Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Reborn

BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
Installing this now going to give it a try.

https://swgreborn.com/forums/index.php

They have a write up on it over on http://massivelyop.com/tag/star-wars-galaxies/

Maybe we can setup a new Category for it later if it makes it. Right now they only have a test server and it is taking forever to install. But i still miss the game and hope this really takes off. Now this I will fund with my wallet because it is already a proven hit before certain developers destroyed it. B)

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Great info for fans.  I thought this type of thing was illegal around here and would get your knuckles wrapped with a wooden ruler. 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I prefer the Bloodfin server. Pre-cu

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited September 2015
    flizzer said:
    Great info for fans.  I thought this type of thing was illegal around here and would get your knuckles wrapped with a wooden ruler. 
    Yep thought same but with SOE selling to Daybreak and with MassivelyOP doing a write up for it I am guessing it is cool now.

I hope MMORPG.com looks into it and does a write up now. <3
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Brenics said:
    flizzer said:
    Yep thought same but with SOE selling to Daybreak and with MassivelyOP doing a write up for it I am guessing it is cool now.

Maybe if they throw some money MMORPG way.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Man I miss this game so much, might give this a try again.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GuRu39GuRu39 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    revelationonline.net is the best one I have played on thus far. Holos, a little XP twitch and special events without the drama you get on the other EMUs that I have played on. I am From Chilastra "Live" and we have SiN City alive and kicking on Dant. Just msg Thornes to get an invite to a fun guild and get started.
  • couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114
    edited January 2016
    Why not go with this one? 1400+ players, never see it below 1000.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Why not go with this one? 1400+ players, never see it below 1000.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php
    Least buggy of them all but also with the least content. No jedi's so no full bh's, and no JTL.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Playing SWTOR now, would rather be playing SWG.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Alice82Alice82 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Tokken said:
    Playing SWTOR now, would rather be playing SWG.
    could try https://swghope.com/forums/showthread.php?79-Project-Prepares-to-Launch-Indominus-Server when it launches. progress is pretty far into GU22
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2017
    Brenics said:
    flizzer said:

If anything,the law should protect consumers from devs who just shut games down for various reasons.That is fine if you no longer feel the game is viable but you should not handcuff consumers from still playing the game.

This was extremely evident when SOE shut down it's TCG.No way in hell that game should have been shut down,it had a ton of potential,way better overall structure than Hearthstone right now.
    I could see how cheap and lazy SOE was,they did not want to put any time/cost/effort into bug fixing and that is why they shut it down,they saw the maintenance was too high.Should be no surprise all their games were full of bugs,you just can't get away with it in a TCG that relies on steady everyday/minute money.

It was also noted by the European Union that decided this was unfair and that gamer's could still play shut down games.The controversy came over servers but to me that is retarded,of course you need a server to play a server designed game...geesh.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Wizardry said:
    I could see how cheap and lazy SOE was,they did not want to put any time/cost/effort into bug fixing and that is why they shut it down,they saw the maintenance was too high.

Shutting it down might have had more to do with losing the licence in favor of SWoTR.
    Hatefull

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Torval said:
    Wizardry said:
    Brenics said:
    flizzer said:

If anything,the law should protect consumers from devs who just shut games down for various reasons.That is fine if you no longer feel the game is viable but you should not handcuff consumers from still playing the game.

This was extremely evident when SOE shut down it's TCG.No way in hell that game should have been shut down,it had a ton of potential,way better overall structure than Hearthstone right now.
    I could see how cheap and lazy SOE was,they did not want to put any time/cost/effort into bug fixing and that is why they shut it down,they saw the maintenance was too high.Should be no surprise all their games were full of bugs,you just can't get away with it in a TCG that relies on steady everyday/minute money.

It was also noted by the European Union that decided this was unfair and that gamer's could still play shut down games.The controversy came over servers but to me that is retarded,of course you need a server to play a server designed game...geesh.
    I agree that there should be some consumer resolution for online game services shuttering. The consumer puts hundreds or thousands of dollars into a game over the years and on a whim the game and service can be shuttered. I'm not talking about Vanilla WoW but games like CoH, Lineage, SWG, AutoAssault, etc. where the service was removed or retired.
    Sorry ;) just had to.

TheScavenger

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee