Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Venture Into the Labyrinth in Ascendancy | Path of Exile | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageVenture Into the Labyrinth in Ascendancy | Path of Exile | MMORPG.com

Grinding Gear Games is set to release Ascendancy, Path of Exile's fourth expansion, sometime in early 2016 and we recently had the pleasure of sitting down with GGG's Chris Wilson for a tour of the expansion's key features.

Read the full story here

Comments

• shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    this is so fucking awesome, can't wait
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Indeed cannot wait for there next major content update in December nevermind this, everytime they update the game it keeps getting better and better, absolutely amazing company with an amazing following.
  • davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    +1 Blotonsqad great company + they care for players best ARPG for me cant w8
  • kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Woah woah stop the presses did I really just see 3 positive comments in a row?? I gotta check this game out!
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    @kryntok - this is hands down one of the best if not the best game in it's genre and not to mention that the company is possibly the best out there, especially when it comes to how they treat their community.
    The game is completely free unlike other "free" games. There is literally not a single thing you need from the shop though eventually since you will fall in love with the game you will end up buying at least more tabs(inventory space).
    The game is constantly being updated with new stuff unlike other games this game literally every few months gets a major overhaul.
    There are so many builds that you can never get bored. There is always something new to test out.
    If you enjoy crafting this game has one of the best if not the best crafting system.
    There's a ton of more stuff, but there is no point in me writing about it it's best if you try it out. Trust me you won't be disappointed and as I mentioned the game is absolutely free to play.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I remember playing this game when it first launched. Unfortunately these type of games aggravate my carpal tunnel issues and no longer can play them. Less than an hour and my wrist is throbbing. I do remember it being really free to play. There was nothing you really needed to buy from the store.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Idea somewhat stolen from Grim Dawn. Not really a bad thing though, as it works really well in that game. But until they implement a meaningful respec system, I won't be bothering. Having to grind up another character to try a new build is an archaic, tedious mechanic which should have been left behind in the early 2000's.

Oh, and the combat still isn't very good. Nothing horrible, but most of the competition simply has better, more responsive combat mechanics.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• slaveuszslaveusz Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Man u have respec implemented in the game by regret orbs and quest with respec points dont joke pls. Made char from 1 - 60 is a few hours.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Idea somewhat stolen from Grim Dawn. Not really a bad thing though, as it works really well in that game. But until they implement a meaningful respec system, I won't be bothering. Having to grind up another character to try a new build is an archaic, tedious mechanic which should have been left behind in the early 2000's.

Oh, and the combat still isn't very good. Nothing horrible, but most of the competition simply has better, more responsive combat mechanics.
    Yeah their partial respec system is horrible and dated.  there are other ways to add replayability to an ARPG without resorting to that archaic feature.  I'm not a fan of their art design or combat either but I guess they have enough people to keep going.
  • SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    I really need to get on and start leveling in this again
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Silentstorm said:
    I really need to get on and start leveling in this again

New leagues come out on December the 11th, probably be a good time to start then when everyone is rolling fresh characters
    edited November 2015
    FrodoFragins alot alot more then Grim Dawn and alot more then d3 xD
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Nice addition to one of the best games are there, and one of the very few that are truely free to play with NO p2w mechanics. On the downside is that it is a game for experts, and to be successfull you need to study many hours and keep up to date in.. Math of Exile.. And yet, weighing pros&cons, it is much more interesting that any other ARPG.

Just give us that semi-hardcore league already. A league where you can die but with serious consequences.. Xp debth/de-level, loss of gear, or similar.
  • plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    GGG rock. They do such a good job job of keeping POE interesting. its the only game that i broke the 1k hours on steam. Every update i go back for another 100 hours or so

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    This game is hands down one of the best games of our Generation. Holy F i am Hyped as hell.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    my only problem with POE and its a small one, is that I am tired of leveling the same exact way every new season

D3 fixed this issue and I would love for POE to come up with something new
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Solar_Prophet said:
    meaningful respec system

Full respecs are more "meaningful"?

You are asking for a shallow respec system sonny.
  • kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Xingbairong said:
    @kryntok - this is hands down one of the best if not the best game in it's genre and not to mention that the company is possibly the best out there, especially when it comes to how they treat their community.

The game is completely free unlike other "free" games. There is literally not a single thing you need from the shop though eventually since you will fall in love with the game you will end up buying at least more tabs(inventory space).

The game is constantly being updated with new stuff unlike other games this game literally every few months gets a major overhaul.

There are so many builds that you can never get bored. There is always something new to test out.

If you enjoy crafting this game has one of the best if not the best crafting system.

There's a ton of more stuff, but there is no point in me writing about it it's best if you try it out. Trust me you won't be disappointed and as I mentioned the game is absolutely free to play.

I got on today for the first time and its the most fun I've had on my PC in awhile tbh. I know a lot of people playing on private D2 servers hopefully I can get them to give I a try.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Looks great but I'd still prefer the strange and confusing currency system was never there to begin with. Just plain old gold for me thanks. Personal preference.. I know.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    4th expansion?I just played this game recently and looked to not even be a full game yet,how can it be calling updates...expansions?
    Before this game just makes more maps,i would much rather see it IMPROVE what is already there,like camera movement would be a hella good start.

To be honest i don't really remember the currency system,only vaguely.

Another fix imo is the gems,i found there were just too many,ideas became bland as well the combat system is so linear it leaves everyone just aiming for that perfect aoe spam build.That in essence is what these Diablo clones are all about spam aoe ,once in a while it's good but not spammed.

Overall the game just needs MORE,more than just an aoe spamfest,this design cannot keep me interested past one week.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited November 2015
    Wizardry if you dont like dont play ... i have over 1000h and still love so if game is not full game for you then d3 is still Pre-Alpha