Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy IX Announced for PC & Mobile Devices - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• songofdeath1songofdeath1 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    @Wizardry ;final fantasy 7 remake is also good.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    The only other good FF game after VII, excluding the MMOs of course. I just hope the port is decent this time around.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    I think I remember this one. There was a frog? And that black mage dude I see around alot still to this day? And that dragon which always killed me.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited January 2016
    Akulas said:
    I think I remember this one. There was a frog? And that black mage dude I see around alot still to this day? And that dragon which always killed me.

Frog I think you mean Quina. Well he certainly looks odd but you find him near a place with frogs. (He's the blue mage)

The black mage dude is Vivi and he's the best.

The dragon I think you are talking about the green dragon random encounter? Yes, he's nasty when you are lower level. Don't forget about the Malboros tough, they are worse if they hit you with bad breath.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    exile01 said:
    I jsut cant say it enough. The last great Final Fantasy made before the crapwave came.
    12 was good in my opinion, it was like Final Fantasy tactics style.  And I hope you are not including 11 and 14.

12 introduced the crossdressing, gayisch looking mainchars and the most horrible combat system that many ff adapted after. 12 did split the whole final fantasy fanbase into- dissapointed oldschoolers- and the newcomers (new generation). Nothing was good about 12- FF10 was the last disastrous FF for me. I followed the others but never played them- and i played all from ff1 to ff10.
    What? FF12 incorporated the art style and combat style of final fantasy tactics AND Vagrant story.

If you don't know what Vagrant story is, or didn't like it then it's obvious you would find the 12th not that good in your eyes. For the rest of us that enjoyed both of those games, the game is fine.

Sure the story is crap but the 12 made the franchise into an adventure with all the hidden bosses, rare equipment and rich world. Also it's one of the few final fantasies where you can toon (Equip) the main character however you want instead of being forced to use what square enix decides for you.

exile01 said:
    the last great final fantasy ever made. All others that followed after that were a huge dissapointment.

Hell No!!! Many FF fans including me LOVE FFX and consider that the best. And FFXI I forget this one the best game ever made for me not just FF related.
    FFX was the first FF on the PS2- those who had a Nintendo before and loved rpgs- got the FFX bundle.
    Im not saying FFX was that bad- but it didnt have the depth and the love that the other FF had. It was also the first FF that had no real world but that craptastic map-travel system. Le se nuk po dishe shka esht mire.
    edited January 2016
    Bloodaxes said:
    What? FF12 incorporated the art style and combat style of final fantasy tactics AND Vagrant story.

If you don't know what Vagrant story is, or didn't like it then it's obvious you would find the 12th not that good in your eyes. For the rest of us that enjoyed both of those games, the game is fine.

Sure the story is crap but the 12 made the franchise into an adventure with all the hidden bosses, rare equipment and rich world. Also it's one of the few final fantasies where you can toon (Equip) the main character however you want instead of being forced to use what square enix decides for you.
     Dont compare vagrant story- a masterpiece- to FF12 please!
    Like i stated before, i never played FF12. The dressing was one thing that messed up the ff franchise. Look at FFX-2. Barby World.
    Rare equipment, rich world, hidden bosses- like the others FF didnt have all that :awesome: 
    except there wasnt a rich world since it was fully instanced- compared to other ff- wich had a real world.
    edited January 2016
    Well if you haven't played it how would you know? Just saying.

It's like those people that say FF9 is bad because the characters look goofy. They haven't played the game, yet they deem they know enough to say if the game is good or not based on the looks.

Sure the guards looked like star wars units but the crew's clothes didn't look that bad, specially Balthier who is classy as fuck. To me, FF12 tried to be like Last Remnant which has many random chances on getting stuff. I have a friend who downloaded a guide to see what you need to do to unlock/find x gear, which monster can drop x item, so on and so forth. To me the game felt open despite the loading screens between each map because it had many paths to go trough and didn't feel linear unlike most games in the franchise.

I saw another friend hunting for a Bomb boss which he told me it was annoying to spawn and it could drop a very good piece of equipment which of course is rare. I'm not saying it's the best final fantasy, on the contrary it's not (Story wise), but it's not a bad game either and I will eagerly await for an HD PC port.

Lets say i know people that grew up with me that played at least the same amount of RPGs like me and that i trust their opinion more then any reviewer on the inet.