Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : The Hive Five - The Top 5 Games of 2015 - TheHiveLeader

2»

Comments

• SaviorsHandSaviorsHand Member UncommonPosts: 26
    BillMurphy said:
    It's Hive's personal top 5. If he didn't think any of the new MMOs or expansions were in the top 5, that's his prerogative. 

Queue the Bobby Brown.....
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I do have to agree that single player games have been better than the MMO world but some of those games are bleh.

Rocket League,yes i follow all the gaming scene closely and i have seen people excited over it but for me ,it is a really cheap game doing nothing to excite me.If someone installed it on my pc for me and told me all other games are shut down for two years,i would be like ,oh well guess no gaming for 2 years.

HOF:I can see why someone might like it,but not to a top 5 ,it is not that good.

Unchartered:Yes very good series of games.Got the gun part right,since when do you see bullets firing like laser lights?

Witcher:Yes of course a very good game which further makes Rocket League look ridiculous as a top game,there is absolutely no comparing Witcher and RL

Yes it is the OP's list,he is entitled to his opinions and likes,just some odd choices in there.I will be 100% honest,i really expected to see Trove in there,not because it is a good game but just well you know why lmao.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Jfc. Whats wrong with this list? Nothing. He was told to do a top 5 of 2015. If there wasnt any MMO that got into top 5 then fine. I rather see this honest list then anything else. Well done Hive!!! And funny as usuall. And happy new year as well. Let's hope for some MMOs for your top 2016 list. ;)
  • RavensworthRavensworth Member UncommonPosts: 78
    BillMurphy said:
    It's Hive's personal top 5. If he didn't think any of the new MMOs or expansions were in the top 5, that's his prerogative. 

The Genre has changed. MMORPG is covering the changing Genre and doing it well. Hive like many of us(me Included) played a bunch of these games instead of the new MMO's this year.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Many of us dont come here for that , we come here for news and iNfo on MMORPGs as was orginally intended , so its our perogative to think his top 5 are terrible choices...
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Maybe this post by HiveLeader really are telling us that it is time to find another source for the news of the MMORPG's. There actually WERE MMO's published in 2015, MMORPG just didnt report on those...
  • ErapturaEraptura Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Very enjoyable list. I've played all of these games and totally agree with you. Although you seem to enjoy your PS4 more than your PC lately. And as a PS4 owner and a father I can see why is that.

Pls continue making thses videos either MMO or not... I love your honesty in them.
    If you ever stop making them I will hunt you down and ...... force you to do more of these videos, OK?
    Just kidding ... or not!

Thank you for the time you spent in these. Happy New Year!!!!
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    Many of us dont come here for that , we come here for news and iNfo on MMORPGs as was orginally intended , so its our perogative to think his top 5 are terrible choices...

When you go to a grocery store for a product they've been out of for months, and they tell you there is none coming in soon, do you keep checking every day if it came in? 

Stupid comparsion , there was no lack of MMOPG exp and releases to review , do you need them listed or can you manage on yer own , not surprised you are missing the point ...
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

When you go to a grocery store for a product they've been out of for months, and they tell you there is none coming in soon, do you keep checking every day if it came in? 

No, you shop at another store.
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

Stupid comparsion , there was no lack of MMOPG exp and releases to review , do you need them listed or can you manage on yer own , not surprised you are missing the point ...

It's a personal list - clearly stated in the video

The video even tells you that there are no MMOs listed. 

All of this was clearly stated.

And I am missing the point? 

Heh

yes you are heh
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    I agree with the dissent on this. People come here to read about MMORPG news and developments. In particular I don't believe it's terribly unreasonable to expect that an "best of the year" summary should probably focus on MMOs? Not some sophomoric, "If you don't like it, tough luck" statement. Hiveleader I enjoy your reviews but you are starting getting a bit too big for your hoverboard pal. Don't forget your bread and butter: your readers first. Or you'll begin to lose those that enable you to create your clever columns. And Bill, seriously? End of 2015 summary. 4 easy words for an MMO site editor to understand.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Chaserz said:
    I agree with the dissent on this. People come here to read about MMORPG news and developments. In particular I don't believe it's terribly unreasonable to expect that an "best of the year" summary should probably focus on MMOs? Not some sophomoric, "If you don't like it, tough luck" statement. Hiveleader I enjoy your reviews but you are starting getting a bit too big for your hoverboard pal. Don't forget your bread and butter: your readers first. Or you'll begin to lose those that enable you to create your clever columns. And Bill, seriously? End of 2015 summary. 4 easy words for an MMO site editor to understand.
    But it's not a "best of the year" from everything released. It's the games that he thought were "best". 

