Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    edited August 2015
    just rebooted and things are still dragging.  I can't blame the site specifically though. Edge seems to be running slowly . Running Win 10 Pro, Edge browser. Going to try IE

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    eye_m said:
    just rebooted and things are still dragging.  I can't blame the site specifically though. Edge seems to be running slowly . Running Win 10 Pro, Edge browser. Going to try IE
    Please let me know if the experience is different for you in other browsers.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I don't know if this is just a problem on my end, but since this morning this site crashes Internet Explorer (IE becomes completely unresponsive and I have to shut down the process running this sites page in task manager to get IE working again). Seems to work fine in Chrome.
    YashaX said:
    I don't know if this is just a problem on my end, but since this morning this site crashes Internet Explorer (IE becomes completely unresponsive and I have to shut down the process running this sites page in task manager to get IE working again). Seems to work fine in Chrome.
    The forums? Or the main site?
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    MikeB said:
    YashaX said:
    It seems to be just the forums, specifically when I open a thread to read IE freezes up.
    YashaX said:
    MikeB said:
    YashaX said:
    It seems to be just the forums, specifically when I open a thread to read IE freezes up.
    Tagging @skywisenight so he can take a look.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Firefox is complaining:  This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to forums.mmorpg.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
    What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

forums.mmorpg.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
      *.vanillaforums.com, vanillaforums.com 

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    First of all, the forums are working great in Edge - I was having a few weird issues with the other one using that browser. Also very nice and quick using my iPad's Safari.

I found a problem with the link to the forum off "Favorite Games" on the main site. The "Articles" and "News" links work fine since they link to main site pages but the "Forum" link goes to a "Page Not Found" error page in the new forum.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    First of all, the forums are working great in Edge - I was having a few weird issues with the other one using that browser. Also very nice and quick using my iPad's Safari.

I found a problem with the link to the forum off "Favorite Games" on the main site. The "Articles" and "News" links work fine since they link to main site pages but the "Forum" link goes to a "Page Not Found" error page in the new forum.
    Was it for a game that actually still has a forum now? We got rid of most of the game forums.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    MikeB said:
    Iselin said:

Was it for a game that actually still has a forum now? We got rid of most of the game forums.

Yeah. Tried for Crowfall, EQN and ESO and got the same error message. I also deleted them off my list and re-added them and I still get the same error message.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    waynejr2 said:

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to forums.mmorpg.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
    What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Yes.  We do not have an ssl cert for our site.  Are you getting this error from a link or are you typing in https://forums.mmorpg.com?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Iselin said:
    MikeB said:
    Iselin said:

Yeah. Tried for Crowfall, EQN and ESO and got the same error message. I also deleted them off my list and re-added them and I still get the same error message.
    We have some work to do in that area.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I am sorry I am in a rush to go play EQ2 but I'm unable to access these forums without a proxy from Rome, Italy .Any proxy I can set it for Germany or US but I am using Zenmate then it allows me to access it. I am connecting from my home.
    Chamber of Chains
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    edited August 2015
    I notice no one replied to any of my earlier bug notes.  

Ikeda said:
    So it took FOREVER to get back to this thread.  I clicked the world.  Don't have permission.  Clicked the edit button to my above post?  Don't have permission.  Suddenly, I'm logged out.  Log back in.  Burrow back down to this thread.  As soon as I get here?  Logged out again and on the main page.

1)  I don't have permissions to edit my own post.
    2)  I tried to click the little world icon that has a (1) flagged.  Don't have permission.  Not a good way to wake up.  
    3)  Randomly logging me off

Pissing all over my b-day already.

More specifically the logging me out thing between MMORPG.com and the forums.  I notice someone else mentioned it and it wasn't discussed either.

And in the past, I could find this by going to main page.  Clicking profile.  Clicking over view.  And skimming for posts I replied to.

Now it takes me 3 times as long to click through to find the relevant page of the reply I made.  This is not an improvement.

I also think a darker green (more forest) would be better, personally.  Especially with the background being blacks and grays.

