Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is what realtime graphics look like if you are building the #1 PC-only game

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
edited October 2015 in Star Citizen
so many thanks to Star Citizen for being PC ONLY, the only true #pcmasterrace game.

exterior
https://youtu.be/1pWIeT33C-g?t=18m9s

interior
https://youtu.be/1pWIeT33C-g?t=52m48s

yes, it´s realtime. Yes it works. Yes the game exists. Yes it´s incredible. Yes it´s possible.

Console owners: this will never work on PS4/Xbox

And this type of stuff will never be seen in any other game.
Ever.

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    What the game will actually look like at launch 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Nice one !  Big explosions FTW !

Also the sounds effects, like the sound wave crashing over me as the explosion shock wave hits me.

Yes, Yes, i know ... no sound in space ... i dont care ... screaming TIE fighters are cool too !

Have fun
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Seriously though iv seen so many games over the past 5 years showcasing these impressive pre alpha graphics post alpha pre beta post beta ect ect and the game always get dumbed down at launch... I would LOVE to see a space sim with that graphical detail at launch though.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

edited October 2015
    thunderC said:
    Oh, you can play that too.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14704-Hyper-Vanguard-Force

On your ship console, while you watch a high definition universe outside the windows of your ship.
    The ship that you can see and explore with a VR headset - and if you want to know how awesome that looks,
    try Elite:Dangerous with an Oculus Rift to get an idea.

Have fun

• cyber7chinkcyber7chink Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Sure, give us the graphical detail that everyone wants! But then not everyone will be able to play it. Why? The system requirements it needs to play those high end graphics only target about 5% of the consumers you want. Not everyone has a high end systems and if you are in the business to make money, you want to make lots of profit.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    thunderC said:
    Seriously though iv seen so many games over the past 5 years showcasing these impressive pre alpha graphics post alpha pre beta post beta ect ect and the game always get dumbed down at launch... I would LOVE to see a space sim with that graphical detail at launch though.
    there´s no reason to dumb it down, there will be a graphics menu with low, medium, high and ultra settings :dizzy:
    I guess that was ultra.

Jokes aside, yeah you won´t play that on a Wall-mart laptop or Xbox One. No chance. Not going to happen.
    Sure, give us the graphical detail that everyone wants! But then not everyone will be able to play it. Why? The system requirements it needs to play those high end graphics only target about 5% of the consumers you want. Not everyone has a high end systems and if you are in the business to make money, you want to make lots of profit.
    It will be like old times.

When a new Wing Commander part was coming, you bought a new rig to be able to play it   ;-)

And those games aged well.

Have fun

Erillion said:

When a new Wing Commander part was coming, you bought a new rig to be able to play it   ;-)

Have fun

exactly.
    I´ve played Wing Commander II, III, IV, Privateer I, II, Strike Commander and if there is one thing that never changed, CR never gave a damn about supporting peasant hardware.
    I´ve basically bought a new PC for every CR game. (Except WCIV)
  • cyber7chinkcyber7chink Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Ah, the golden age!!! LOL Sometimes I do miss those days (especially with Sierra Online Gaming Network). Then there are times I don't...

edited October 2015
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Ah, the golden age!!! LOL Sometimes I do miss those days (especially with Sierra Online Gaming Network). Then there are times I don't...
    Sierra Online? wow never even heard about that, thought they only made point and click adventures. Played a few Space Quest / Kings Quest games and Gabriel Knight
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Yah, I never needed a sound card til Wing Commander (2 was it?) added the voice pack.
    Seriously the break throughs in that period were always making us add hardware to our rigs.
  • SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    edited October 2015
    Something CR pointed out from the beginning of the KS campaign... pushing the boundaries. Be it the details, to the vision and hardware demands. This might increase hardware sales quite much after so many years where it was not necessary. But I have to admit that I had enough of hardware upgrades in 2006 and switched to the console side for a while (bought my XBox360 for Dead Rising and Gears of War). 

These explosions look very incredible. I remember the explosions of the Connie from the multi crew GamesCom demo when I saw this. But seeing it in HD from different angles...wow.

