Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - The Community Hub

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14949-Introduction-To-The-Community-Hub

"What is the Community Hub?

The Community Hub is an outside content aggregation section for our overall RSI site where Citizens can share with each other all the content that is created by you, the fans. From screenshots to video, from fan art to fan fiction, from livestreams to podcasts, from fan reviews to press editorials and everything in between, this is the place where you can go to share those findings with your fellow citizens, see what’s already been shared with you, and hopefully discover something you like that may have eluded you otherwise."

The following link at the moment only works for subscribers:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community

After thorough testing it will later be open to all Star Citizens.

Have fun

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    edited September 2015
    that´s a pretty good thing to have, what I´m most looking forward to is the ORG 2.0 implementation for the web platform.
    It´s crazy how much functionality the website has, they really make nice tools for the SC community

Issue Council is also going to be great for organizing alpha bug reporting better, makes life easier for us backer-testers
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/284381/forums-permissions-changes/p1

No more spambots and JCRG99 clones to flood the Star Citizen forums with BS.

DS tweets that this is behind a paywall  when he has exactly the same on his LoD Steam forum called Commanders Hub for a long time!

"Greetings Citizens,

We're making a global change to the way our forums work today, in preparation of the addition of the Community Hub and Issue Council this week. For the overwhelming majority of you, you should notice no change whatsoever in the way the forums operate. For some in rare situations, there may be a temporary issue and we'll work with you to resolve that.

WHAT WE'RE DOING:

We're changing the criteria which allow you to contribute to our forums. From this point on, to post in the majority of forums sections will require you to have "BACKER" or "READY" status on your account. This means an active game package on your account will be necessary to post on the forums, Community Hub, and Issue Council. Those without Backer or Ready status on their accounts may still access and read the majority of the forums.

WHY ARE WE DOING THIS:

As the project progresses we're attracting more and more spam and harassment-only accounts, and this action will considerably curb that phenomenon, as well as alleviate much of the resource strain on our volunteer moderators and staff, and ultimately allow us to better serve the members of our community. Most projects don't have a fully functional community during the development phase, and we feel this is an important aspect of Star Citizen's continued development, and as such should continue to grow as an place for those who contribute to that development.

This is how we want to proceed for the immediate future while we're in "development" phase. There may be a change or two in the coming days as we uncover caveats that result from this change, but ultimately, we think this change is for the betterment of everyone involved. We're excited to roll out the Community Hub and Issue Council to you this week, and continue to explore and grow this community in new and exciting ways.

Jared Huckaby
    Community Manager"

Have fun

Interesting in-depth look of a professional psychologist on PvP in Star Citizen.

A Psychologists Perspective on PvP and Why CIG Needs to Reevaluate

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/299338/a-psychologists-perspective-on-pvp-and-why-cig-needs-to-reevaluate#latest

I think this part mentioned by the poster will happen in game:
    "...If aggressive players lose their character after 6-7 “deaths”, player economy will shift away from any real tie to that that characters longevity. In other words, aggressive players won’t care and will simply develop a pipeline to replace their characters with new ones and continue. As long as they can start over, even if from scratch, they will continue to do so. ...."

Have fun

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    From what ive seen in there chat im talking SC chat they are gonna have a problem with Goonswarm or what ive been told Goonrathi in SC. They had better have something ready cause ive been told by there leader that 3k are coming from EvE.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    That the Goons are coming in force is known for a long time already e.g. the Star Citizen Goonrathi war video:

from 09. Jan 2014. Their standard bag of tricks (suicide attacks, scamming, spycraft, land grabs out in pirate land  etc.) is waiting to be applied to SC. 

Have fun
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited November 2015
    Is it true PC Gamer did a walk through and never seen anything that could be called a game? I need to go to library and look at all past issues for SC!
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion said:
    That the Goons are coming in force is known for a long time already e.g. the Star Citizen Goonrathi war video:

from 09. Jan 2014. Their standard bag of tricks (suicide attacks, scamming, spycraft, land grabs out in pirate land  etc.) is waiting to be applied to SC. 
    I wonder how many of those things they'll be able to do in SC ;)

Also the ones that are left to play SC. A lot of them got their refunds the past weeks/months.
    That doesn't stop them from having fun at the expence of the game or white knights:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=550

..Cake..

Brenics said:
    Is it true PC Gamer did a walk through and never seen anything that could be called a game? I need to go to library and look at all past issues for SC!
    Or you could do this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen/

Have fun

Brenics said:

~4 years in, still in the early stages of development :)

..Cake..

edited November 2015
    sgel said:

Yeah, lets throw around snipets of an article, shall we ?

Where could we both have found that picture, hmmmm  ?  ,-)  Who would take a small part of a long article to make his point, hmmmm ?  ;-)

I am sure when Bethesda did not show Fallout 4 story gameplay to journalists before the game was launched, they had something to hide too! Tricky dastardly bastards, those devs .... 

Have fun
    1.jpg 29.2K
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:

Where could we both have found that picture, hmmmm  ,-)   

Have fun
    The first snippet comments on the game or lack there of.

The second snippet comments on "the buzz" and the emotions of the staff.

Incoming wall of spam....aka "the buzz".

Yeah, the staff that is working under terrible conditions and slave away under hard incompetent task masters ... or at least that is what some people claim on the internet in blogs and twitter feeds ;-)

I am sure that journalist has now seen up close and personal all that anguish and despair ....

Have fun
    edited November 2015
    "~4 years in, still in the early stages of development"

That was what you responded too with something unrelated. The feelings of the staff.

