Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exile Online scifi/cyberpunk genre MMO

Comments

• Blurry.FaceBlurry.Face Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Is this game level based?
  • Prometheus2015Prometheus2015 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Is this game level based?
    Level, class, skill and statistic based yes.
  • HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234
    @Prometheus2015  I noticed "implants" featured on the Exile Online site... I hope the implants would be attribute controlled (like Anarchy Online) instead of the typical level lock. Laddering implants in AO to equip some much higher gear was a great feature of that game and I for one have been looking for this in another game. 
    Equipment including implants is locked by level or statistic attributes, sometimes both in some cases. Gear is relative to your level. Saying that, equipping an item is not solely dependent on your base statistics, but rather ALL stat streams. This includes points gained from your base stats, gear and also buffs.

For example if an item requires 50 Dex but you only have 40 base, if you have at least another 10 from gear or buffs, you would be able to equip that item.
    @Prometheus2015 Thank you for for the clarification!

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• BluelinerBlueliner Member UncommonPosts: 158
    very first post " will be free to download and play" lost me right there, cash shop money grab, no thank you. give me a decent game with a monthly sub and no cash shop. ughh so sick of these "free" games
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I take it then that the Hero engine developers have overcome the financial difficulties that shut them down at the end of 2015 ?

That little disaster forced the Repopulation devs to finally abandon Hero engine completely....
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Meh.  Personally, getting tired of things being called sandbox/themepark when we can't agree what it means.  Especially after someone called WoW a sandbox.  It really is just another useless term to keep players apart.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

edited May 2016
    Blueliner said:
    very first post " will be free to download and play" lost me right there, cash shop money grab, no thank you. give me a decent game with a monthly sub and no cash shop. ughh so sick of these "free" games
    All content such as raiding and pvp etc will be included with no charge at all. The cash shop will be for things like xp boosters and cosmetic items. There is no pay to win or pay to play on Exile Online.

Unlike a game such as lord of the rings online for example...where it say it is free to play, but once you get through about 5% of the leveling process it requires unlocks using tokens earned extremely slowly ingame or through their cash shop.

I take it then that the Hero engine developers have overcome the financial difficulties that shut them down at the end of 2015 ?

That little disaster forced the Repopulation devs to finally abandon Hero engine completely....
    At no point has Hero Engine ever shut down. We and every other single development team on the platform have had no breaks or interuptions in our services. Unfortunately, due to the legal matters surrounding the problems with Repop, the people at HE were unable to voice their side of the story, but needless to say, people that pay their bills wont get the electric switched off.

waynejr2 said:
    Meh.  Personally, getting tired of things being called sandbox/themepark when we can't agree what it means.  Especially after someone called WoW a sandbox.  It really is just another useless term to keep players apart.
    I suppose it is up to each player and each development team to decide what they think constitutes a sandbox. We believe it is open world play with no restrictions, content that doesnt fall inside the perceived norms of "pve and pvp". Sandbox doesnt mean keeping players apart, for us it means bringing players together in meaningful ways that immerse them into the games lore and world setting.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    edited May 2016

At no point has Hero Engine ever shut down. We and every other single development team on the platform have had no breaks or interuptions in our services. Unfortunately, due to the legal matters surrounding the problems with Repop, the people at HE were unable to voice their side of the story, but needless to say, people that pay their bills wont get the electric switched off.
    That's a flat out lie. And if you choose to lie on behalf of IF and promote them, you are just as bad as they are.
    It appears only the ones that were generating revenue using HE had their servers shutdown. Visions of Zosimos and The Repopulation went down at the same time during the "financial difficulty" aka IF loosing their 3rd party funding and cutting server costs.

