Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for those that play

DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
I just started playing and i'm enjoying the game. I didn't think i would but i am. In mmo's i always play the healer role and dcuo is no different. I'm only lvl 12 atm. My question is related to the u.i. When i'm healing in a dungeon and using my Hot's i don't see them on the u.i and am not sure how to track them. Maybe i'm missing something here?  
I can't post to the dcuo forums cause they won't let me for some reason. New account or something maybe.

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    I just started playing and i'm enjoying the game. I didn't think i would but i am. In mmo's i always play the healer role and dcuo is no different. I'm only lvl 12 atm. My question is related to the u.i. When i'm healing in a dungeon and using my Hot's i don't see them on the u.i and am not sure how to track them. Maybe i'm missing something here?  
    I can't post to the dcuo forums cause they won't let me for some reason. New account or something maybe.
    Its been a long while since I played, but your HoT's should show after you cast them on the player they are healing, and for the amount you're healing them for.  To understand this a bit better, you're saying that when you're in certain alerts, you don't see this?  Or is it something else?

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    I think i figured it out. It seems that when i cast a spell, the duration of the hot is exactly the duration of the actual cast/animation.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    I think i figured it out. It seems that when i cast a spell, the duration of the hot is exactly the duration of the actual cast/animation.
    Oh yes!  They changed that a while back.  They used to allow for animation canceling, but now, at least for many skills, HoT looks more like a channeled heal.  Some nature heals should still HoT without the animation though.