Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is something worse then PK killers

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Lvl 15 in Korean CBT /gulp. You think they might change it in the NA and European version ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Bloodaxes said:
    Or maybe it's about time we get a game with an open world system like Archeage and Black Desert have to offer but without the tedious and for me personally not fun open pvp.

It's not like we got a choice since there is no new mmo like that to play with such depth in the world and stuff to do before reaching endgame.
    Play Skyrim. 
    That type of response is what I'd expect from a child. We are in MMORPG.com not singleplayer.com.

Would it make you feel better if anytime you wished for a pvp game they told you to play counter strike/cod/moba/whatever?

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    sad
    Sovrath said:
    Ppiper said:
    Geez, this game sounds like fun, not. 
    I actually think it's a fun element.  However, not if a horse you worked hard to breed dies permanently.
    I don't believe horses die "permanently". Don't you just go to the stable and pay to "reinstate them"?
    Yep, you can get it back at the stable.
    Tammed horses when killed are perma dead
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    ArChWind said:
    sad
    Sovrath said:
    Ppiper said:
    I actually think it's a fun element.  However, not if a horse you worked hard to breed dies permanently.
    I don't believe horses die "permanently". Don't you just go to the stable and pay to "reinstate them"?
    So then purchased horses can still be raised?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RadixMalorumRadixMalorum Member UncommonPosts: 143
    I put my horse in a stable when I'm not using it. I usually run everywhere anyway to boost stamina.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Sovrath said:
    ArChWind said:
    sad
    Sovrath said:
    Ppiper said:
    Yes only SC horses can be raised
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited March 2016
    ArChWind said:
    Sovrath said:
    ArChWind said:
    sad
    Sovrath said:
    Ppiper said:
    But they don't sell mounts in the cash shop, do they?  So the only way to get one of these immortal mounts is through a package like the traveler's package?

What happens if you breed one of these immortal horses with a tamed horse?  Are they still immortal?

I also noticed something in the cash shop, a "Mount Revival reset coupon".  Is there a limited amount of times a mount can be revived or something?

Just curious because if mounts you worked hard on taming/breeding can be permanently killed, it might become a serious issue.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Bloodaxes said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Or maybe it's about time we get a game with an open world system like Archeage and Black Desert have to offer but without the tedious and for me personally not fun open pvp.

It's not like we got a choice since there is no new mmo like that to play with such depth in the world and stuff to do before reaching endgame.
    Play Skyrim. 
    That type of response is what I'd expect from a child. We are in MMORPG.com not singleplayer.com.

Would it make you feel better if anytime you wished for a pvp game they told you to play counter strike/cod/moba/whatever?
    Just saying if you want a large open world sandbox to PVE in, play Skyrim because there aren't any MMORPG options. Not sure why you're so hostile. You can play BDO until 45 without being bothered by PVP and there is plenty to do. Even if you quit at 45 it's worth playing. It's only $30. Give it a shot. I'd give you a guest pass, but someone already claimed it. 
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    You know the only time i ever paid a person in AA for killing is for my horse. Some asshole kept killing my horse again and again in cinder and kept laughing about it in shout, so i paid a KGB guy 200G to kill the asshole. I don't mind being farmed by high levels  for hours, i don't mind being killed at all, after all i am playing pvp mmorpg; you know the genre where the noble competitive nature of the term pvp is repeatedly raped; but not my horse or my mounts, they are my little babies.. :(. Curse you assholes who kill our mounts!!

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Torval said:
    I think it's cool that your horse can be killed. Would it annoy me if someone killed my horse? Yeah, but that's okay. BDO is a PVP sandbox. I know what I'm signing up for. It's good to have villains making people mad. Look at the Goons in EVE. Say what you will, but without the Goons/villains the game wouldn't be as fun.

Of course, if you're the type who is only interested in PVE, I can see how you would think otherwise. 
    It's good to have bad guys. It's bad when the penalties for being a bad guy are like a 5 minute daycare timeout. PvP in the west is totally carebear. People want to play the bastard. They don't want to pay the bastard penalty.

People don't understand why we keep getting so many PvP-centric MMORPGs from Asia not realizing that the culture of PvP in Asia is literally world's apart from the culture of PvP in the West.  Long explanation made short, if the PvP-centric players in Asia where as toxic, obnoxious and blood thirsty as the PvP-centric players in the West, Asia would have dropped PvP from their games a long time ago.  In Asia there is such a thing as integrity and consideration for their fellow players.  No such thing exists in the West.  It would be funny if it wasn't so shameful.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Isn't a PK Killer, a "player killer" killer?  sounds like those are the good guys. :)

I know you meant PKers, but I couldn't resist.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    Torval said:
    I think it's cool that your horse can be killed. Would it annoy me if someone killed my horse? Yeah, but that's okay. BDO is a PVP sandbox. I know what I'm signing up for. It's good to have villains making people mad. Look at the Goons in EVE. Say what you will, but without the Goons/villains the game wouldn't be as fun.

