Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP MMORPG

GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
What mmorpg are you currently playing primarily for pvp?
Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...

Comments

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    BDO currently, formerly GW2, but I still jump into DAoC sometimes.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    CS:GO , but it isn't MMO .
  • AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    I never understood why people play MMORPG for pvp, why not create a MMOPVPG???
  • GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I've been playing Return of Reckoning for a few months now.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    DAOC,still the best IMO !  Only mmo with pvp that I continually go back to!
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    EVE and only EVE.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    I don't play MMORPG's for the PvP. PvP in an MMORPG should be the result of game choices not the reason to play. 

Far too many good PvP focused games out there to bother having to deal with the bad designs you get from MMORPG's. 
  • IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    edited April 2016
    I currently PvP in CS:GO but that aint rpg.  
    Last time i did some decent PvP was in SkyForge, Tera, Aion. Some other games that i have pvp'd are Lineage2, Age of Conan and ofcourse World of warcraft. BDO is pvp centered in the end game, but i personally find the pvp to be clowny in that game and good pvp is very important for me so BDO is a no go for me.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I'd like to play a great MMO with a decent PvP component, but I can't find one.

I do play ESO a little bit, but I've never actually PvP'ed in it.
  • SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    edited April 2016
    Krematory said:
    EVE and only EVE.
    Finally trying to get into eve Again. So far, its working, they really reworked the New player experience quite nicely. Also trying to join a good Alliance/Corp and guna try to get into this
    CFC v MBC war =]
    Trying to be apart of history here.
  • lynixslynixs Member CommonPosts: 3
    which mmorpg that so far good in pvp system? i thought BDO pvp system kinda boring
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    www.riseofagon.com

not one game touches the player skilled pvp mmorpg

come play with the pro's of pvp
  • lynixslynixs Member CommonPosts: 3
    edited April 2016
    www.riseofagon.com

i saw it and the graphics and combat system not quite good lol
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited April 2016
    Snakex said:
    Krematory said:
    EVE and only EVE.
    Finally trying to get into eve Again. So far, its working, they really reworked the New player experience quite nicely. Also trying to join a good Alliance/Corp and guna try to get into this
    CFC v MBC war =]
    Trying to be apart of history here.
    Welcome Back to EVE, glad to see more people joining up. Speaking of which you may find it a challenge to join in the current war effort as most participants have closed off recruiting for fear of spies.

Expect intense scrutiny from those that will and in my alliance they asked us to keep all new joiners on home defense and on limited intel until a reasonable period of time passes .

I don't PVP for "fun" in games, I fight wars with "consequences" in virtual worlds. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

lynixs said:
    www.riseofagon.com

you play mmorpg for pvp or grafhics?

believe me.. i played everything on the internet from f2p to p2p from UO to doac to gw2 you name it i played it..

the experience that darkfall offers is unique.. not one game offers the same thrill and excitment then darkfall does

if your a pvp freak and never played darkfall.. your missing out dude.. get an alpha key

Darkfall had potential, but it was massively empty and void - and never came into its own.
  • IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    lynixs said:
    www.riseofagon.com

believe me.. i played everything on the internet from f2p to p2p from UO to doac to gw2 you name it i played it..

the experience that darkfall offers is unique.. not one game offers the same thrill and excitment then darkfall does

if your a pvp freak and never played darkfall.. your missing out dude.. get an alpha key

I dont think someone can call theme selves a pvp freak and say that Darkfalls combat system doesnt look good.
    Darkfall is the only true PvP mmorpg (other then Mortal) that exists 
    Tab targeting isnt pvp its mob farming with advanced AI

Combat in Darkfall looks clunky as hell. Even ESO combat looks better (and that's not tab targeting either).
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    edited April 2016

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

DKLond said:
    Combat in Darkfall looks clunky as hell. Even ESO combat looks better (and that's not tab targeting either).
    are you really comparing soft targeting to server side projectile calculations?

combat in dfo is the best
    DKLond said:
    are you really comparing soft targeting to server side projectile calculations?

combat in dfo is the best
    I'm saying ESO combat isn't tab targeting either and looks better - that's all.

Archery and ranged magic combat was kinda neat in DFO, I agree, but that's not enough for me by a long shot.
  • d3ck3rd3ck3r Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Ikisis said:
    lynixs said:
    www.riseofagon.com

I dont think someone can call theme selves a pvp freak and say that Darkfalls combat system doesnt look good.
    Darkfall is the only true PvP mmorpg (other then Mortal) that exists 
    Tab targeting isnt pvp its mob farming with advanced AI
    Pvp isnt only tab targeting. There are much more aspects to count. 
    IMO the best pvp is still delivered by Daoc. And i am not talknig about ganking. Its at a larger scale where teamplay and group coordination, also knowing of your opponents class and how you play your class matters.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I am mainly a PvEer. But I have enjoyed PvP in: 

WoW
    SWG - at launch
    GW2
    SWTOR

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Right now I play World of Tanks and Warships for PvP.  Also some League of Legends, but those are all MOBA and not MMO.  Last MMO I played for PvP was Warhammer Online.  Waiting for something new, the Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade is starting to look like it might be the one.

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    xpowderx said:
    DAOC,still the best IMO !  Only mmo with pvp that I continually go back to!
    Im curious if i was to start playing this game to try to get into some pvp what server would i want to join? Live or private and is it worth still trying?

Ive recently tried Black Desert and why i do enjoy the game allot the pvp kind of sucks with all the penalties and stuff. 

Was also thinking of trying Return of Reckoning or maybe even Lineage 2 if anyone can chime in on if either of those are good options at this point id appreciate it.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick