Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - current ship pipeline status

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I find the amount of new ship sales distasteful in the wake of no actual content or release dates.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Bigdaddyx said:
    Originally posted by VikingGamer
    Originally posted by Dakeru
    Originally posted by Erillion

Certainly .... everything costs 30 $. In total. One time payment.

Have fun

It's not very convincing when on one hand you give us a list about ships they want to create - and you know they will ask for big money for the ships.

On the other side you answer with something along the lines of: 'You don't need these ships'

What he is getting at is that currently the game costs $30 to get and that all those ship can be earned within the game. You don't have to spend more than $30 to get any or all of those ships, so long as you are willing to work at getting them within the game. If you want to have one of those ships in your hanger on day one then sure, you will need to make a "donation". 

It is also worth noting that no ships will be "sold" for real money after the game is released.

After almost 15 years of playing MMO i have learned a very valuable lessons. Never take words of game devs as some kind of gospel. Rule change all the time and i wouldn't be surprised if in future they make a u turn on this and start selling ships for real money.

There is too much profit to be made from selling vitual ships for real life cash. 

Especially when you consider how much of that 90+ mil they have collected from backers now, is basically "borrowed" from their post release sales. Meaning, they already sold it all now so there is 90mil they won't be collecting later. I don't see how they can't not sell ships later.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    azarhal said:
    spankybus said:
    How can you say this when so many backers have Lifetime insurance? 

That 60 hours of work on the Connie can be erased in a fight that lasts 3 minutes. My question is then what happens? The person who purchased the Connie with LTI just gets a new one...for free? How about the poor sap that bought his in-game? Did he have to pay for insurance? how much does that cost? when he gets a replacement, does he have to pay for insurance on that one as well?

To me, lifetime insurance is going to lead to some stellar asshat behavior. Zero consequences means i can just ram my Idris into yours and I just get a new one while you have to pay more cash to get yours back (I don't actually have an idris, i'm not made of money).

Can you tell us how much insurance will cost in % of ship value? Meaning, does insurance for a ship represent 10% of the total cost of the ship?
    I think some people should go to the official website and read the mountain of information about the game available. It's full of answers for the questions you have.
    Thank you @azarhal ;

@spankybus

It has been said before that insurance fees will be only a small fee, easily paid with income from in game activities.

Personally i expect it to be less than what we pay in EVE Online.

However, someone might say this is bad and expensive for PvP players that expect to lose their ship every 5 min. It does not work that way in SC. SC has the "Death of a Spaceman" permadeath rules. If you lose a ship every 5 min the insurance of your ship is the least of your worries. Because you will have to create a new character every 30-60 min if you keep dying that often ! This is not like the infinite clones of EVE Online.
    After "death" 5+ish you will start to look like a cyborg full of replacement parts. After "death" 8+ish you kick the bucket for the final time and everything is handed over to your "heir" in game.

Keep also in mind that for larger ships replacement is NOT instant. For capital ships (e.g. Idris) the in game economy (be it that of players or NPCs) first has to produce such a capital ship. In ongoing battles of attrition (and I guarantee that there will be, just like in EVE) it will soon come a time where it will take days or weeks to get a capital ship replaced. And LTI does NOT speed up that time compared to normal insurance.

Have fun

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Funny thing, but in Eve Online there was a guy continuously spamming advertisements for ships in Star Citizen in Jita local, kind of makes you wonder just how bad the cash flow situation is tbh, if they are resorting to those kinds of methods.
    edited October 2015
    Phry said:
    Funny thing, but in Eve Online there was a guy continuously spamming advertisements for ships in Star Citizen in Jita local, kind of makes you wonder just how bad the cash flow situation is tbh, if they are resorting to those kinds of methods.
    In my personal opinion:
    Some of the usual suspects in EVE Online are getting real life profits from the Star Citizen grey market for ships. The Mittani has an article about it.

In my personal opinion:
    "They" are not CIG.  "They" are EVE players out for a quick buck by essentially "gambling" on price changes like some people do on the stock market.

This opinion is based on 14 years experience with my fellow EVE players and that many of them are ready to do anything to gain an advantage in EVE or other games in which they do their metagaming across game boundaries.

Have fun
    Post edited by Erillion on
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Erillion said:
    Phry said:
    Some of the usual suspects in EVE Online are getting real life profits from the Star Citizen grey market for ships. The Mittani has an article about it.

"They" are not CIG.  "They" are EVE players out for a quick buck by essentially "gambling" on price changes like some people do on the stock market.

Have fun
    Isn't it funny how it is always someone else who is doing wrong, DS, guys trying to make a fast buck, yet you and everyone else (CR) connected to SC are on the up and up. 

LOL For some reason that just doesn't sit right with common sense!
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Brenics said:
    Isn't it funny how it is always someone else who is doing wrong, DS, guys trying to make a fast buck, yet you and everyone else (CR) connected to SC are on the up and up. 

Lemme guess ... you do not know much about EVE players in larger alliances ... and their ways of Metagaming across various games ?

Have fun
    Brenics said:
    Erillion said:
    Phry said:

Have fun

Funnily enough, the guy who was spamming adverts for Star Citzen in Jita local, was spamming the hyperlink for the official website, of course, he could have been doing that from a sense of generosity and the desire to keep his fellow players in Eve aware of the opportunities to be made in buying ships in Star Citizen, though personally i thought he was probably on commission :pleased: 
    edited October 2015
    Did he spam it with his own SC Friends code ?

Then he was just gaming the SC referral program for some extra rewards:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/referral-program

EVE players would fit what you would call "target audience".

You see dozens of people spaming all kinds of forums with their SC code at the moment.

Have fun

PS:

Whoever is doing the spaming in Jita local is not doing it right now.
    Erillion said:

You see dozens of people spaming all kinds of forums with their SC code at the moment.

Have fun
    I didn't make a note of it honestly, but it does sound right.

actually this reminds me very much of SW:TOR, where people are constantly spamming referral links on new player planets/starting zones.

Have to say though, its very unusual for someone to spam something legit in Jita local, all things considered O.o
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Phry said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    I didn't make a note of it honestly, but it does sound right.

actually this reminds me very much of SW:TOR, where people are constantly spamming referral links on new player planets/starting zones.

Have to say though, its very unusual for someone to spam something legit in Jita local, all things considered O.o
    If it was linked in Jita local, it is a scam. No exceptions. SC is a scam and there is the proof! I knew we would find it somwere. Try and explain yourself out of that one CR!
    Hmm, the first compelling argument.

Everything in Jita local is a scam.  ;-)

Have to ponder this .....

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Hmm, the first compelling argument.

Everything in Jita local is a scam.  ;-)

Have to ponder this .....

Have fun
    Perhaps i should have said, that Jita local is a strange place to try and spam something legit..nobody has ever tried that before O.o
    Phry said:
    Perhaps i should have said, that Jita local is a strange place to try and spam something legit..nobody has ever tried that before O.o
    Sure someone tried it before. About 20 milliseconds before someone else suicide bombed him/her and the rats carried away every surviving cargo crate to the markets of Jita 4-4.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Phry said:

Have fun
    This kinda puts you in a catch 22. If you aren't affiliated with CIG, how do you know CIG isn't shilling in EVE's chats? You have proof that CIG isn't doing this? If you don't than you are just speaking out of your arse on your opinion that CIG wouldn't do such a thing. But you can't possibly know for sure because that creates a paradox doesn't it?

If you know becasue your boss at CIG says "Nope, we aren't doing that" But then they would never shill over here either now would they? But wait.......you could only know that if you were a shill. Which means, yeah, they could very well be CIG over in EVE.

What a conundrum.
    This kinda puts you in a catch 22. If you aren't affiliated with CIG, how do you know CIG isn't shilling in EVE's chats? You have proof that CIG isn't doing this? If you don't than you are just speaking out of your arse on your opinion that CIG wouldn't do such a thing. But you can't possibly know for sure because that creates a paradox doesn't it?

If you know becasue your boss at CIG says "Nope, we aren't doing that" But then they would never shill over here either now would they? But wait.......you could only know that if you were a shill. Which means, yeah, they could very well be CIG over in EVE.

What a conundrum.
    I do not have to know CIG.

After 14 years I know my fellow EVE players. ;-)  

They do EVERYTHING to get an advantage. And many EVE players metagame across the boundaries of various online games... especially from EVE to SC (which is a fact, no personal opinion needed on that e.g. Goons --> Goonrathi).

And its easy to understand their motive ... if they recruit someone with their SC friends code they get referral rewards in Star Citizen. As I said before ... dozens of people are doing it at the moment across all kinds of forums. And Sci-Fi gamers like EVE players are the perfect target audience when it comes to recruitment.
    Why should CIG spam other games and forums ? Players are doing it for them ;-)

May i suggest you apply "Occams's razor" ?!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
    "Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected."

Have fun

edited October 2015
    Erillion said:

What a conundrum.
    I do not have to know CIG.

After 14 years I know my fellow EVE players. ;-)  

They do EVERYTHING to get an advantage. And many EVE players metagame across the boundaries of various online games... especially from EVE to SC (which is a fact, no personal opinion needed on that e.g. Goons --> Goonrathi).

And its easy to understand their motive ... if they recruit someone with their SC friends code they get referral rewards in Star Citizen. As I said before ... dozens of people are doing it at the moment across all kinds of forums. And Sci-Fi gamers like EVE players are the perfect target audience when it comes to recruitment.
    Why should CIG spam other games and forums ? Players are doing it for them ;-)

May i suggest you apply "Occams's razor" ?!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
    "Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected."

Have fun

Just like how all the other MMO's had to deal with only one person or group responsible for gold spamming? Or only one hacker? Only one person or group per game breaks the rules right? Your post is based on there being only one guilty party. It's a "house of cards" argument.

• Squadron24Squadron24 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Brenics said:
    Erillion said:
    Phry said:

Have fun
    yet you and everyone else (CR) connected to SC are on the up and up. 

Yes we are. SC fans don't want to destroy another game to save their own 10 year old dinosaur game.

kinda pathetic how some Eve players are scared about their player numbers because SC gains a litte traction.

You are playing an RTS type sandbox, think the point and click crowd will switch to a twitch based action combat sim? If that's the case it wasn't that good in the first place. Besides Eve player numbers were going downhill two years ago already.

Enlist for SC reserve your name! Link below :awesome: 
    Enlist and reserve your name for Star Citizen/Squadron 42 with my referral link and get 5,000 free game credits   https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-RRVV-M5TH   (gives free stuff to both of us!)  B) 
    Just like how all the other MMO's had to deal with only one person or group responsible for gold spamming? Or only one hacker? Only one person or group per game breaks the rules right? Your post is based on there being only one guilty party. It's a "house of cards" argument.
    Fact: 
    I now checked twice in Jita today (last time= 2 min ago). No spamming for Star Citizen in Jita local. Feel free to check yourself.

Sure, it may be that someone did it. But its clearly neither organized nor frequent. For sure its not continous.

Have fun

edited October 2015
    Erillion said:
    Fact: 
    I now checked twice in Jita today (last time= 2 min ago). No spamming for Star Citizen in Jita local. Feel free to check yourself.

Sure, it may be that someone did it. But its clearly neither organized nor frequent. For sure its not continous.

Have fun

Stop the silliness please. That's no fact, it's your observation for a 2 minute window of time. It also has zero relevance to your previous post.  It's tiring, really. Because, now I have to go back and pull down your previous post to try to keep you on the real subject here so you can't keep going off on your "fact" finding expeditions / tangents. 

OK  You said.......

SO..........

How can you possibly know that as a fact without insider information?

BTW...proving that The Mittani is doing this, does not prove CIG isn't. But this post really isn't about CIG or The Goons. It's about you and your previous post.

For the record, I actually believe you when you say ""They" are not not CIG".......but that isn't my question.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Do game companies hire people like Erillion to do PR for them on game forums? Serious question. 
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    YashaX said:
    Do game companies hire people like Erillion to do PR for them on game forums? Serious question. 
    A lot of companies will hire people to work social media to advertise their products or drum up support, not just in the gaming industry.

Most times, however, you have people who feel strongly about something and will support it on their own without financial/official support from a company/individual.

You will also have the opposite of this; some companies will hire people to talk down a competitor via social media. And again, you will have some people who are so against something they will attack it without official/financial support from said company/individual.

It works both ways and has been happening longer than most people care to admit.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

***snip***

***snip***

For the record, I actually believe you when you say ""They" are not not CIG".......but that isn't my question.

If you recheck my post you will see that i did not mark it as "fact".

So .. if it makes you sleep better ... you can consider this my opinion based on 14 years experience with my fellow EVE players and 3 years experience with my fellow SC backers. I have modified the relevant post to reflect that this is my personal opinion.

Have fun

edited October 2015
    Erillion said:
    ***snip***

***snip***

If you recheck my post you will see that i did not mark it as "fact".

So .. if it makes you sleep better ... you can consider this my opinion based on 14 years experience with my fellow EVE players and 3 years experience with my fellow SC backers. I have modified the relevant post to reflect that this is my personal opinion.

Have fun

GeezerGamer said:

You love to twist things around. What I said you said as fact was your rebuttal in subsequent posts.......The one where you said "FACT" and presented an observation. I'm talking about the one where you said "They aren't CIG" That's a factual statement. Man, you really do need to learn what Facts are.
    Post edited by GeezerGamer on
    GeezerGamer said:

You love to twist things around. What I said you said as fact was your rebuttal in subsequent posts.......The one where you said "FACT" and presented an observation. I'm talking about the one where you said "They aren't CIG" That's a factual statement. Man, you really do need to learn what Facts are.
    >>>>
    Fact: 
    >>>>

THIS is what I posted as "Fact". And THIS is something that was verifyable as a fact at the time of writing for anyone logging into EVE Online in the well known trade hub Jita.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

"A fact is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability.."

Have fun