Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hard is not that hard

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Playing at level 25 nearing the end of chapter 2 playing at hard with my templar and comming to the conclusion that its actually still very easy and not really challenging...

but then on the other hand, wreaking havoc and carnage, makes you feel o so good...... Enjoying the stories very much... Its one of those games that you play when you dont have full concentration...

i like how the skill system works, and am still wondering why they never added some exciting PvP modes, like a DOTA and other scenarios.. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169
    You haven't played it on release when simple mobs where 1 shooting every thing ?  Before noobs nerf ?
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

By templar you mean crusader i presume. 

Hard difficulty isn't really hard in D3. Furthermore, crusaders got buffed in recent patches to the point where one can call them overpowered. My average geared crusader breezes through torment 3 at the moment. 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

This is video game grade inflation. The game can be hard .. but you have to get to torment to get it. And it is also challenging to be efficient (as opposed just survive and kill the elites).

BTW, the game has just got infinite challenge. Greater Rifts will become harder and harder, and never ends.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Hard is just a name. If hard is not hard enough, crank it up. Higher torment difficulties and you will feel the pain.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    The difficulty in Diablo 3 just adds more mob HP and different pack types (like buffs on packs of mobs) it gets a little harder near the end on hard, but I'm pretty sure the first time me and my girlfriend played it together on the newer difficulty system we did it on expert which was an okay difficulty. On my 70 characters I tend to do higher torment levels which are insanely difficult.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Well, they have decreased the difficulty a lot with every game, the first Diablo was far harder.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Loke666 said:
    Well, they have decreased the difficulty a lot with every game, the first Diablo was far harder.
    D2 was far far easier than what D3 offers in terms of difficulty. i played D1 on playstation so i can't comment about that but i have my doubts.  the only way you could get any kind of challenge from D2 was to pvp.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Yep Diablo 3 has alot more to offer, challenge wise, then any Diablo did previously. A big part of the challenge of D3 is seeing how much higher you can get in Grifts then other players as well. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Lol. What do you expect at difficulty level 2 of 5? Hard is a breeze especially if you're not new and have gold and items to craft gear -- it is a gear-based game you know.

I routinely play Hardcore Expert now and even that's pretty easy. The hardcore bit adds some extra spice as well.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    RIFT Level 50+ becomes HARD then 60+ becomes interesting

75+ is the RIFT Level you want 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    I would like to see anyone who says this game is not hard post a video of them soloing greater rift 89, preferably in hardcore.

There are, what, less than 10 in the US who have done that?