Loss of service
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/11/04/the-repopulation-delayed-due-to-hero-engine-issues/
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/12/30/the-repopulation-rejects-blame-for-hero-engines-financial-struggles/
    http://us8.campaign-archive1.com/?u=860c5743436405618a1f6bfe8&id=9019208cf4

Bottom line: HE's revenue model doesn't work with nearly 0 launched HE games now and investors won't want to touch it. In my opinion, HE is an old and decrepit piece of software  with few unique advantages that don't outweigh the risks of this cloud service. IF will more likely go bankrupt before the next completion of an MMO on HE.
    mmoguy43 said:

That's a flat out lie. And if you choose to lie on behalf of IF and promote them, you are just as bad as they are.
    It appears only the ones that were generating revenue using HE had their servers shutdown. Visions of Zosimos and The Repopulation went down at the same time during the "financial difficulty" aka IF loosing their 3rd party funding and cutting server costs.

Loss of service
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/11/04/the-repopulation-delayed-due-to-hero-engine-issues/
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/12/30/the-repopulation-rejects-blame-for-hero-engines-financial-struggles/

Bottom line: HE's revenue model doesn't work with nearly 0 launched HE games now and investors won't want to touch it. In my opinion, HE is an old and decrepit piece of software  with few unique advantages that don't outweigh the risks of this cloud service. IF will more likely go bankrupt before the next completion of an MMO on HE.
    What part of it is a lie? VoZ jumped the gun on that post and quickly removed it and are still in development. Their servers never went down, nor did ours, nor did any other development teams servers go down other than Repop. I would defy you to find any other group that had their servers inaccessible for even 1 minute within the last 6 months. 

Go to the HE forums and ask if anyones servers went down. Better yet come and join us in the skype group developer support chat and ask anyone there if their servers went down.

Unless you were developing on the engine at that time, you do not have any actual idea of service status or what went on behind the scenes. We have been working on the engine for a few years now and have never seen an interruption of service (only for patch downtimes).

Speaking of patches, HE just released a large bug and content fixing patch in preparation for a total overhaul to DX11 and the new renderer. If you do not know the pertinent information, please hesitate to call people liars in the future.
    edited May 2016
    What part of it is a lie? VoZ jumped the gun on that post and quickly removed it and are still in development. Their servers never went down, nor did ours, nor did any other development teams servers go down other than Repop. I would defy you to find any other group that had their servers inaccessible for even 1 minute within the last 6 months. 

That's all I needed, thanks.
    Post edited by mmoguy43 on
  • AoHKrunAoHKrun Member CommonPosts: 3
    Looking good Exile!
    Its good to see the progress you guys have made.

Ignore the negativity,  I seem to recall us having a convo back in January about how opinions would fly when we began our publicity :)  No, Our dev servers never went down either, in fact, no ones did.  We'll be kicking our PR into gear soon as well.  If anyone has doubts, let them watch the proof.  This argument has been onesided since November.  This is not another game, this is Exile Online and you guys have worked your butts off every day.   Anyone who wants to debate HE let them go to the HE forums and learn something.

Keep Looking forward -->
    AoHKrun said:
    Looking good Exile!

Ignore the negativity,  I seem to recall us having a convo back in January about how opinions would fly when we began our publicity :)  No, Our dev servers never went down either, in fact, no ones did.  We'll be kicking our PR into gear soon as well.  If anyone has doubts, let them watch the proof.  This argument has been onesided since November.  This is not another game, this is Exile Online and you guys have worked your butts off every day.   Anyone who wants to debate HE let them go to the HE forums and learn something.

Keep Looking forward -->
    Brand new account. 1 post posted here within minutes of mine. Not at all suspicious, Prometheus. You do this on steam too?
    This only escalated because I could not let something untruthful slide. Go ahead and get back to work on the game. I'm done posting here.
    mmoguy43 said:
    AoHKrun said:
    Looking good Exile!

Keep Looking forward -->
    Brand new account. 1 post posted here within minutes of mine. Not at all suspicious, Prometheus. You do this on steam too?
    This only escalated because I could not let something untruthful slide. Go ahead and get back to work on the game. I'm done posting here.
    AoH is another project on HE that did not have any of the mythical server outages.
  • AoHKrunAoHKrun Member CommonPosts: 3
    mmoguy43 said:
    AoHKrun said:
    Looking good Exile!