Of course, if you're the type who is only interested in PVE, I can see how you would think otherwise. 
    It's good to have bad guys. It's bad when the penalties for being a bad guy are like a 5 minute daycare timeout. PvP in the west is totally carebear. People want to play the bastard. They don't want to pay the bastard penalty.

People don't understand why we keep getting so many PvP-centric MMORPGs from Asia not realizing that the culture of PvP in Asia is literally world's apart from the culture of PvP in the West.  Long explanation made short, if the PvP-centric players in Asia where as toxic, obnoxious and blood thirsty as the PvP-centric players in the West, Asia would have dropped PvP from their games a long time ago.  In Asia there is such a thing as integrity and consideration for their fellow players.  No such thing exists in the West.  It would be funny if it wasn't so shameful.
    I remember someone in Lineage 2 (US version) trained some sort of summoned castle boss or some such thing onto one of the cities (want to say gludio)

It pretty much wasted most of the player stores in the city.

People were up in arms and kept asking "what do they do about this in korea". That's when one of the devs responded "they don't do things like this in Korea, they are too busy playing the game".

I also remember seeign a video where players sat their characters in a line so they could systematically receive buffs. That would never happen here.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    But they don't sell mounts in the cash shop, do they?  So the only way to get one of these immortal mounts is through a package like the traveler's package?

What happens if you breed one of these immortal horses with a tamed horse?  Are they still immortal?

I also noticed something in the cash shop, a "Mount Revival reset coupon".  Is there a limited amount of times a mount can be revived or something?

Just curious because if mounts you worked hard on taming/breeding can be permanently killed, it might become a serious issue.
    I can't seem to find anything about this thing about tamed horses dying permanently vs pearl mounts. Not saying it's false but if I can't find anyone complaining about it, it begs the question if it's really like that.

As for the revival reset coupon it's not like that. When your horse dies, there's a counter in their info window that shows how many times they died. That item resets it to 0. That's it.

Why it's so important? If you use your horse as a mount you have nothing to worry about. If you however plan to do horse races or taming, deaths diminish the horses stats. I read that horses that die to pvp don't take that toll tough. I could be wrong but that's what I found when I did a quick search on their forum.

Bloodaxes said:
    Play Skyrim. 

Just saying if you want a large open world sandbox to PVE in, play Skyrim because there aren't any MMORPG options. Not sure why you're so hostile. You can play BDO until 45 without being bothered by PVP and there is plenty to do. Even if you quit at 45 it's worth playing. It's only $30. Give it a shot. I'd give you a guest pass, but someone already claimed it. 
    As I said, that was a childish response. Not sure how you expected me to respond when you tell me to go play a singleplayer game when I'm talking about an open world sandboxy pve mmorpg.

That's like telling someone "Get gud scrub". You are not trying to make a discussion, you are simply telling attempting to piss them off. 

I already play the game btw.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    ArChWind said:
    Sovrath said:
    ArChWind said:
    sad
    Sovrath said:
    Ppiper said:

Where do you come up with shit like this ? .....any horse can be raised
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Bad.dog said:
    ArChWind said:
    Sovrath said:
    ArChWind said:
    sad
    Sovrath said:
    Ppiper said:

Where do you come up with shit like this ? .....any horse can be raised
    Yeah I asked Reddit and they also said this guy is full of it.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Torval said:

Wish I could put this as my signature. 

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Tabloid42Tabloid42 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    What a d*&k move,...I rarely PvP and would hate that.

But I am giggling at the site of a camp of murdered horses and the owners coming back like,..wtf?!

they should shoot the owner a warning window popUp or something.   

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Tabloid42 said:

But I am giggling at the site of a camp of murdered horses and the owners coming back like,..wtf?!

Ahh ahh ahh, that would be "hand holding", what's next, autopathing and quest markers?

O.o 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Tabloid42 said:

The icon of your horse flashes when its being attacked. You can also armor your horse, call it along with you, do combat on the back of it, and even choose not to ride it outside of p2p stables. 
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    its those bastards afraid to attack you and instead of attacking you they kill your horse....  

Actually i think they should put a big Karma pennalty on playerhorse killers..
    Wait, killing horses (and wagons) doesn't imply a karma penalty? Damn that sucks balls. I remember in Lineage II you'd get a slightly reduced (2/3rd) karma penalty when killing someones pet.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    edited March 2016
    And this is why in the American Old West it was a hangin' offense to kill or steal a mans horse. Not sure but I think in Australia also.
    Nope not in Australia. There were no sheriffs or Marshalls in the U.S. sense either.
  • RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Not being able to trade at all is way worse then any horse killing could ever be in my book.

"We don't want gold sellers, so we don't have trading!"
    What is next?
    "We don't want harassment, so we don't have chats!"

Why does every game that looks promissing have some totally stupid things that kill it right away :(

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Not being able to trade at all is way worse then any horse killing could ever be in my book.

"We don't want gold sellers, so we don't have trading!"
    What is next?
    "We don't want harassment, so we don't have chats!"

Why does every game that looks promissing have some totally stupid things that kill it right away :(
    They don't, you are building your own self imposed  well of despair.

Focus on the positives, you'll have more fun in life if you do.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    What you expect  from F2P world pvp game :D