Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You'll Either Fall in Love or Uninstall It Within a Week - ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageYou'll Either Fall in Love or Uninstall It Within a Week - ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds Review

ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds, is the latest game being brought West by Webzen. Recently closed down in its native Korea, there's nevertheless a lot to be enjoyed in this overall standard but beautiful theme park MMORPG. Today, we're putting a score on the Open Beta since it's not being wiped and is taking player money in the F2P game's cash shop.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    I think I have a better idea for the title:

ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds
    You'll either uninstall it within a week or it's server shutting down itself after a month.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • VichusSmithVichusSmith Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Looks like nothing special. It's hard to be unique in a field of gaming like MMOs

There's nothing more gratifying than playing an MMO for free.

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Can't they just make an Asia Grind MMORPG ? I think it will have better player base than this .
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    I'm actually surprised that I enjoyed this game :-), will definitely play more of Asta...I'm surprised cause i only enjoyed vanilla WoW, Vanguard and ArcheAge alpha
  • z0mb13n1njaz0mb13n1nja Member UncommonPosts: 27
    This game is crazy fun! Its also crazy p2w.
  • UruketoUruketo Member UncommonPosts: 55
    So tired of the Korean "me too" MMO's.

Uruketo, 70 Bard/Ninja/Warrior
    <Grievance> Free Company
    Final Fantasy XIV - Midgardsormr
    http://www.grievancegaming.com/

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    I could see from the gameplay videos that this would not be a game I would enjoy. So for me no need to install.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I rather like the game.  Yes, I'm putting more time in ESO than I am in ASTA, but I still enjoy it when I get the chance.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Nice game but I am waiting on Icarus. 
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Or you wont bother because you have a keen eye for gaming, cash shops, and all the gimmicky tricks on the table.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The community left in this game is pretty bad. That's what you get in a game with open world pvp end game. Got an archer up to level 30 and the game world feels like a single player game now. I never saw a game become so empty in a short period of time as this one. People just left so fast. I would be amazed if its still around after the summer.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    kertin said:
    I'm actually surprised that I enjoyed this game :-), will definitely play more of Asta...I'm surprised cause i only enjoyed vanilla WoW, Vanguard and ArcheAge alpha
    I agree, it has alot of core vanilla type features and the world has the feel of wanting to explore and feels quite vast and the open world dungeons can be quite reminiscent of more classic design for sure.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    It's hard to believe in the success of a game that was already shut down in its homeland.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Dakeru said:

It's hard to believe in the success of a game that was already shut down in its homeland.

Says a lot about the state of the mmo in the west.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i played it till level 30 orso.

Its actually pretty good for f2p game.. but its nothing new

combat speed is perfect..not too slow not to fast

• TafanoTafano Member CommonPosts: 4
    Rogue liv 38 in Asta, playing and enjoing the game so far. This game is a theme park that takes your hand with timed events (the pvp class fight hour, the dungeon hour, etc) and if u are lazy (like me) and simply want to join all this events you'll find people to play with, but if you want to do dungeons during the pvp hour is really hard to find a party. The only problem is the low popolation, but the game is really interesting and nice. I'm still having fun with it.
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    A little prosaic, but overall a fun title if you are 'MMO free' momentarily...
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't think you could ever fall in love with the game because it is VERY generic.
    However it is simple to play,a tight package and far i am concerned FREE.It is not a game i would login everyday expecting amazing fun,it is just a so so game that allows me to pass away a few minutes of extra time i might have without any headaches or the feeling that i got ripped off.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• renegeedrenegeed Member UncommonPosts: 55
    For me it was the second one, only instead of one week it was 15 minutes. :P
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

kertin said:

Well this statement has me clicking download lol.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    edited March 2016
    Just like Black Desert Online, PvP is dominated by BiS gear. Their is no balance.

Lackng customization. Playing both games looking like everyone else. Wildstar and GW2 spoiled me.

My overall experience has been positive, though.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    I enjoy it - review is pretty accurate I think. Solid game for what it is and the sub-professions are a nice addition. Treasure hunting can be pretty rewarding - I still have a bunch of maps that I have not been able to solve yet!
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    7.2 for a generic bag of cereal on the bottom shelf? I'm glad you and other's like it, but that's a hefty score for something that's like everything else.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

bamwalla said:

7.2 for a generic bag of cereal on the bottom shelf? I'm glad you and other's like it, but that's a hefty score for something that's like everything else.

I'll take Robotech over Transformers any day!!!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!