Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Divinity: Original Sin Review | Enhanced Edition Review - Still One of the Best RPGs a Year Later |

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageDivinity: Original Sin Review | Enhanced Edition Review - Still One of the Best RPGs a Year Later | MMORPG

Divinity: Original Sin was one of the best RPGs of 2014. This year, Larian Studios refreshed the venerable roleplaying game with a new and improved Enhanced Edition, adding dual wielding, tactician mode, improved visuals, and over 88,000 lines of fresh voice-over. But is it worth returning to? We dig in to find out.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    No mods tho:( big minus for me. no mod where u can play 1 char.
  • demodardemodar Member UncommonPosts: 63
    27 hours in the game and nowhere near the half (completionist here). Game is awesome , cool main story , a bit spotty on its own lore i suppose , but the combat is great . Wish it was a bit more focused on its main thing and not branching out , but all and all amazing game.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Really good game!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Love maybe abit not to smart for it tough dyslexia and stuff event to am 33
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Moridin82 said:
    Could not have said it better myself!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Sorry But best RPG is path of exile
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Arskaaa said:
    If you take the "lone wolf" trait. You will play the game solo with one character. I think they slightly beef up that character. But, not in a way that it makes it easy.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited November 2015
    Love this game. Really well made RPG with an old school inspiration. I love that I got this edition for free for owning the original version. My only compliant with the new edition is that they made most door impossible to chop down (at least at lower level). Used to love robbing every house lol.
  • GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    great game. however sadly the new voices feels like a waste of money since as far as i played it didn't feel satisfying. i know they did it to encourage console gamers but still. if Original Sin 2 is gonna have a full voice over i hope they do a better job next time. the voices still feel better than what was offered in Sword Coast Legends though :))

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Moridin82 said:

Huh?  that sentence makes no sense at all.  Granted English is a 2nd or 3rd language for many so I rarely am critical of any content, but I could not get any meaning out of that sentence at all.

As to this new expansion, I find it is great they gave it free.  There are so many greedy developers out there that charge for every teeny tiny addition.  Enjoying replaying the game.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    davc123 said:
    Path of Exile is not really a rpg, just a Diablo clone IMO and I personally like Diablo IIII better.
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    davc123 said:
    Thats no RPG...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    snoocky said:
    davc123 said:
    Thats no RPG...
    It most certainly would be considered an RPG... It's a point and click ARPG.... Some of you folks are probably too young to realize that the RPG genre is WIDE. You have subsets in the genre as far as play style goes and PoE definitely falls into the realm of an RPG...
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    And - like Witcher - yet another game that hopefully more people will try. Take some time off WoW and use the money to buy this / Witcher - you won't miss any WoW content after all.
  • XyireXyire Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Divinity is fantastic. there are currently some rather serious bugs with the enhanced edition (like blind does actually nothing, multiplayer frequently has to reload cause someone magically lost all of their stats and skills, etc) but even with that stuff its an amazing game. Crafting in this game requires a manual - and sadly the only stuff out there is all wrong cause they changed a ton of recipes from the original.
  • KorthagKorthag Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Best RPG ? Himmm THE KING OF RPG IS WITCHER 3, so this game is good rpg under Witcher 3.
  • ConfonduConfondu Member UncommonPosts: 24
    @Christopher Coke I just got around to reading this, and wanted to say that this was a fabulous review, detailed, and written with passion. Very nice job. Actually liked the fact that your article sparked a debate over what is and is not and RPG. Good stuff, looking forward to your next review.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I played the original version, but fired the EE version up a couple of days ago. Easily one of the best isometric rpgs I have ever played. In fact, in terms of mechanics, graphics, and gameplay imo it is the best isometric rpg. 

The crafting, environmental interaction, magic, and flow of combat seem almost revolutionary to me, a really wonderful game.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Arskaaa said:
    There are mods for the game, (has its own nexus page) but not many. The original actually got an editor released, but it seems like a modding drive never really took off. Perhaps it will still happen with the enhanced edition.

You can play alone if you simply ignore the other characters and unlink them. But you'll get owned.

This is a great game. If they manage to pull off what they're setting up with D:OS2 though, that will be revolutionary indeed. It will blow everything else out of the water in terms of non-linear storytelling.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• demadildemadil Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Ozmodan said:
    Moridin82 said:

Love maybe abit not to smart for it tough "dyslexia" and stuff event to am 33

Huh?  that sentence makes no sense at all.  Granted English is a 2nd or 3rd language for many so I rarely am critical of any content, but I could not get any meaning out of that sentence at all.

As to this new expansion, I find it is great they gave it free.  There are so many greedy developers out there that charge for every teeny tiny addition.  Enjoying replaying the game.
    Should be the spoiler to not be so critical.