Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What additional features would you like Darkfall to have?

Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
edited February 2016 in Darkfall
I may return to Darkfall because the islands on the periphery enabled me to play solo.

However, I may not return because it's possible that new content may not be added. I feel that all MMORPGs should have new content added continuously in order to make the long-term grind more fun.

If new content was added, what should the priority be?

If you've read all the options and you have a different suggestion, I would look forward to hearing it!
Post edited by Mors.Magne on

Comments

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    I voted for more islands on the periphery for solo play because I know it works.
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    I like the game how it was but I voted for graphics since it was the choice closest to re-doing the running and mount riding animations, I'm not a graphics whore but those animations were pretty bad... 
  • exiled_childexiled_child Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I would like to see a monarchy system instead of a clan. Such as the game asherons call. Where as a low lvl peon everything you do earns your leader xp or money, and so on up the chain to the leader.
  • ikaikaikaponoikaikaikapono Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I just want to be back in dfo.  I'll take any updates that come, as long as it doesn't ruin the pvp combat, that was the focus of the game.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    I just want to be back in dfo.  I'll take any updates that come, as long as it doesn't ruin the pvp combat, that was the focus of the game.

Be very careful what you wish for. The new Darkfall Unholy Wars is far more dedicated to PvP than the original one ever was, and people's enthusiasm towards the new Darkfall UW seems to be much less than towards the original Darkfall.

One important difference is that the original Darkfall enabled a solo PvE career because of the geography of the world. In contrast, Darkfall UW is often likened on these forums as a group PvP arena only.
  • HyldHyld Member CommonPosts: 1

Be very careful what you wish for. The new Darkfall Unholy Wars is far more dedicated to PvP than the original one ever was, and people's enthusiasm towards the new Darkfall UW seems to be much less than towards the original Darkfall.

One important difference is that the original Darkfall enabled a solo PvE career because of the geography of the world. In contrast, Darkfall UW is often likened on these forums as a group PvP arena only.
    I am not sure if you have played DFO but it had a pvp system 10 times better than DFUW; DFUW is not bad (especially compared to other so called fps) DFO beats down any other one on one or group vs group fps non tab based  game that has ever been made; on top of that there were battles with thousands of players; problem was that it was very poorly managed; this will hopefully change with Rise of Agon and Darkfall new Dawn.
  • kdchankdchan Member UncommonPosts: 79
    All the features listed in the New Dawn roadmap are amazing.
    The nextgen sandbox
    Crowfall - LiF: MMO - Darkfall: New Dawn
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    the monarchy system sounds like a good idea,if done correctly would be ideal for darkfall,i did think the world needed filling out when i played ie roaming mobs/more random buildings and stuff but tbh i wouldnt change too much.av tried that and it failed.
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    edited March 2016
    I think what we all want is DFO but improved; meaining the combat as it was but more features and content added to the game and a better new player experience.

We don't want it devolving into Unholy wars but many of us realize that the game needs more specilizations and nerf to master of all trades/fire magic playstyle hybrids without the harsh limitations of a small hot bar via Unholywars.

MurderHerd

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Theres one feature I'd like to see it lose: FFA PVP
  • IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Go play any other game released, thanks for wasting a post in the thread

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

You couldnt be more wrong. DFUW was terrible and a step backwards in every way.

• SerignuadSerignuad Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Gyva02 said:
    I like the game how it was but I voted for graphics since it was the choice closest to re-doing the running and mount riding animations, I'm not a graphics whore but those animations were pretty bad... 

I've long held to the theory/thought that Animations are at least, equally as important than Graphics.

I believe game developers have it backwards by focusing too much on graphics and not putting in the work on their animations.

Great animations can make up for poor graphics in way that graphics cant make up for poor animations (in my opinion).

Graphics can make a world beautiful.

Animations make it breath and give it personality. 

We need to start thinking of MMO's as we do music or literature or the movies. There is not one MMO or one game that will be universally satisfactory to everyone's taste. MMO's don't come in one genre just as books or music doesn't come in one genre. Change and innovation is a good thing in the MMO industry just as it is in literature and music, but every MMO doesn't need to push the envelope or be cutting edge to be "good" or fun. It just needs to be good. The same is true for music. The same is true for books or for movies. Music evolves. MMO's evolve. Storytelling evolves. And in doing so, it doesn't make obsolete or not enjoyable everything that's been done before. 
  • MarioLemieuxMarioLemieux Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Yeah, so it's just like every other shit mmos out there.