Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noob Questions

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420
Hi there, I have looked about but was hoping to get someone who has played a version of this game for the following questions:

How immersive would you say the world is? Fluff items like flying butterflys, people going about their daily lives, that you can watch and follow, little things to make the world feel "alive"? 

Whats the level cap? 

Are there achievements in the game?  Feats of Strength (Like having the Master Founder pack, nobody else would get it)

Could someone say it has the "wow" (no pun) factor to keep people playing do "just one more quest"? 

Easy to find groups? Dungeons?

Do you feel as though you are a part of the world making a difference or just another number grinding the quests and not even reading them? 

Seasonal Events

Constant and varied updates - new dungeons, new questlines/adventures and loot/creatures?

Many thanks in advance! 

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    If you want it to be - it's a quest grind. Even if you mix other things in, there are still grind elements to it.
    Now pvp - and some will see this as the main attraction of the game - and as usual it can be good or not.

Good - get the right classes on one v one fights and it can be excellent - but so can many other games.
    Get ganked/zerged - and what's new?

I'd go for the traditional advice:
    It costs nothing to try out - have a go at the different classes, find the one that you like best and give it some time.

Roles: Tank and dps - there's no specific healer class. The standard phraseology with this is the "everyone is now reliant on looking after themselves"
    Well, they where before as healers where never miracle workers - just the blame target in some instances.
    Nothing much will change though, there'll be a mix of player abilities, blame will still be cast around.

I do prefer games with healer classes (which I love playing), but I'll try a few others again (Korean version played for a while), and see if one can eventually hook me.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

Since I am not able to make my own posts yet I will ask in this post that seems to fit my noob question -

Am I right in understanding this game has absolutely no character customization/development outside of gear?  And just to clarify I do not mean superficial customization such as looks, but functional such as skill trees, feats, skill points, something?

• JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    @blamo2000 ;
    the skill tree customization is very theme park, but you also have a soul shield which you can customize quite intensively, you have various outlying factors to take into account outside of gear,  everything has a ratio and interacts with your character differently, so to say its themepark wouldnt be the correct words to describe it, but it is much more then your common mmo
    @blamo2000 ;
    the skill tree customization is very theme park, but you also have a soul shield which you can customize quite intensively, you have various outlying factors to take into account outside of gear,  everything has a ratio and interacts with your character differently, so to say its themepark wouldnt be the correct words to describe it, but it is much more then your common mmo

Just to make sure I understand (as I think of themepark as a questing system and not having anything to do with character customization) - so there is a skill tree and some customization outside of gear?  Is it comparable to another game, such as Wildstar or ESO, or WoW when they had talent trees? 
  • JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    i would say its comparable to 9dragons system where you level up skills and such like that, and yes there is a skill tree for each class
    i would say its comparable to 9dragons system where you level up skills and such like that, and yes there is a skill tree for each class

Thank you very much for the answer and clarification.
  • swordmindswordmind Member CommonPosts: 2
    Greeting!
     This is my first post here. I registered my account today! I have yet played any online game, so I am not familiar with online gaming. Blade and Soul is the very first online game that I find attractive, and am thinking about give it a try. I do have some questions though, so if anyone can help it would be so appreciated! The game has been released in Korea and China for a long time. It was made available in these two territories in the year of 2012 and 2013. However, the Northern American edition will be released this month. If I registered and downloaded my "Blade and Soul" account in either Korea or China site, will I be able to meet players from America or Europe and play with them? And, I thought this game is a 100% Korean blooded MMO RPG. However, I recently just saw a YouTube video review about this game. It says that the game was developed by some legendary Final Fantasy maker and team of Bloodlust! Isn't Final Fantasy a Japanese game? Is it true that there is a Final Fantasy developer involved in the making of Blade and Soul? Just want to clarify this!  

Thanks everyone!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Whats the dungeons like? Hard, easy? Pugable? Or do you need to reliable team? Are there many of them? Anything thats cool about their dungeons pls? Anyone able to help?
  • CatibrieCatibrie Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Is there housing? Also is there an appearance tab?
  • killahinstinctkillahinstinct Member UncommonPosts: 28
    swordmind said:
    Greeting!
     This is my first post here. I registered my account today! I have yet played any online game, so I am not familiar with online gaming. Blade and Soul is the very first online game that I find attractive, and am thinking about give it a try. I do have some questions though, so if anyone can help it would be so appreciated! The game has been released in Korea and China for a long time. It was made available in these two territories in the year of 2012 and 2013. However, the Northern American edition will be released this month. If I registered and downloaded my "Blade and Soul" account in either Korea or China site, will I be able to meet players from America or Europe and play with them? And, I thought this game is a 100% Korean blooded MMO RPG. However, I recently just saw a YouTube video review about this game. It says that the game was developed by some legendary Final Fantasy maker and team of Bloodlust! Isn't Final Fantasy a Japanese game? Is it true that there is a Final Fantasy developer involved in the making of Blade and Soul? Just want to clarify this!  

Thanks everyone!
    you will have to download and register an account from here http://www.bladeandsoul.com/ if you want to play on NA/EU
    there are separate launchers for other regions meaning that you wont be able to play on NA/EU if you download Taiwan version or the Japanese Version
  • swordmindswordmind Member CommonPosts: 2
    swordmind said:
    Greeting!

Thanks everyone!
    you will have to download and register an account from here http://www.bladeandsoul.com/ if you want to play on NA/EU
    there are separate launchers for other regions meaning that you wont be able to play on NA/EU if you download Taiwan version or the Japanese Version
    Hi Sir, Ma'm. Thank you very much for the information, I very much appreciate it. However, if I first started playing this game on non-American site, can I transfer the progress saved to NA should I decide to register a new account and play on NA site? Or, do I have to start over from the first stage/dungeon of this game?
  • burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420
    edited January 2016
    No, you would have to register a new account mate, the two versions are not compatible, Hope this helps clarify.
  • cobradirectorcobradirector Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Hello all! I wonder if there will ever be an archer class?