Methinks someone is trying to move the goal posts. You would have been better off just spamming that wall of marketing and walking away.
    edited November 2015
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:

Where could we both have found that picture, hmmmm  ?  ,-)  Who would take a small part of a long article to make his point, hmmmm ?  ;-)

I am sure when Bethesda did not show Fallout 4 story gameplay to journalists before the game was launched, they had something to hide too! Tricky dastardly bastards, those devs .... 

Have fun
    I don't understand.. is that meant to be a retort? There's plenty of other positive things he says in the multipage article.

However I was responding to a comment about the interviewer not seeing any gameplay as he mentioned.
    Try and stay on topic ;)
    Though I can see your frustration and need to find something positive to say.

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Try and stay on topic ;)

Ah yes, the topic.

says: "Star Citizen Community Hub" on the top of this thread.

I posted a psychologists view from the community Forum. You are talking about the length of development of this game.

Which one of us is off-topic ?

Have fun

Erillion said:

Yeah, the staff that is working under terrible conditions and slave away under hard incompetent task masters ... or at least that is what some people claim on the internet in blogs and twitter feeds ;-)

I am sure that journalist has now seen up close and personal all that anguish and despair ....

Have fun

Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Try and stay on topic ;)

Ah yes, the topic.

says: "Star Citizen Community Hub" on the top of this thread.

I posted a psychologists view from the community Forum. You are talking about the length of development of this game.

Which one of us is off-topic ?

Have fun

What? I responded to a guy who asked about a quote from the PC Gamer article with the direct quote... and you respond by mentioning the "buzz in the air" which was irrelevant. Because everything about Star Citizen has to be on the absolute positive scale right?

..Cake..

You did when you responded to this post.

From what ive seen in there chat im talking SC chat they are gonna have a problem with Goonswarm or what ive been told Goonrathi in SC. They had better have something ready cause ive been told by there leader that 3k are coming from EvE.

With

Commented on tactics used by Goons in other games. Which led to...What Game?

If you were really adamant about the changing topic should have flagged it earlier vs participating and then going defensive mode when someone asked what game.

sgel said:
    Erillion said:

I wonder how many of those things they'll be able to do in SC ;)

Also the ones that are left to play SC. A lot of them got their refunds the past weeks/months.
    That doesn't stop them from having fun at the expence of the game or white knights:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=550
    Thanks for link. Looks like a lot are jumping ship which means the game is dead if they really need 100 to 200m more to make the game. Just something I remember reading on SC forums. I tried to find the thread but looks like it is deleted. I have noticed a lot of threads are being deleted that is saying there is no real game out there. 

Brenics said:
    Thanks for link. Looks like a lot are jumping ship which means the game is dead if they really need 100 to 200m more to make the game. Just something I remember reading on SC forums. I tried to find the thread but looks like it is deleted. I have noticed a lot of threads are being deleted that is saying there is no real game out there. 
    A lot are tired of waiting and lack of development so they get a refund and if the game ends up being a good game in 4 years or something, then you can just buy it and have fun killing people. You don't need a package to have fun with the development and make fun of white knights.

The Goon way is the best way ;)

..Cake..

Thing is if this game was only half of what people say it will be, hell I would buy it in a heart beat. CR has just put way to much into the game that just isn't realistic for any game. If he was working with people he worked with early in his life then maybe there would be a real game to play. But no one is telling him to stop and stay on track. He keeps adding changing shit which any person could/should see is ruining any chance of actually getting a working game. 

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I think the main issue is the lack of regular updates - combined with the large price of ships.

Having crowd-funded several games at the 40$ tier, I don't really have a significant personal stake in those turning out the way I had hoped. Once they release, I'll happily play them.

With SC it's more tricky. I backed it at about 250$, so I'm more eager to play it (or at least keep checking up on it). And each time I check, I want to see something new. Not seeing new content makes me unhappy. The game will take time and won't be perfect - no game can be. But as long as we get regular game features to test, I'll be quite happy to follow it.

The 2.0 seems to have a fair bit of content. Provided they can start releasing significant stuff on at least a bi-monthly schedule, it will be a good outcome in my eyes.

If we have to wait 6 months for in-game currency and shops, it will be a letdown.
    sgel said:

What? I responded to a guy who asked about a quote from the PC Gamer article with the direct quote... and you respond by mentioning the "buzz in the air" which was irrelevant. Because everything about Star Citizen has to be on the absolute positive scale right?
    You posted this :
    >>>>~4 years in, still in the early stages of development >>>

And this sentence is what i was referring to with my remark "You are talking about the length of development of this game."

About your question:  No, not everything about SC has to be on the absolute positive scale.

But when people start to search for the prices of furniture in the background of SC dev videos (as some do) and then use that to cry "foul !", then i see no point in having a meaningful debate with such people about the pros and cons of a highly complex and ambitious video game.

Have fun
    bwwianakiev
    edited November 2015
    You did when you responded to this post.
    You fail to mention that in my response post i linked a community video  ("The Goonrathi War"). One of the more elaborate and popular SC videos created by the community.  Which - incidently - is one of the things shown in the *** drum roll *** community hub. Which is  *** drum roll *** the topic of this thread.

Have fun
    bwwianakiev
    edited November 2015
    Found something interesting - the fan made ship scale viewer

http://romanito.com/starcitizen/ship-scale-viewer/

or the Harlem Shake version SC style :-)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/508-HARLEM-SHAKE-STAR-CITIZEN-EDITION

or the SC ship scale comparison done by the community

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/801-Scale-Of-Star-Citizen-Ships

(and yes, I am a big Penguins of Madagascar fan ;-)   ... the one standing beside the ship can only be Kowalski !

Have fun