Finally, I too am seeing lag both on my Win10 Edge and Chrome, and this Win 8.1 Chrome. 

Also, MikeB... since we're all achieve-whores now, how do I get a list of badges so I can tick them off like a good ol' boy scout?  Do I get a couple for my .... enforced quiet times?  :)
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    MikeB said:
    anemo said:
    Too much green.  

It's the color we are trained to pay the most attention to(IE: confirmations, go, or whatever else), and physically see the most of.   But you have a blaring flaming sun of "LOOK AT ME" green on just about everyone's name.
    Ah. That's just their rank color. Would a different shade of green work better?

Yes, not as btight or high saturation.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    Meddle said:
    waynejr2 said:

What Should I Do?

Yes.  We do not have an ssl cert for our site.  Are you getting this error from a link or are you typing in https://forums.mmorpg.com?

it was from a link on this site.  So I am on mmorpg.com clicking on a link which is also on this website.

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Meddle said:
    waynejr2 said:

What Should I Do?

FYI, clicking on that link in your post causes the problem if you need clarification.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    MikeB said:
    Hey everyone.

New forums are live (duh!). Please post any issues or bugs you find here!
    Apologies if these are duplicates:
    • BUG: A few times while quoting people I haven't been able to move the cursor down to the post area.  In the old forums you could at least do two enters to get out of that box, but in this case there weren't any tricks that worked.
    • REQUEST: Can quotes show up in the notification tray?  (Similar to how @MikeB shows up)  That would make sifting back through responses a lot easier -- in the Planetside 2 forums I could essentially just work through my notifications and know I'd responded to every post that quoted me.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

Meddle said:
    Iselin said:
    MikeB said:
    Iselin said:

We have some work to do in that area.
    This should be fixed up now.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

waynejr2 said:
    Meddle said:
    waynejr2 said:

What Should I Do?

FYI, clicking on that link in your post causes the problem if you need clarification.
    Yes of course but there are no links on our pages that use https:// all should be http:// which would not throw a ssl cert error.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Torval said:
    Intentional for the MOMENT. We're doing some work with Vanilla to get the comments and stuff working right there. Should be fixed in the next day or two.
    Because of CFM (our current site architecture), we have to have news posts (which tie to forum threads), and feature/review posts that don't. We're looking to find a nice way to import comments from the news posts into the feature/review posts. Vanilla is working on it with us.
    Does the one other person in the world that still uses Cold Fusion help you guys with tips an tricks? Hahaha, just kidding. Couldn't resist the elitist programming barb.
    @Torval ;

Pffft.  Cold Fusion.  I never mess with that new stuff.  Perl CGI with SSI for me.  Nothing it can't do if you have the time to write it from scratch.  :-)

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    ZombieKen said:
    Torval said:
    Intentional for the MOMENT. We're doing some work with Vanilla to get the comments and stuff working right there. Should be fixed in the next day or two.
    Because of CFM (our current site architecture), we have to have news posts (which tie to forum threads), and feature/review posts that don't. We're looking to find a nice way to import comments from the news posts into the feature/review posts. Vanilla is working on it with us.
    Does the one other person in the world that still uses Cold Fusion help you guys with tips an tricks? Hahaha, just kidding. Couldn't resist the elitist programming barb.
    @Torval ;

Pffft.  Cold Fusion.  I never mess with that new stuff.  Perl CGI with SSI for me.  Nothing it can't do if you have the time to write it from scratch.  :-)
    Hey... CFM is fun!

And really... Bill was completely wrong about CFM being the root of all this evil... integrating two separate systems such as Vanilla and the current MMORPG.com site or even the upcoming new site based on the Drupal platform takes some tweaking to work out all of the kinks.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Meddle said:

Hey... CFM is fun!

And really... Bill was completely wrong about CFM being the root of all this evil... integrating two separate systems such as Vanilla and the current MMORPG.com site or even the upcoming new site based on the Drupal platform takes some tweaking to work out all of the kinks.

Been there, done that (not exactly but close).  Really glad it's your job this time around.  :-)

Good work.

General site comment:  Bookmarked thread system is great !!!