Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirate Server Admins Invited to Blizzard Campus

12346»

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Hrimnir said:

2-5 million loved raiding did they?  2-5 million people loved 40 man raiding?. Back in vanilla the raiding community was a small percentage of the player base. Most people did not bother with it. I played wow since 2004 and the US beta, so I know what I am talking about and it's not just my *OPINION*.

The only thing I liked about VANILLA wow was the community, which was a lot better before xrealm and the introduction of exp gain into the bg's. Concerning the wailing about the death of world PVP. You know what world pvp meant, it was higher level toons killing lowbies and mostly legging it when peeps the same level arrived to help.

2-5 million. Yet Nostalrius only advertised themselves as having 850K accounts. Did you learn math via Abbott & Costello? Just curious. Because it's either that, or you're suggesting everyone who quit WoW in the last few years did so because they wanted vanilla...

Also, vanilla was absolutely horrible compared to modern WoW. Terrible class balance across the board, buggy content, simplistic raid mechanics, unbearable grinding, content gaps, unfinished zones and quests, spamming LFG for hours instead of actually playing... and yes, those are all facts. 

Abbott & Costello math lesson, in case anyone is curious: 

The amount of just plain obfuscation and intellectual dishonesty in both of these posts is apalling.  Seriously.

@nokkson you picked the 1 thing out of the list that you was true.  The guy you responded to mentioned raiding as ONE of the things that made vanilla wow great.

@Solar_Prophet See, this is what we call a Straw Man.  It's this type of fallacious argument where you set up an argument that someone else never even mentioned or suggested, and attack that argument instead of attacking the actual argument at hand.

Nostalrius first and foremost had the issue that it was illegal, and a substantive portion of people wouldn't play it for that reason alone. Secondarily, the number i was referring to was AT RELEASE and on up through BC. Obviously those people enjoyed the game as it exploded in numbers and was heralded as the second coming of Christ.

I'm really sick of the bullshit.  Honestly i'm just tired of it.

Anyone who argues that it wasn't illegal is an idiot.  Anyone who argues that there's no real demand for vanilla servers is an idiot.  Trying to take a hardline stance and do mental gymnastics to come to your conclusion, regardless of whether its on the far side of either argument, means you're an idiot.

Blizzard is absolutely correct to say that if they don't protect their IP they can lose it (in a manner of speaking).  However their unparalleled hubris telling players that "they are stupid and they don't REALLY want vanilla servers" is the height of arrogance.  Blizzard remaining utterly silent until they created a veritable shitstorm of negative backlash by shutting down Nostalrius and finally being FORCED to address the issue, once again shows arrogance.

Personally i blame the playerbase.  People have been blowing so much smoke up Blizzard's ass for so long that it rivaled a forest fire.  If you tell people they are gods walking on earth for long enough they start to believe it.
    Idiots who argue on the internet are idiots. You're an idiot. Everyone's a goddamn idiot.
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Do forum rules allow the details of existing private servers to be discussed?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Athisar said:
    Do forum rules allow the details of existing private servers to be discussed?

Only if the game was closed down or the exception is the Everquest server which is sanctioned by Daybreak games.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • subxaerosubxaero Member UncommonPosts: 94
    edited May 2016
    Hrimnir said:
    Haradeas said:
    Vanilla wow was great, no crappy expansions, no team finder, just old skool find a guild , clan, party by spamming the chat... 40 man raids were great.

This made me laugh. It looks like a child saying everything was super awesome.  WOW was severely limited back then, 40 man raids were not *great*. Vailla wow had terrible balance issues, many classes had OP abilities. I am an average pvp player, but with my MAGE I could easily kill any warrior, no matter how good they were.

I see so many people that felt special back then trying to grab that feeling back with *illegal* private servers. It's so sad tbh, some people just can't move on ;(

2-5 million people completely disagree with you.  But keep on spouting your opinion as fact.
      Thats not the case, just  because 3-4 million players still play WoW doesnt mean they consider better than vanilla/TBC/WOTLK thats completely irrelevant.

Majority of people in forums and many who still play the game with tokens,  barely enjoy the game..In my guild there are actually 2-3 who spent a lot of time in-game but thats propably because they started playing since Pandaria.THer emight be a small number whos till enjoys the game, that doesnt mean they coinsider it better than vanilla, it has nothing to do. For further info on the subject u can only do a poll and see how it goes