Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall - Its Groove Found, Its Future Bright

2»

Comments

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Even now FireFall has the potential of being one of the greats. From the expansive zones, beautifully designed, to its deep original lore. FireFall only needed focus of design to succeed. Separating PvE/PVP gear is definitely a step in the right direction, something I'd bet Chris learned from his days at ArenaNet. As for the negative comments, well we'll agree to disagree. My time in FireFall was always amazingly fun, even though aspects of the game were obviously not finished. I want play on PTS though. I will jump back in once all changes go live.
  • dreamisoverdreamisover Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Completely addicted to Firefall for the past year. The combat gameplay is just nearly perfect. And i love the gameworld. Really excited to see what the future holds.
  • JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Tried it awhile back, was not my cup of tea.  However, that being said, i will keep my eyes on it again and give it another go when the new content is added.  I am hoping, as i do with all new games, that it does well.  
    Haroo!
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    My favorite version of Firefly was .7 in beta. The best MMO I have ever played. Combat is still really good (as compared to other MMO's) and hopefully they will fix crafting soon. But old timers know how good it was in beta.
    Me too, was the only version I really enjoyed and the only version that brought hundreds of players together as one unit.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

fadedpez said:
    Hey, all First of all, thank you to the people at MMORPG for chatting with Chris about Firefall and its future. We're really excited about where the game is headed. If you all want to check out some of the changes we've been cooking up to improve the game on PTS (instructions to download here: http://forums.firefall.com/community/threads/how-to-download-and-access-the-pts-server.6353721/ ). We'd really love to hear from you all to make the game as good as we can! We're also going to have Chris on our live stream this week to discuss our plans leading up to Journey Two. We hope you can join us at live.firefall.tv this Friday at 10 AM PDT. FadedPez Community Manager Red 5 Studios
    Really FedPez, really? How come you didn't hear us when we protested against the changes you all were doing that destroyed the faith of all the founders, when you personally and intentionally took pleasure in banning many of us from the forum because we disagreed with the path you were forcing us?

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "We know we're f#%ked up, bait and switched all the original backers but we're tried of hearing about it. Take this here ban and we'll erase all the forum posts change the game into WoW with guns and hope the new people don't notice" -Red5
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    I've been waiting for territorial control and PVP b4 I try this again. Might be a good time to test it again. I guess all the tiers I lvld etc back in the day are gone, and my mats as well. Any1 know this?
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    They are WAYYYYY to late with the pvp...this game had the potential for fun pvp...but you can't go without it, then add in a crappy pvp element, then finally add something that's kind of eh...basically it's planetside in the pvp area, then think you are doing some great thing. To late, you failed...your pvpers are gone...gg.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• DrakolusDrakolus Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I've been playing it a bit lately. I'll leave all the arguing about gameplay and plans and such to others. The missions involving "The Meddler" and "Zed" I have to give props to the voice actors. I find myself saying "Frrrrrisky, rawr" and "Do it...FOR SCIENCE!" quite a bit :).
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Hurry up with the open world pvp upgrades!!

I hope the game does well. It has a very original design and great ideas.

• darkknight12321darkknight12321 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    nice
  • illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    edited October 2015
    I been here waaaay too long and seen way too many great concepts come and go. (check my registration if you don't believe it) ... so I'm just Burnt out at this point on trying to convince newer members of the MMO scene of anything mentioned here. ... ... Bottom Line: The AI is way better. If you wish GuildWars2 had smarter Mobs and real Aiming or Range...Then this will work for you. If all you want is an FPS with Aesthetic progression, go back to CSGO and have fun sitting in DE_Dust2 for the rest your bitter twitchy little lives until you're too old to Quickscope. Stop crapping on Hybrid games.
  • ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    My favorite version of Firefly was .7 in beta. The best MMO I have ever played. Combat is still really good (as compared to other MMO's) and hopefully they will fix crafting soon. But old timers know how good it was in beta.
    You can't take the Chosen from me...

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

nondogg13 said:
    just wish they woulkd spend more money on advertising, over the last 4 years i continuelly get ask "hey do you still play any mmo's" to which i reply " yeah firefall" only to hear this back "whats firefall".
    Spending money on what advertising? Do you honestly think the right audience is on TV commercials? How do you think most games get found out these days? It isn't by having a large advertising budget.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg

FPS wants to be MMO... I just don't see it when people complain the ten-button setup for mmos such as TESO and GW2. FPS has like what, 6 buttons total?
    Planetside is a FPS and an MMOG. I don't see what the problem is.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg

• milyenmilyen Member UncommonPosts: 39
    edited October 2015
    This game was great in beta. If you can call it that as it's been so long!

The crafting using mix-maxing was great, you could tweak certain stats with resourced to boost effects etc. Now it's dull / boring and time consumingly repetitive. Changes to repair meant once you made an weapon you'd never ever craft another.

This in turn ruined the crafting community who had no desire to pvp or play with other players just wanted to play solo by questing and thumping and provide a service to other players. 

They then ruined thumping so were forced to go to new area ( which isn't a bad thing ) but had a lack of nodes or accessible veins to tap via thumping.

They brought in perks to balance out the levelling nerf which was never really needed

They brought in a new research system which was way complicated by the fact a casual gamer would just get turned off and the hard core gamer didn't have a time, and the ones who did would be so busy doing that would miss out on the game.

They removed tornadoes in NE, and the script still said special rewards like blues purples etc which never dropped after the changes. Simple bugs which could and should have been fixed if the people actually designing / developing played the game. 

Totally nerfed the Bastion frame which was designed to be a thumper class. Turrets were a joke after they got nerfed. Really guys? a Mammoth / Recon / Assault frame can thump better on same level than a similar or higher level Bastion ! They made it so silly. There was actually skill involved in thumping: find an ore and chase the vein to the peak and thump there maybe use the surrounding environment to avoid boss waves which are now a nightmare. Thumping near melding walls for higher quality resources for materials but higher risk was fun but blergh. Most new players will miss out or never know such concepts.

A totally viable game which needed pvp and end game content was ruined by poorly thought out team of developers. They asked for opinion from community and totally ignored it and just went ahead with their own plans. Capping BWA was a good idea to stop the farmers but they could have done this sooner but yet again failed to listen.

The concept was good ruined by poor execution and bad decisions along the way. 

I'd be surprised if the game will prosper like it was back in the days of beta.
    Post edited by milyen on
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    I'm simply waiting for the PTS changes to hit the live version. After that, I'll probably play more.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    edited October 2015
    My charakter is AssGas.
    I played a whole year before some american GM with the well known double morality standarts decided, that name is inapropriate and had to be changed.
    I opened a thread in forums to discuss this rude behavior and Red5 gave me my charaktername back.

That was a great move by them and i never forget that, thanks again Red5.

The game changed with every update completely.
    As if they've been searching for a mechanic that works.
    They've been shaking the mechanics that hard, that the game became totally dull for oldtimers.

Other people here went into more detail, what went wrong, as we all did on their forums.

When the game was released, everything in it felt so pointless and i left. Four times i ate full changes in the game mechanics, before i was done.

I agree, 0.7 was the best mechanics.

Hope they can make it one day, to have a good game.
    A good engine is only half a game.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I think that is the issue, most of us tried it years ago and since then it keeps changing into something different.  I remember when the landscape was full of thumpers and you could just log in and have fun, earn some minerals and craft.  I remember when a medic was actually a healer and used a beam like in TF2.  Now the healer has to shoot a tiny ball at a person to heal them but the players are always moving and using jetpacks so getting them to stay in one spot so your slow moving healing ball will actually hit them is ridiculous, another class ruined.

I played the heck out of this one back in the day and loved it.  I dropped money into it to support them but they continued to kill off my favorite classes and change the game to the point the fun is gone for me.  If it had not launched years ago and I just now tried the game, I might like it.  Sadly that is not the case after seeing what it once was.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• SlabHardcheeseSlabHardcheese Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited October 2015
    I understand some people don't like some of the changes (myself included). That is legitimate and really it is expected anytime major changes are introduced. But when some refer to 'all the players' hate this or that, they aren't really speaking for the majority. There is a broad range of opinions and Red5 has to make those decisions with their own long term viability foremost.

Part of my interest in this game is surfing the changes (not everyone's cup of tea). It's an interesting social experiment watching their iterative process and being amazed every time they introduce major changes. I enjoy going to the public test server and seeing all the new content and providing feedback. Even though this free-to-play game has gone through an amazing amount of large changes, the worlds are getting bigger, the game is getting accessible to more players, and I believe in the long run Red5 is going to be successful.

It has been a long road for us, but in between all other games that come out that I love to play (fallout, borderlands, dragons age, mass effect, etc) I keep coming back to Firefall. It just has more of a long term appeal to me, while the others burn hot for a few months I then get bored after finishing the content. At least Firefall's changing / expanding over time keeps entertaining me, and I just simply enjoy it.

Firefall is free to play and not pay to win. I recommend you try it if you haven't, and at least come back once in awhile to check the changes. Tons of new stuff is pending and available now for testing on the PTS, which can be accessed through links in the firefall forums.