Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SteamVR Games Available with OSVR Software - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageSteamVR Games Available with OSVR Software - MMORPG.com News

Razer has announced the availability of several titles by OSVR, an open software and hardware platform for virtual reality that was co-founded by Razer.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I'll stick with Oculus Rift... I do not play any of the games listed above and I'm sure every game will try to get on a cross VR platform if they can.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Interesting, worth looking into. I love open platforms.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

Ratero said:

I'll stick with Oculus Rift... I do not play any of the games listed above and I'm sure every game will try to get on a cross VR platform if they can.

OSVR is intended as a development platform. You build with OSVR and play on Oculus, SteamVR, etc. The ability to play already made games is awesome and makes the $300 price tag very enticing. From what I've read, most if not all SteamVR games (HTC Vive) will work for the OSVR, though I have no real proof. This does not mean that a game intended for Oculus will never work for the OSVR, but that it wont be because of the Oculus dev kit, it will be because of the community making it happen.

Oculus is not a cross VR platform, if that is what you meant. Nothing against your choice, just checking.
  • holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Steam is a open platform,  all VR can play on steam.  Other VR headsets can't play on oculus store.