Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO Do You Want Remade? - General News

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
edited December 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat MMO Do You Want Remade? - General News

Today's Daily Quest is one I expect we'll see a lot of the same answers for, but I'll ask it anyway. If you could pick any MMO, live or canceled, which one would you see remade for today and how would you change it?

Read the full story here

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    SWTOR make it more like ESO.. Open world, no tab / limited tab combat, and limited questing in confined areas (aside from dungeons).
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Tabula Rasa - I only discovered it a month before it was shut down. I liked the game as it was made and played...
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    None right now, I'm still content playing World of Warcraft, so I don't really want my attention divided. Maybe once blizzard stops adding to WoW, I will vote for a WoW remake, all the wow clones don't count because they are missing the wow lore. Until someone makes a game with an honest value, no cash shop schemes, and focus on the rp ( the ever changing rp) why cant we get there? I will just play one mmorpg.
  • SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    FFXI the way it was till level 75 cap when it was the only mmorpg and no solo at all. 
  • MatheoSMatheoS Member CommonPosts: 1
    Cabal online
    -delete all cabalshop items beside costumes
    -no events with gear
    -delete money fee from auction house
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Earth and Beyond
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    WAR.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• GreyedGreyed Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Asheron's Call. Single large continent with no zones, classless leveling system, meaningful but not harsh death penalty. To be honest about the only thing they should scrap from the original was the magic system. It was great for its time but 10 minute macroed buff times every 30-40 minutes got out of hand. Still keep the same theme but make it far more streamlined; like each buff lowering the max mana cap while maintained or some such.

Not just another pretty color.

• wraithen454wraithen454 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Tabular Rasa ....man I miss that game
  • RariusRarius Member CommonPosts: 10
    Lineage 2
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Lord of the Rings Online. I would have preferred them to make a different type of game.

2nd choice is Vanguard.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Age of Wushu. I want an western developer to clone it w/o a cash shop and cash to gold conversion.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RenditRendit Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Dark Age of Camelot , Warhammer Online, Ultima Online.
  • ValkyriorValkyrior Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Darkfall Online , Shadowbane , Official preTrammel UO server
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    Asheron's Call 1...

1. Full loot pvp on dedicated PVP server or go with a "red flag" for full loot pvp on the PVE servers.
    2. See an arrow coming at you? Step aside and let it miss you or hide behind something.
    3. Wonderful stats on all the loot, some very rare, and they could drop for anyone.
    4. Item inscription. Put your name on an Item and it stays there always even after trading or selling it. There was even enough text space for a twitter-like comment or thought.
    5. You could place an item on the ground, and you (or someone else) could pick it up.
    6. A GREAT community.
    7. Monthly updates.
    8. Unique monsters (e.x. Drudge Stalker).
    9. Open world sandbox
    10. And more things I am sure that should be added.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    The obvious choice is still the best choice. I'd still be playing it if it weren't for NCSoft's dumb decision to end it. Earth and Beyond is another good choice. But there's EVE Online as a successor to that game.
  • AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    age of conan and anarchy online
  • PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Anarchy Online!
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    EQ and Darkfall (with EvE flagging system)

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    DAoC: modern engine, and some quality of life UI enhancements.

Asheron's Call: modern engine, rework magic system a bit, updated UI.

@Greyed

I agree that the original AC magic system is flawed. The buffing system alone is pretty atrocious. The spell economy idea was good too, but things like splitpea negated much of the mystique to the spell econ. I'd say they should add concentration points much like the daoc buffing system. You can only maintain X amount of personal buffs. Buffs on others should be limited by time and possibly even distance to help alleviate the issues that buff bots brought to the game. Make buffs something you need to personally invest in to really get the most out of them. 
  • slay_shadowslay_shadow Member UncommonPosts: 4
    HELLGATE LONDON THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!
  • ChawkChawk Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Pirates of the Burning Sea.  SWG.
  • EnterTheWombatEnterTheWombat Member UncommonPosts: 112
    SWG or EQ1
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Vanilla WoW with Dynamic Events would be pretty nice. And all the new classes as well.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design