DMKano's comparison about the grocery store is apt.

There just aren't a lot of mmo's being released every year. And in "scary news" how many large mmo's are even being developed?

We have some indy games being developed but of course we constantly hear the "AAA games are only about requiring more money, we want developers to concentrate on making great games/wait a minute, this game looks like sh*t, animations suck, graphics suck we want them to look like AAA games".

It makes sense that any company will want to stay in business so "once again" they branched out to games that are tangentially related.

As far as Hive leader's list, he isn't being "too big for his hoverboard" he is saying that because the site has some room for other games he has made a list of the things that excited him the most. He wasn't stating "this has no mmo's" to throw it in the face of his "readers" but to give a "heads up" and plainly state that for those who are expecting mmo's he has none to offer".

He wasn't excited about the expansions. Should he just throw them in "just because"? Is that what we want? Throw something in to satisfy some requirement, not because it's worth anything. That's almost as bad as a site that throws in positive comments on games because advertisers ask them to.

Is that what we as a community want? Someone to say to the contributors "well, x developers has paid us a lot of money so add their expansion pack to the list ..."? Or, "this is an mmo site so let's say something is best because we have to mention something mmo releated even if it wasn't that exciting to the writer?

Heck, even Massively Ovepowered has non-mmo games and not "massively" games.

Change is coming in the mmo landscape. We can all either adapt or move on. 

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495
    DMKano said:

GrumpyHobbit said:
    This website has really lost it's way.

So because a single article is not to your liking the entire website has lost it's way.

I guess every article should be blessed by you first before posting on this site?

Or maybe you can start your own site.

You post a lot but you rarely seem to say much. While I enjoyed this article even though it didn't cover MMOs... I actually agree with the poster you are slamming. Did that guy say that because of this single article, the site had lost it's way? No. You made that assumption quite easily though. I believe because (at least in part) 2015 sucked for MMOs that in order to remain a site that gets regular visits, MMORPG.com had to broaden their scope and accept articles that were about neither RPGs nor MMOs. That said, I do believe this site has lost its way and should probably consider changing its name to reflect the scope change.
  • dgmakodgmako Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I find it refreshing that someone can tell it like it is, if there were no "Top MMO's" to cover, than surely there cannot be MMO's in the list. Now if any of you can come up with a single MMO that was released in 2015 and is worth being on a "Top games of 2015" list please by all means share the wealth. I tried, and could not come up with any.

When I look at the most anticipated games of 2015, I find a lot of games that never made it, or that were pushed to 2016, or they simply were not good enough to make it to a Top list.

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    edited January 2016
    HiveLeader said : "I could. But it wouldn't be a "Top MMOs list of 2015" - It'd be a "MMOs that happened to come out and also didn't close down in 2015"

Guess we are just going to wait for HiveLeader to actually DO that!! :)
    Could be an interesting list for once... At least gotta LOVE that title!! :)
  • JakkGrimmJakkGrimm Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Screw the Haters "Hive", keep up the good work!

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    The only thing I got from this video is to never have children. I won't compromise my entertainment for the sake of not scarring a young gremlins mind.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    I agree with Sir.HiveLeader! Then again I am a fanboy :-)

gg wp!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    JakkGrimm said:

Damn right, everyone who doesn't agree to some other's opinion is a hater! Screw them all!

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Good article. I frequent many games, across all genres, But i really only visit this site. I dont see the problem with covering other genres, especially since he gave everyone a disclaimer. You can always just skip an article that you dont like, like the posters in the top of the thread.

Would you guys rather no new articles when there's no mmorpgs to write about,
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Volgore said:
    JakkGrimm said:

Damn right, everyone who doesn't agree to some other's opinion is a hater! Screw them all!

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he had named MMO's that the same people would still be complaining about his choices, as that's what some people do around here, latch on to whatever they can be negative about..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

If he had named any mmo's then you woulda had people saying it was paid favoritism.  Cant win with some people no matter what you do.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • wytchfyrewytchfyre Member UncommonPosts: 8
    i enjoy all of hiveleaders reviews even on non mmo's...