Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming Open World Star Wars game

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
edited October 2015 in Star Wars Galaxies
I heard Visceral is working on an open world SW game. Does not sound like an mmo, but who knows?

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited October 2015
    Just to add, this is an image of Han Solo modded into Mercenaries....but it must be saying something.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    hard to take a developer serious that can't even use proper English

I don't care what type of post it is
  • TemperHSTemperHS Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Myrdynn said:
     I bet you're a real blast to hang out with at parties...

On topic, Visceral is a great studio, looking forward to seeing what they create. I'm hoping we see a lot more good Star Wars games in the future from a variety of studios.

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_1313

Might be this getting revived 

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited October 2015
    TemperHS said:
    Myrdynn said:
     I bet you're a real blast to hang out with at parties...

On topic, Visceral is a great studio, looking forward to seeing what they create. I'm hoping we see a lot more good Star Wars games in the future from a variety of studios.

hahah.  yeah in many threads there are the 1. guy that complains about grammar, 2. the guy that complains about the post and how the OP shouldn't post about XYZ, 3. the guy that attacks the OP personally, and the rest 4. the people who actually to the add content of the OP's thread/stay on topic, hahah.  There are lots of other types of replies, but yeah there is always "that guy" haaaaahhhh

as for the open world SWG, i'll be eager to see what its like in X years when it comes out. by then though ill be playing camelot unchained.  tho the new star wars movies should be out by then i think 

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2015
    I guess since they signed a new license with Disney to make Star Wars games a few years back it is fact.

Visceral and at least one other,likely several collaborations making the game.

Using the Frostbite 3 engine.I have never played any of the Battlefield games to know if the engine and developer are any good.

A division of EA ,so they have the money but they will put tons of pressure to rush the game out.I am not sure it has even been 2 full years yet,that would be about the limit EA would wait.

Seeing how everything that series and team makes is kind of the same focusing on multiplayer battles of pvp,i would not be interested at all,i want PVE content.

I actually feel sorry for any grunt working at EA or for EA.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    edited October 2015
    The frostbite 3 engine is junk.. Can't handle anywhere near the number of people as a mmo..  So if they are planning to use it for a mmo its going to be a big laughing joke..  But I doubt they are even working on a star wars mmo.. 

Also the people that made SWG great are already working on other projects and games. So if you think it will be like SWG its going to be a sad mistake.
  • Moon-DaddyMoon-Daddy Member UncommonPosts: 101
    edited October 2015
    The frostbite 3 engine is junk.. Can't handle anywhere near the number of people as a mmo..  So if they are planning to use it for a mmo its going to be a big laughing joke..  But I doubt they are even working on a star wars mmo.. 

Also the people that made SWG great are already working on other projects and games. So if you think it will be like SWG its going to be a sad mistake.
    We forget what some companies think constitute as an MMO these days, As long as it has a social hub, chat features, instances, and a cash shop your good to go,

So prob an instanced based game with 4 players, a cash shop and a social hub where we can all hang out and show off our cash shop hats and pets, wait did I almost describe SWTOR?

Making so much noise you dont know when to listen.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    they dont have the right to make another star wars mmo. plain and simple.
    one star wars mmo, that's what lucasarts said...

unless disney changed that rule lately :expressionless: 

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• TemperHSTemperHS Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited October 2015
    The frostbite 3 engine is junk.. Can't handle anywhere near the number of people as a mmo..  
    Frostbite 3 is an absolutely amazing engine.

Categorizing it as "junk" is an absurd statement to make, especially when your basis for that conclusion is that the engine doesn't handle the amount of players that a full-scale MMO would, when the engine was NEVER DESIGNED FOR THAT PURPOSE.

That is the equivalent of complaining that your Atari 2600 cannot play games designed for your PlayStation 4. 

Star Wars Battlefront from DICE is one of the best Star Wars games of all time. Open beta gave players access to about 5% of the content that the retail version will contain. There is no shortage of ignorant haters flocking to this site to troll and talk shit, it's been that way for years now, but any self-respecting Star Wars fan will be playing the game on release day and loving every minute of it.

The game is much more than just Star Wars with a Battlefield skin on it, what they have created is truly something special.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    TemperHS said:
    The frostbite 3 engine is junk.. Can't handle anywhere near the number of people as a mmo..  
    Frostbite 3 is an absolutely amazing engine.

Categorizing it as "junk" is an absurd statement to make, especially when your basis for that conclusion is that the engine doesn't handle the amount of players that a full-scale MMO would, when the engine was NEVER DESIGNED FOR THAT PURPOSE.

That is the equivalent of complaining that your Atari 2600 cannot play games designed for your PlayStation 4. 

Star Wars Battlefront from DICE is one of the best Star Wars games of all time. Open beta gave players access to about 5% of the content that the retail version will contain. There is no shortage of ignorant haters flocking to this site to troll and talk shit, it's been that way for years now, but any self-respecting Star Wars fan will be playing the game on release day and loving every minute of it.

The game is much more than just Star Wars with a Battlefield skin on it, what they have created is truly something special.

Except that game is shaping up to be a complete lemon. Might want to check out the reviews, for a game thats releasing in just a few weeks time, its really not looking good.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    TemperHS said:
     but any self-respecting Star Wars fan will be playing the game on release day and loving every minute of it.

and thats exactly whats wrong with being a "fan".... they will play anything even if its crap...plus not all the sw fans like fps :)

Not saying that that the game in question is bad or good , i only played it for 1h yesterday and cant have an opinion yet.
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I am a big star wars fan and the battlefront demo is "meh" at best.  I realize there was only a small sampling, but it does not have much variety.  The drop zone mode is fun for a bit, but it is more or less a zerg fest.  Walker assault seemed highly chaotic without much structure going on.  The graphics and sounds are good, but I am really on the fence about the game now. 

As for a new game I would love a new star wars  MMO or a star wars game like skyrim or the witcher, but it does not seem like it will be happening anytime in the near future. 
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited October 2015
    Myrdynn said:

Then you'd want to write "seriously" in that sentence if you want to use "proper English."

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    TemperHS said:

but any self-respecting Star Wars fan will be playing the game on release day and loving every minute of it.

Well, I am a huge Star Wars fan (original trilogy), I have seen the original movies in the cinemas when they were originally released, and as a Star Wars fan I dare to say the 2nd trilogy is crap compared to the first and way to digitized.

As much as I liked SWG, that game was flawed from the start, too many bugs, bad code, unfinished/rushed content and the housing poluted every planet. Didnt look like a Star Wars city/village at all.

SWTOR: engine blew chunks, way too themeparky+boundaries.

So yeah, this Star Wars fan does respect himself and I respect the franchise enough not to buy in any money grabbing/childish content LA or now Disney puts out and dares to say the SW franchise is polluted with -official licensed- awful bad products.

PS: Ewoks are sh*t.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

d_20 said:
    Myrdynn said:

Then you'd want to write "seriously" in that sentence if you want to use "proper English."
    I don't give a rats ass whether you or I use proper grammar here or anywhere, however if I was making the first press release type statement I damn sure would have at least made that correct, and to me it reflects laziness.  

If Blizzard posted the following statement on twitter, "We are liking to hire some good people" everyone else would be up in arms

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Myrdynn said:
    d_20 said:
    Myrdynn said:

I don't give a rats ass whether you or I use proper grammar here or anywhere, however if I was making the first press release type statement I damn sure would have at least made that correct, and to me it reflects laziness.  

If Blizzard posted the following statement on twitter, "We are liking to hire some good people" everyone else would be up in arms

I understand what you mean. Thanks for explaining. I agree that business communications should be double checked.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    With Star Wars Battlefront releasing in November I doubt this new one will have much of a multiplayer element. Probably just SP and Co-Op. Visceral are supposed to be good at SP RPGs and not Mulitplayer, the only MP game I have played of there's is BF Hardline and I think they asked for a lot of input from Dice for the MP elements.
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Skuall said:
    TemperHS said:

and thats exactly whats wrong with being a "fan".... they will play anything even if its crap...plus not all the sw fans like fps :)

Not saying that that the game in question is bad or good , i only played it for 1h yesterday and cant have an opinion yet.
    I completely agree with you...I am a fan, of the movies...that does not mean I go and buy every piece of junk with a Star Wars brand on it. I tried the Battlefront beta and it just convinced me to pass on that game. But yes blind fan boy behavior only encourages companies to not make any effort what so ever on the product as long as the name brand is there.

And before you try and call me out for not being a fan...I saw the original movie back in 78'...and have enjoyed all of them ever since.
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156
    I will not touch a Star Wars game as long as EA has exclusives to it.