Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria | Player-Created Dungeons | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageChronicles of Elyria | Player-Created Dungeons | MMORPG

Hidden staircases, trapped doors, and underground chambers bring out the imagination in all of us. These are just a few of the reasons player-made housing in Chronicles of Elyria is both captivating and compelling.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    This looks really promising!
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Sounds amazing. Finally, I can live in a basement other than my Mom's!!!
  • FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Maybe i can dig down deep enough to find a balrog to tame?
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Will a potential lich candidate also be able to build in vertical direction to extend dungeons deep below the ground or create huge underground caves or halls with great height from floor to ceiling?
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• LetsPlayOutsideLetsPlayOutside Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Will land be purchased with real money or in game gold? Sorry if this has been asked before.
  • JeromyWalshJeromyWalsh Soulbound StudiosMember UncommonPosts: 134
    Will land be purchased with real money or in game gold? Sorry if this has been asked before.
    In-game gold. There's no cash shop in CoE. The notable exception is Influence Points, our pre-launch currency for those helping to make the game successful. As Influence Points will be awarded for backing us during our Kickstarter Campaign, it's technically possible (up until pre-orders begin) to buy Influence (and thus buy land).

However, as Influence can be gained other ways besides backing our crowdfunding, and land can always be conquered and lost after launch, we feel like this is still fair.
    Jeromy Walsh, 
    Owner/CEO of Soulbound Studios
    ChroniclesOfElyria.com
  • Hellmoon1500Hellmoon1500 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Amazing conclusion! Really wraps all of the mentioned features up quite nicely!
  • CrucialCrucial Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Can I dig a tunnel from a neighbor's house to go inside of other players dungeons?
  • knightsbayneknightsbayne Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Well housing escalated excitingly.
  • TheBeliarusTheBeliarus Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Amazing!! The hype is increasing!
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677

Gave it 10 already in August, not possible to increase to 11. :p
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Yanocchi said:

TheBeliarus said:

Gave it 10 already in August, not possible to increase to 11. :p

If only we could hype our hype...
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    All really good stuff as usual but a question came to me thinking about all these systems.

Are all of these systems going to be kept server side?I hope so for obvious reasons.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VictoriaRachelVictoriaRachel Member UncommonPosts: 79
    I am wondering if hidden rooms, safes, basements and cellars tie into the architecture tool we saw previously. Can these all be added on after construction? If so do they need their own blueprint? Are architects going to be privy to some very valuable information such as exactly where you are likely to be hiding you treasure?
    Author of the Elyria Echo. Follow us here @ElyriaEcho.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I would expect your query on blueprints to be accurate as they said everything had to be built from blueprints.

I am not sure  this game will use real time,so you may have to create the blueprint first then build the entire structure but idk maybe they will use some real time for adding in changes afterwards.I would assume the architech of the blueprint will know your entire layout but i doubt that means he knows where your treasure is stashed but of course would have some really good ideas lol.

I am not even sure how storing items will work exactly,perhaps it is just a sort of instance thing,so you could hide stuff anywhere inside an unsuspecting box or trinket,vase etc etc.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194
    In your penultimate paragraph, you wrote about login off while inside the "dungeon", but what happen to our body when we're not online: Does it vanish ? Or does it looked like sleeping ? Or maybe even some kind of " npc mode" with auto-defense if attacked ?

Anyway, all those features look amazing, keep up the good job!
    There will be Offline Player Characters AKA you are a NPC when you go offline
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Every day in every way I luv this game more and more!
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    aSynchro said:
    In your penultimate paragraph, you wrote about login off while inside the "dungeon", but what happen to our body when we're not online: Does it vanish ? Or does it looked like sleeping ? Or maybe even some kind of " npc mode" with auto-defense if attacked ?

Anyway, all those features look amazing, keep up the good job!
    Your character is always online, you as a player are not.

You can script functions for your OPC (offline player character) to do while you are offline. It could involve "sleep and rest and consume minimal food" etc. kind of thing. So you'll just stay in your hidden dungeon room while offline.

See the wiki for some more information on this
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • ronalda123ronalda123 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    ok, anyone wanna join hand to build an inn with a dungeon underneath?? charge fee for enter it :))
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    @JeromyWalsh I must say even if you never make this game (God forbid - no jinxes - salt over my shoulder) reading your journals is the most MMO related fun I had for a very long time. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    how many years till release, 1-5 years?
  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    This could be great, but(again) the Dev Journal propagates a hundred more questions with zero answers.
    Nasa said:
    how many years till release, 1-5 years?

Not as many as you think.

• GhaleshGhalesh Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Okay, this is the most promising MMO I have ever read about. But please, with all these ideas, how many years does it take to finish this game? I am worried.. I hope some big benefactor will come and fund this project.
    If ever will be founder packs, Alphas and Betas, i will be there in the first lines.

And what if I want to be a trash mob? :))