Keep Looking forward -->

http://anvilofhonor.com/

Anvil of Honor is proud to support the efforts of Exile Online.

You are correct, we have not yet posted AoH on MMORPG.
    Wait a week or so :) 

Yes my account is new, I'm offering my support.

But this is not about AoH, this is exiles thread.
    Its also not about HE.
    While i respect your opinions, lets respect Exilie Onlines publicity thread, and
    keep our info related to what "They're" doing, rather than someone else.
    edited May 2016
    AoHKrun said:
    mmoguy43 said:
    AoHKrun said:
    Looking good Exile!

Keep Looking forward -->

http://anvilofhonor.com/

Anvil of Honor is proud to support the efforts of Exile Online.

You are correct, we have not yet posted AoH on MMORPG.
    Wait a week or so :) 

Yes my account is new, I'm offering my support.

But this is not about AoH, this is exiles thread.
    Its also not about HE.
    While i respect your opinions, lets respect Exilie Onlines publicity thread, and
    keep our info related to what "They're" doing, rather than someone else.
    Thanks Krun, but he did ask a question about the engine we are using, which i answered wholly and truthfully.

PS: You have 2 posts now :)
    edited May 2016

Loss of service

https://www.facebook.com/VisionsofZosimos/photos/a.300345380015213.66142.155284234521329/956682361048175/?type=3&comment_id=957831627599915&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22R0%22}

Just thought i would post this little tid bit.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Aethaeryn said:
    I like the setting.  Visually it isn't stunning (better than I could do of course).  For me game-play is what matters.  the PvP combat video didn't look so hot but I am guessing things will progress.  

I would love for this game to develop well.  I am a fan Akira, Syndicate and Deus Ex.
    Character models and effects have not been worked on in a major way yet, so expect some really rather enhanced graphics as development goes on. The PvP combat video does not currently show the full extent of what we have in mind as the skill system is still being worked over. We will of course keep all you Exiles out there updated.
    Oh yeah I assumed that.  I expect things to be rough around the edges.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• SarreneSarrene Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Nice Prometheus! I am glad to see that someone found your game! I am waiting for you to show off some of the other more exotic areas :)
  • CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    This game looks like it's exactly what I've been looking for - I've been waiting for a good cyberpunk MMORPG for some time now. However, looking at the game features, I'm not sure it would pass my litmus test of being able to play a non-combat character. Which, to be fair, isn't a test many games in the genre past. FFXIV and Eve Online are two of only a handful of games that do.

I find playing a hacker who outmaneuvers his opponents or the market mogul who bankrupts them to be much more engaging than a mercenary who simply mows them down.
    Cyrael said:
    This game looks like it's exactly what I've been looking for - I've been waiting for a good cyberpunk MMORPG for some time now. However, looking at the game features, I'm not sure it would pass my litmus test of being able to play a non-combat character. Which, to be fair, isn't a test many games in the genre past. FFXIV and Eve Online are two of only a handful of games that do.

I find playing a hacker who outmaneuvers his opponents or the market mogul who bankrupts them to be much more engaging than a mercenary who simply mows them down.
    Actually one of our main thoughts on how to make a real cyberpunk sandbox game means that non combat roles in the game world will indeed be larger than mere RP elements tacked onto the side. Actually taking control of game systems and shaping lore through the methods you mention will be a big part of what makes our world an actual cyberpunk adventure to play within.
    Check out the pre alpha teaser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7NhplTK2M
    Our Kickstarter is now live and active. Lets see what we can do. Any shares and likes on social media will greatly help. If you have any friends or fellow gamers that are into scifi or cyberpunk give them a headsup.

All backers are greatly appreciated. Thanks to all you Exiles out there.