Damn fine details! All the stages of destruction are truly next-gen. The sounds are also awesome not forgetting the part where they showed it from the inside of the ship. Awesome atmosphere! 

*irony* What a scam and ripoff! CR is responsible for this crap and hurts the project in every way! *irony off*

But I'm glad his brothers raps him over his knuckles to tighten project management and hopefully getting things done. Waiting can be very painful (and turn you into a hater in some cases). 

Good/awesome things take time.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    DocBrody said:

And this type of stuff will never be seen.
    Ever.

There.  Fixed, with all the superfluous wording removed.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Show me somebody with a keyboard and mouse actually playing and it looking like that. Thats when I will start to get impressed.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited October 2015
    Recore said:
    Show me somebody with a keyboard and mouse actually playing and it looking like that. Thats when I will start to get impressed.
    Exactly, shiny pre-scripted sequences are easy to mock up; where is the actual hands on gameplay (good graphics or not)?

On a bit of a side note, space scenes and dark metal corridors are some of the easier environments to make look impressive with computer graphics. Not saying SC won't look good (assuming it is ever released), but I've been far more impressed by the graphics of some of the games of the last generation on consoles (e.g. The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Gears of War, ...) than I am with what was shown in those videos.
    Post edited by acidblood on
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    The effects are nice but neither video showed much detail. The exterior is a single ship in front of a planet and the interior is a narrow hallway. Not hard to make things look good when you're not rendering much.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    thunderC said:
    #SAVAGE
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Alien Isolation looks better and is a real game.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    DocBrody said:
    so many thanks to Star Citizen for being PC ONLY, the only true #pcmasterrace game.

exterior
    https://youtu.be/1pWIeT33C-g?t=18m9s

interior
    https://youtu.be/1pWIeT33C-g?t=52m48s

yes, it´s realtime. Yes it works. Yes the game exists. Yes it´s incredible. Yes it´s possible.

Console owners: this will never work on PS4/Xbox

And this type of stuff will never be seen in any other game.
    Ever.

ONE of your claims is true as of now, specifically "the PC-only."

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    yawn, almost every game has nice videos, actually nicer videos then what the games really look like.  So when/if SC is ever launched and we actually see those graphics in the entire game then I will believe.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    edited October 2015
    Another fanboy in total denial. What you are watching is 90 million dollars of fancy graphics that don't add up to much of anything. I lost count of the number of games released in the last 10 years that had amazing graphics for the time and were absolutely terrible games. Flashy graphics means nothing if the game behind them is garbage. It has been over 3 years and all there is to see is demos of flashy graphics. Nothing that even comes close to an actual game. Keep throwing your money away if you want to, I'm sure Roberts is putting it to good use planning for his retirement.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    donger56 said:
    Another fanboy in total denial. What you are watching is 90 million dollars of fancy graphics that don't add up to much of anything. I lost count of the number of games released in the last 10 years that had amazing graphics for the time and were absolutely terrible games. Flashy graphics means nothing if the game behind them is garbage. It has been over 3 years and all there is to see is demos of flashy graphics. Nothing that even comes close to an actual game. Keep throwing your money away if you want to, I'm sure Roberts is putting it to good use planning for his retirement.
    There is a huge market for games with both weak gameplay and crap graphics/art design. Some people are very invested in the idea that MMORPGs must look like a cartoon and be fully portable to consoles/phones. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I think the explosions look good, a bit OTT for my tastes but that something I've always felt about Roberts' games.
    What I really want is to see some real gameplay with it in action and then I'll be more impressed.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DocBrody said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

exactly.
    I´ve played Wing Commander II, III, IV, Privateer I, II, Strike Commander and if there is one thing that never changed, CR never gave a damn about supporting peasant hardware.
    I´ve basically bought a new PC for every CR game. (Except WCIV)
    Well, if you can afford to buy ships in StarCitizen, then you can probably afford a decent PC too.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Will the Lawyers be able to use these in court ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA