it was mostly based on knockbacks and stuff, got rly bored with it. Just not the same :(

Mystery Bounty

I feel your pain.. CoH is sorely missed..
    :'(

Mystery Bounty

• myxaplixmyxaplix Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Played the spots off that game. Wish there was something its caliber today. DCUO is close but not quite the in the same league.
    myxaplix said:
    Played the spots off that game. Wish there was something its caliber today. DCUO is close but not quite the in the same league.
    My thoughts exactly, DCUO was good for a month or 2 but I played City of Heroes everyday for 5-10 hours and never got tired of it.

Mystery Bounty

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Is Champions still around? Wasnt AS good as CoH but I enjoyed it enough for a while ... =\
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    edited June 2016
    You got City of Titans coming out around next year I hope. Which is being made from Missing Worlds Media I think? Also Valiance Online is coming out as well.. Valiance's alpha patch for them is about to be released. 
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited June 2016
    Kayo83 said:
    Is Champions still around? Wasnt AS good as CoH but I enjoyed it enough for a while ... =\
    Not just around, since last Autumn it even got some updates and new stuff (as opposed to the previous years' standstill state, just check the news section here http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/335/view/news  lots of news down to last year, then only a couple per year :wink: ).

Currently there's an invasion event (the top / last news entry), either till tomorrow, or -according to some rumours- it will be extended by a week, giving more time for the token grind.
  • jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Champions is only good if you're willing to pay the sub fee. That's the only way to make a free form character. the premade characters are boring and you only get a few of them without paying. If you want a single free form character you have to pay $50 for it.

You can get a life time sub for like 300 dollars or something, but there is no telling when this game will shut down. they seriously need to lower the life time sub price
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    All you need is a temporal internet connection and you are good to go.
    Phry
  • jmalminjmalmin Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Many of us do miss City of Heroes. ncsoft never listens to their costumers. When you have lots and lots of people begging them to not shut the game down. and they still do it.... The game was making them a profit too. Oh well speaking of DCUO... This game is about to get a hugh revamp, the game will change forever in a few months so maybe its worth taking a peek at the game again when this happens. 
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    jmalmin said:
    Many of us do miss City of Heroes. ncsoft never listens to their costumers. When you have lots and lots of people begging them to not shut the game down. and they still do it.... The game was making them a profit too. Oh well speaking of DCUO... This game is about to get a hugh revamp, the game will change forever in a few months so maybe its worth taking a peek at the game again when this happens. 

The information I've read says the game was indeed still making a profit but it's operational costs were eating it up so badly that it was only a matter of time till the studio would only be breaking even. For whatever reason, NCsoft appeared to "not want" either CoH or Paragon Studios in operation, so rather than green-lighting CoH 2 and reducing the studio's costs to run CoH they allowed it to become unprofitable so they could shut them both down with the fewest questions asked.

The shutdown wasn't just a matter of profitability. There's more to the story and we may never find out the exact motivations of the heads of NCsoft for their actions.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.